main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 111 "Dooku Captured"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, May 19, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 111 "Dooku Captured"

Poll closed May 19, 2011.
  1. 10

3.1%
  2. 9

3.1%
  3. 8

21.9%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

21.9%
  6. 5

3.1%
  7. 4

3.1%
  8. 3

12.5%
  9. 2

3.1%
  10. 1

9.4%
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    No, because the newsreel at the beginning of The Gungan General implies that Anakin/Obi were drugged in the previous episode (this one)...when they obviously avoided it (or so we thought). Plot hole.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That's something from The Gungan General. It's that episode that is contradicting this one, not the other way around. You can't blame one episode because of the next one.

3. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    6/10

Hondo, Dooku and the planet Florum are the only saving graces for this episode.

I hated all of the Gundark scenes.:oops:

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    but you can claim the next episode because of this one? I don't know why they did such a stupid continuity error and another is lightsaber thing- in this there is 2 sabers (Dooku's and Anakin's) while jedi arrived unarmed- in next episode there is no Dooku's saber but instead Obi-Wan's[face_tired] maybe they left Obi's saber to ship (the were checked for weapons but maybe they didn't arrive unarmed and Obi's saber was left to ship) and pirates stole it when they were unconscious but still it don't explain mystical disappearance of Dooku's saber:rolleyes:

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Claim? Or blame? If the latter, yes. The inconsistency is from 'The Gungan General', not 'Dooku Captured'.

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'll admit I lowered whatever my original score for this episode would have been because of what I now know of the sequel. That isn't just because of the ending that now doesn't fit with the next episode. It's because when I first saw this episode, it seemed like it was divided between scenes that were introducing a larger plot, and scenes that were just filler to make it fit 2 episodes -- but I would have given it the benefit of the doubt back then because I hadn't yet scene the second part, and there may have been a reason for those "filler" scenes. Now that I know that both episodes could have been fit into a single episode and a lot of the antics in this one were just a waste of time, I gave it a lower score.

...And also because of the ending. I won't deny it. :p

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    umm yeah i meant blame..... inconsistency is equally in both episodes of course- another one cannot be illogical alone- i'm not sure which one was made first but looks like they changed the ending of this to make this stand-alone- probably they were originally drugged but for unknown reasons they thought cliffhanger is not ok....same error was made with virusduology- releasing virus at the end of BSV would've been so much better ending cliffhanger and also more time for Iego then......

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The music is pretty much a remix of the song "Ishq Bina" from the film "Taal" along with "Mera Yaar vi Sona"; missed the voting deadlien, though; would have given it a 8/10

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No, it's not. There is no inconsistency on the first episode. The second one was the one who made the whole story inconsistent. Therefore, the fault lies on the latter.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I'm not sure about saying only Gungan General was only inconsistent in this arc. I have to double check since I do remember there was something strange that occurred in Dooku Captured. This duology was just bleh.

11. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The plot hole is clearly created in Dooku Captured. Anakin and Obi supposedly avoid the sleep drug by using their force powers to switch mugs...and we see Hondo's men pass out around them. Then the newsreel at the start of Gungan General implies that Anakin/Obi did not in fact avoid the sleep drug after all and the episode opens with the two waking up in a prison cell. For the events of Gungan General to transpire as the episode was intended, then Anakin/Obi could not ever have avoided the sleep drug which they supposedly avoided in Dooku Captured. Dooku Captured creates the plot hole (which is only rectified by a webcomic).

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Did they even make these in order? They had sequel planned with Jar Jar and all and they still screwed up this ending and beginning of the next episode so both are inconsistent changing either one would've made another to work as well while this was possibly made first- this would've been easier to change but of course would've made jedi bit stupider than they already were:p looks like that this episode was changed so there wouldn't be cliffhanger that in fact would've saved both episodes from being inconsistent- where is the sense in that i don't get though.....

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    At least we got some sort of explanation/retcon from the webcomic. I feel sorry for all the casual fans who would have absolutely no idea what the hell happened.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Maybe that pirate brew just was so strong they fainted without any drugs:p

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Yeah or maybe their first drinks dulled their senses enough to not sense the drugs in the 2nd round. I mean the pirates would have to be blind to see that they swapped their drinks out in mid-air during the toast :oops:

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    and 2nd round was not the last round :p

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Finally watched this last night. Try to watch Gungan General tonight.

Gave it 4/10 after some thought. I think originally I tried to defend this episode but it just seems so terrible now.

The banter between Ani/Obi seemed forced. Ahsoka was annoying.

I liked Hondo of course, but the whole hostage thing didn't really make too much sense to me and the episode felt slapped together.

I liked the initial sequence in the ship I guess.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, the first 4 - 5 minutes of this episode are great. I agree that for the most part the Skywalker/Kenobi dialogue wasn't very good, and the best lines in the episode were mostly Hondo's.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    perhaps they tried to make it more PT-like then:p

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I think their dialogue is good in Ep. III. But you know how I feel about Ep. II...

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Few scenes in ROTS also are bit bad- for example Obi-Wan telling Padmé how Anakin killed younglings... there is something in the scene that makes it to feel bit bad for some reason[face_thinking] ..... that's not really a problem for me- but it has same problem as many AOTC scenes- still can watch both without probs not saying that..... and it was just a joke about prequels that are generally criticized about their dialogue

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    And rightly so, I might add.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    There is as much Jedi wisdom in Ep. I as there is in the whole OT if you ask me. The PT has many weak spots, but also some strong spots.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well yeah that's because TPM focuses on the Jedi in their prime, not some ragtag group flying around in a space-hamburger.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    That's some of my favorite dialogue out of all six films, so since the topic was how crappy the dialogue in the prequels is, I just figured I'd point that out. :-B