main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 110: Lair of Grievous

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, May 16, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode 110: Lair of Grievous

Poll closed May 16, 2011.
  1. 10

33.3%
  2. 9

18.2%
  3. 8

36.4%
  4. 7

6.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

3.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.0%
  1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Gave it an 8. Up there with the best of Season 1. It was a nice refreshing episode without Anakin, Obi-Wan or Ahsoka.

I also really like how the clones were used as well, they were efficient enough but when things get a little tougher(Gar, lava pit) only the Commander could really handle it, though he unfortunately was killed. One of the first of many cool clones to be killed.

Kit v.s Grievous remains one of my favorite lightsaber duels in this series, choreography was brilliant, the fog made it different and it showed how impressive Kit really was. He was effortlessly taking care of Grievous, there was a reason Mace took him to take down Palpatine.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    (Behind but almost caught up)

I didn't like this episide much (5). I have grown somewhat disenchanted with Grievous and his badassness; he isn't quite as scary anymore. Even in this episode, with him killing a Jedi, I can kinda see where Dooku is coming from.

I wasn't at all impressed with Nadar. That kid was going to get taught. Shame the lesson killed him, but I'm surprised someoe like that would be promoted to full Jedi. (Then again, Anakin was . . . but in this series, at least, Anakin shows that he is worthy of the rank.)

Just generally underwhelmed.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I've got a love/hate relationship with this episode. I love Grievous's history as presented in the rest if the EU and this does mess with that in some ways, while paying homage to it in others. I loved the Kaleesh Battle Mask on the statue, Grievous being a somewhat better warrior in this one, as well as Grievous's medical droid(Whom Kit Fisto murders no less).

Gor is pretty awesome as well. I always like the beast in the lair type stuff.

That said the idea that Grievous has never killed a Jedi Master, that brings it back a notch. Maybe even more so now that we've seen Darth Maul's brother do it in no time.

None the less this is the single best Grievous episode we've gotten in three Seasons worth of TV.

7/10

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    He almost killed K'hruhk:p but he has killed plenty of knights and padawans apparently- Halsey was a crappy jedi- GG could've killed him in no time but they never met:p ....

5. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    General Grievous is neither overpowered nor underpowered in TCW, in my opinion. But the Jedi he has encountered are not so insane as Kenobi to really try to kill GG - they just defend themselves. And still GG can kill Padawans in a duel(which is quite an accomplishment for a non Force-sensitive).

I really love the portrayal of GG in TCW - they use his all 4 lightsabers properly, creating a deadly whirlwind. Eventually, the Jedi Knight will become jaded while GG is a cyborg and will continue his attacks. My complaint that TCW doesn't show us any duel lasting that long.:_|

And in this episode Kit Fisto escaped when he lost the battle.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Hopefully we see Grievous portraying some bad*ssery fighting non-forcesensitives and winning those gungans- his portrayal in TCW is not underpowerfulness in fact (still most characters IMHO could be just a bit more powerful in TCW:p) - but he shouldn't be so overconfident and also unlucky- that is what i think is majorly wrong in TCW-GG- he should be bit more realistic not always having "this is too easy"-attitude- he fails so much how could anyone think "this is too easy" after all those failures?....

They should let him win sometimes- they write him to lose and use him as recurring villain, and constant defeats make him to look weak.....Filoni said this himself and Tactical droids and Lok Durd for example are created to avoid constant bashing of Grievous:rolleyes: - what about not creating "Good guy wins the bad guy" stories but actually stories about two-sided war?????-

Bit more mature plots then- sometimes good guy wins- sometimes bad guy gains the victory instead(in this episode GG does gain a minor victory though)- even in movies we have "Empire Strikes Back" (not even to mention dark "Revenge of the Sith"- my fav) TCW needs 'seppies strike back'-season so they would feel like an actual treath and viewers could enjoy more about good guys winning ,since war would really feel twosided and it wouldn't be "How Grievous fails this time" episodes- now it feels like "Ok there is not even a challenge for a jedi[face_tired]" facing and overcoming challenges is fun to watch and Griveous could be just the challenge for the jedi-heroes -but if episodes start to follow "Grievous attacks- is defeated and escapes"- logic (like it followed during season1 ep2-ep8) show becomes boring to watch and extremely predictable "Soon he jumps to his fighter and flies away.... yep that was easy to predict[face_tired] "

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Are you talking about Monster? Or am I forgetting something?

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    As far as I know, yes he is referring to Savage Opress' double homicide on Devaron.

9. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    Grievous is not a Force-sensitive and he doesn't have so much brutal strength as Savage. So comparing them is wrong.

His duel with Obi on Kamino was good too. The battle ended with Grievous being in winning position when Kenobi fell off the platform.[face_laugh]

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    MASTER Halsey was that roonian killed by savage in Monster

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Are you just calling him Master because he had a Padawan? I always thought that guy was just a Knight. And not even wookieepedia has an entry for Roonian...

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    He means 'Roonan' without an 'i'. And in Witches of the Mist he is referred to as Master Halsey.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes Roonan sorry:D ....... and yes he can be also just a knight since those are referred "masters" many times over (like Anakin) but i think he supposedly was "master" since he sounded kinda old compared to other roonans- even though maybe he was such a crappy jedi he never earned rank of master but i dunno...... or then some roonans sound older without being older..... cannot say....

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Wookieepedia says he was a Master. I could've done without that.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    and i can write to wookieepedia that he was in fact she and a wookiee- of course someone may correct that at some point:p but remember that wikis are not trustworthy they are open for all editors- he is thought to be master because he is referred as master but does it prove anything? Nope ...Anakin is also called 'master' by Plo for example....

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    That can be attributed to Plo Koon's senility. He's getting on by the time the Clone Wars come around and all that time on a planet with a hostile, unbreathable atmosphere would mess with his head.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Well the source cited was a Clone Wars magazine that I don't have so... :confused:

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    they should made an episode focusing around Plo's senility..... Luminara also calls him "master Skywalker" i think- but well maybe that is adulation- Luminara also 'loved Anakin's logic' so is there something behind that more than simple sense of humour?:p

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Luminara: Oh Skywalker i just love... your.... (comes seductively closer)....logic!
    Anakin: ehm.... we should... really keep going... our padawans might be in trouble....

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm not making an IU comparrison really but a narrative one. It's simply poor story telling to sacrifice the established villians to promote the flavour of the month.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ^Yeah, I definitely agree with that. And I've got a feeling it's a pattern we've not seen the last of.

23. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Yesterday, while watching Cat and Mouse, I couldn't stop thinking, "Why can't that be Grievous kicking butt on that ship?!"

I guess it boild down to quality vs. quantity of villains. Hopefully Grievous will get his spot in the limelight in the future...

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Good that he wasn't there- i can't stand Anakin fights Grievous without meeting him or communicating with him -stuff- besides they needed character they can kill off (even though Trench may have survived) also i like character of Trench too he is different than GG hopefully he survived and we'll see him and GG together kicking the butt of the Republic:p

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    [face_thinking]