main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 110: Lair of Grievous

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, May 16, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode 110: Lair of Grievous

Poll closed May 16, 2011.
  1. 10

33.3%
  2. 9

18.2%
  3. 8

36.4%
  4. 7

6.1%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

3.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.0%
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    His flagship blew up once before and he should be already dead- so odd if he really supposedly died after that little fact was said there- they wasted animation model and character also.....

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    True, but TCW loves to kill off characters after one episode.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    True but giving extra info with no purpose is so unlike TCW- they talked lot about Trench being supposedly dead already- i don't see how it would be relevant if he died just like that...... besides TCW also wants to bring characters back to life:p even those who really are dead like Maul.... plus episode guide doesn't confirm the death as they usually do it just mentions ship exploding but not Trench dying or being killed by explosion or anything...

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I was never a big fan of Trench anyway. I don't really like the idea of new 'aliens' just being anthropomorphic Earth animals. Like the goat men in the cantina that showed up a few times in S3.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Honestly, I would have preferred something that looked derivative of a spider more than the more obvious route they took, but it didn't bother me that much. It was the teeth clucking that bothered me that much. But we're talking about the wrong episode now. :oops:

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It's not the first time we've gone wildly off-topic though is it?

7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Of course not, friend. :D

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well some opinions just are different
    Trench=awesome
    Teeth clucking=awesome
    even his line about fear was awesome:p

All aliens are inevitably more or less ridiculous anyway- most eu-aliens are simply foolish..... Trench is exactly in line with goatmen and other guys we see in OT- his species Harch is exactly what they could add to background in cantina and no one would complain "LOL an odd teethcluckingalien there in the corner" now when he actually does something he is "too odd"..... just tells how intolerant humans are:p makes me wonder how tolerant these people are towards real-life "oddity"- many real people tend to have odd mannerisms like teethclucking of Trench.....

Since goatmen, big fat slugs and tailheads etc. seems to exists in SW-universe i'm always glad to see they are not just background decoration to make cantinas bizarre but active living and thinking characters just like humans too- they may look foolish but there is no in-universe reason not to add relative of Ben Quadrinaros to be republic admiral or anything:p - seeing 'ridiculous alien' as CIS-admiral was very welcome since GL already added ridiculous aliens to SW when he did ANH now there needs to be tolerance In-universe.....

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I actually liked the idea, I just didn't like the actual noise they used.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Chalk it up onto the "good ideas, poor execution" board then. Just see if you can find any space to put it though [face_whistling]

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    i liked the noise as well:p