main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode - 112 - The Gungan General

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, May 23, 2011.

?

Grade The Episode - 112 - The Gungan General

Poll closed Aug 21, 2011.
  1. 10

8.8%
  2. 9

2.9%
  3. 8

11.8%
  4. 7

2.9%
  5. 6

20.6%
  6. 5

14.7%
  7. 4

2.9%
  8. 3

8.8%
  9. 2

8.8%
  10. 1

17.6%
  1. CaptainYossarian

CaptainYossarian Jedi Master star 3

Mar 30, 2003
    It's also got a robot with a gun on its head.

2. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    That was a great addition. [face_laugh]

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I bet you they took that idea from KOTOR. TCW can throw in a lot of KOTOR references.

4. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    But still, it was pretty cool. [face_laugh]

5. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Personally other then rookies and the ryloth trilogy at the end of the season, this episode was season 1's few shining moments. I really like the eerie feel the fog put on the surface of the planet, what little of the background story to grievous we got was done well, as everyone else has said the lightsaber duel between fisto and grievous flowed very well, I liked The little pet the general had GOR. Over all this was a very good episode but it had it's flaws as well. I think the whiny teenager likeness to Nadhar Vebb could've been done way better, and also how just randomly vebb went from a good padawan to showing signs of anger and getting himself killed that could've been done better. One more thing I really liked the small humor we had with the doctor droid that was a nice touch.

Final Grade: 8/10

sorry ignore this post I meant to put this in the Grade the episode Lair of grievous thread my bad. [face_whistling]

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Finally watched it. 3/10.

Probably way lower than I would have given initially but it hasn't improved with age.

I liked Hondo, I liked Obi-Wan sarcastically telling Anakin "stop being insolence, Dooku's concentrating" or whatever. [face_laugh]

And Dooku being Sithy badass at the end was cool.

But really, pole vaulting? Terrible. Jar-Jar? So terrible. Why did the morbidly obese cows come up to those geysers in the first place?

While I can see the concept of Dooku/Ani/Obi having to work together to escape was a good idea in theory, they got pretty much all of it wrong.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ^I liked polejumping:p

8. JoleeBee

JoleeBee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2011
    This is so unbelievable concept. How they can be captured without defending themselves? How can a Sith Lord and two greatest Jedi work together? Why Dooku didn't try planting a doubt in their minds? (Senate being controlled by a Sith Lord, you Jedi have bombed a peaceful planet recently etc). Why Jedi didn't interrogate Dooku? Why they didn't talk about the war? Why Obi didn't ask Dooku about Qui Gon?
    The show had an opportunity to develop Dooku's character and wasted it. And I will believe in Dooku/Ani/Obi cooperation after they found some ground on which the both parties agrees (Like Dooku telling Jedi about his feeling that they are just pawns in some greater game and Obi agrees).

1/10 Nothing to see here, move along.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well they had a common goal- to release themselves - so working together was a best possibility really.... but yeah Dooku's character should've been developed more- episode without any "Jar Jar brings the spice-subplot" would've been soooo much better

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, this one is too much like work.

2/10

11. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011

Been wondering why AB passed on Gungan General, BSV, and MoaTM. Maybe AB didn't like how Jar Jar was written. [face_dunno]

Writers wasted the opportunity to discuss Qui-Gon! The one thing all three have in common. :oops:

Or Dooku and Obi-Wan arguing over ideology, while Anakin is caught in the middle, literally and metaphorically. Dooku could've sowed those seeds of doubt, since he was proto-Anakin. :vader:

"Control you insolence, the count is concentrating." [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    IIRC, he was working on something else when those episodes were being recorded.

Still, no Ahmed Best is probably my major criticism of this episode. I like Jar Jar, but the voice was definitely not 'right' without Best.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    That is one of my favorite quotes from season 1

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maybe Best and Lucasfilm could not agree on pay salary.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I guess we will not know.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He was doing other projects at the time. It had nothing to do with salary.