main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 111 "Dooku Captured"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, May 19, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 111 "Dooku Captured"

Poll closed May 19, 2011.
  1. 10

3.1%
  2. 9

3.1%
  3. 8

21.9%
  4. 7

18.8%
  5. 6

21.9%
  6. 5

3.1%
  7. 4

3.1%
  8. 3

12.5%
  9. 2

3.1%
  10. 1

9.4%
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    PT-bashing never gets old- yeah it has weak spots but i'm sooooooooo bored to talk about them anymore......

2. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    That's because of how unwieldy and artificial "youngling" sounds to the ear. The emotional impact of "children" is lost because its replacement is an inherently odd word. Also, the fact that Obi-Wan watched a "security hologram" of Anakin killing children suffers from the same problem. Too much jargon; sometimes simplicity is the answer.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    No no it's not that, i'm not even native speaker it's totally same which terms they use younglings or children it's not that, there is something in Natalie's performance, hard to believe this same woman had oscar last year, but her reaction just feels contrived for some reason.....

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I thought it had been established that was due to Lucas' directing.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    In Ep. II and Ep. III I felt that a lot of Natalie's lines were so mediocre that there was little she could do to act them in a very convincing manner. We need a new thread for all this off-topic stuff...

6. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    Then translate the sentence into your native tongue, once using "children" and once using some rough approximation of "youngling." Which sounds better?

7. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I pretend the monkey lizard is part ysalamir. Makes it easier to swallow horrible, horrible premise.

Still shouldn't have been done, though. It doesn't matter how realistic it is or isn't, having Dooku captured completely undermines his role as the visible "Big Bad". Hell, he should still be consistently defeating and humiliating the protagonists at this stage... not being humiliated himself.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Hondo = Probably the best original character TCW has produced. He's always entertaining.

Monkey Lizards = Coolness

And the Gundark was alright. Past that this is just bad. Rewatching actually made me like it less than I once did.

3/10

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    There is no such word in our language:p and "youngling" is a jedi term/ GFFA-term- terms sound funny and odd when they belong in some cultural context we are not used to- i think youngling is fine- besides i was talking about Natalie- she doesn't even say "youngling"