main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 118: "Mystery of a 1000 Moons"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jun 13, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 118: "Mystery of a 1000 Moons"

Poll closed Sep 11, 2011.
  1. 10

3.1%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

12.5%
  4. 7

6.3%
  5. 6

9.4%
  6. 5

28.1%
  7. 4

6.3%
  8. 3

6.3%
  9. 2

9.4%
  10. 1

18.8%
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    3. Not my least favourite episode but I'm not jumping through hoops to watch it again.

2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Bad bad bad bad. Gave it a 3. And that was for some of the decent action and the Obi-Wan/Anakin dialogue. We knew none of the main characters were going to die not to mention it's way to early to kill off Ahsoka and Rex. No tension at all because none of the other clones we knew. Not to mention the bomb clone troopers somehow disappeared after the last episode.

3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Thank you, sir! Your comments might very well be the only ones I've enjoyed reading at all for this episode.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Weren't they in the beginning? I'm pretty sure it was a bomb squad trooper that pointed out the missing virus test tube.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Well if we have an episode of SW-animation i can watch without feeling all the time like [face_sick] or I-) (I didn't- there were moments i liked even- like Vindi saying he was not asked to made cure for the virus and those droids "Welcome to Iego!") it is automatically at least 4- this episode is not total crap like Ghosts of Mortis- it had some good ideas and considering how much work people did even for this episode- giving something like 1 is extremely disrespectful towards animators (i gave 2 for Ghosts because of that- not because of Ahsoka's goggles really) and staff who are not guilty for this bad writing and did a good job actually- it's not bad looking episode and design of diathim is the problem not animation.......

anyway hardly any TCW episode really is so bad i would give them less than 4 (corruption receives 4 too) one point comes from this being Star Wars- even eu-material earns that much respect from me always- if one starts to give 1s or 0s to all TCW-episodes i would gladly see what kind of SW that person is capable of doing himself/herself

besides when i start to give scores i start with 10 not with 0- because having new episode of star wars animation almost weekly during the season is worth of 10 for fanboy like me:p - so all cons start to take points away while pros try to keep the full score- if there is cons so much like in this it closes 1 rapidly but still i think this is worth of 4- idea of Anakin and Obi-Wan finding cure for virus that is released and infected their friends is actually a good episode -idea but how it is done has many cons there.....

6. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    We never saw their deaths/escape though.

Didn't they lock down the facility right after? They had rifles so they should of been included with everyone else that offered resistance to the droids escaping.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Anakin/Padmé -thing was foolish yes, but then again it is not their love that is the secret- it is their marriage, Anakin says very clearly in AOTC that he has feelings for Padmé- Obi-Wan knows that well, but he doesn't now the official marriage of theirs- if he is not blind or stupid he should know that Padmé feels same for Ani, but he mistakenly believes they keep their feelings controlled and their relationship purely professional- like he does with certain duchess[face_whistling] :p .....

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    In 'Blue Shadow Virus' at the end of the episode in the scene where Jar-Jar faints and everyone looks back like WTF there are two bomb squad clones in that scene down from four. Maybe those other two left the building with Anakin and Obiwan? The same two bomb squad clones from the end of the previous episode appear at the beginning of 'Mystery of 1,000 Moons' in the same plant room. I think what happened to them is the animation team accidentally put regular clones in the plant room after the bomb went off and these are the same two idiots who just walk out with Padme like everything is dandy and seemingly disappear. No clones went into the safe room with Padme when she joined Ahsoka and Rex.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    haha watch Counter-Attack so you'll notice animators don't really care about continuity with clones[face_laugh] in that episode those guys disappear and reappear and change clothes all the time during the mission :p

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Other than that 'Mystery of 1000 Moons' did an okay job keeping track of clones. There were consistently 4 of them including Rex. Until the droidekas shot and killed one. Then it seems he either came back to life or they found one of the missing clones only for him to get killed by the virus -- "With all do respect Senator, its what these men were born for."

11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    8/10

I still enjoyed the episode by itself, but why they didn't do a cliffhanger like "The Citadel" is beyond me. The things I didn't like were the pacing of the episode and the inability of the episode to create the tense atmosphere that "Citadel Rescue" managed to create. Other than that, it was okay.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    exactly- restarting the story ruined this episode- damn it clones after you deactivate the bombs be sure that no one touches them after that!
    Cliffhanger would've also saved time no need to start the story all over... and Vindi should've escaped in previous episode when Anakin would've went to save Padmé instead but would have failed and Padmé would be infected- that would have made Anakin's attachment problem to look clear also - he would screw up because he would panic because of Padmé and if Vindi would've escaped he could've returned..... yesyesyesyesyesyees:p ..... and this 'seppies being always captured'-thing really started to irritate me.... first Nute then Durd, now Vindi... next Tambor and then Poggle.....

13. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I completely agree with you. There is an absolute desperate need for a prison break episode. If they want to keep a couple of the people in for the future, fine, but release some of them. Tambor and Lok Durd need to come back!

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    And Poggle.... and of course beloved Nuvo Vindi:cool: they should've never captured council-members since they already captured San Hill in old CW and he has not been released since then.... even though he is free in ROTS:rolleyes:
    .... i fear that season4 starts with capture of Tikkes on Dac but i may be wrong- it is ok if we will have a great prison break at some point- then they can release all prisoners and those who would be captured after that need not to be released- but Poggle, Tambor and Hill are free in ROTS

Not agreeing in this though...... if prison starts to be a place where anyone can come and go (as it already is- as proven in Assassin:oops: ) it starts to feel really foolish so i really don't want to see Durd or Tambor or Vindi suddenly free with a mere episodeguide-mention "he somehow escaped":oops: :oops: :oops: :_|

If seppies go in and out all the time from "high security prison of Coruscant" they could add little lights to every separatist war criminal(like there is in the senate i guess)- when they are in- word IN would be lit up when they are out then word OUT would be glowing[face_laugh] then lit up sentence "Currently escaping" would tell guards have a job to do[face_laugh] ....

Anakin: We need to see Ziro the Hutt
    Prison Guard: Let's see.... Ziro the Hutt... currently OUT.....oops looks like he somehow escaped
    Anakin: Could someone actually guard this place?!
    Prison Guard: Not a bad idea master jedi..... i need to suggest that to the Senate......

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    @ Swash:

No, that's not what I meant. What I meant was that if they wanted some of the characters to remain in prison for the future, that's fine, but have an episode in which at least some of them are broken out.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have my reservations on doing some kind of prison riot and breaking every baddie thats been captured out of prison. I'd rather see only a few key ones break out. People like to complain about how repetitive and formulamatic TCW is. How well would it fly if we had a bunch of episodes about rounding these people up again?

"Today on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, _________ and _________ have tracked __________ to planet __________. Now _________ and _________ troops must capture _______ so the Galaxy's citizens can rest safely!"

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Their scripts are blatantly derived from like 4 or 5 templates like this.[face_laugh]

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    well someone like Rogwa Wodrata could rot in the prison until imperial times:p

19. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Oh no, you've cracked the plot formula for the series! You better run before LFL's spies track you down. :p

20. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Kind of reminds me of a star wars Madlib[face_thinking].

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    SW MADLIBS:

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    We need a 'like' feature for some of these comments.[face_laugh] Hopefully when we move in 2020.

23. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    I've got an idea we should start a thread that's dedicated to doing star wars MADLIBS what do you think??

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Wouldn't it fit better in Stuff-We'll-Never-See?

25. JM_1977

May 23, 2011
    Let's leave Koonfan to that then:p.