main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 2.04: "Relics Of The Old Republic" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 21, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Oct 28, 2015.
  1. 10

29.9%
  2. 9

26.9%
  3. 8

28.4%
  4. 7

4.5%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "Relics Of The Old Republic yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close next week.

TX-20 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    It says "The Lost Commanders" under the picture, might want to fix that.

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks. I was busy cooking dinner when I posted that and didn't notice.

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I gave this a 9/10. This hit all the right notes for me and got me excited. Plus we got to see the new male Inquisitor.... and he blinks horizontally. [face_worried]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    10/10 the only negative being Wolffe's Howl

Best quote ever

"They serve the Empire well. And I have a great many of them."

"You're going to need all of them."

6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    10/10. Great episode, with an awesome battle capped off by a wonderful reunion between Rex and Ahsoka.

The AT-AT animation and movement was impressive.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm going to go 9/10 this week, there was a lot to like about this episode.

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10 from me. This season just keeps getting better and better.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    8/10 from me. I did enjoy it more than the last episode, but still not perfect. I loved seeing the AT-ATs; although they didn't nearly seem as intimidating as they did in ESB, or even in the Battlefront video games. Maybe it was just me, but I thought it was a little overboard that the Empire brought down three walkers to take on that slow-moving, compromised AT-TE that the clones were driving.

Nonetheless, I could watch that Ahsoka/Rex reunion again and again and still smile about it. Kodak moment for sure.

10. Delta-7

Delta-7 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 24, 2002
    At NYCC the part with the Rebels Team jumping on the AT-AT with the lightsabers out got the biggest cheer of the night from the crowd.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  11. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    9/10, the scene with Rex and Ahsoka being out of scale.

12. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    AT/ATs are great every frickin time!

Anyway, I thought the Inquisitor was going to be a woman? That was different. Does this mean that there is someone else in the works that we don't know about? The hug that Ahsoka gave Rex was interesting. I wonder how long she had been out of touch with him? Ever since she left the Order? There is so much we don't know about her.

It's good to see Ezra trusting himself more. First season Ezra wouldn't have taken that shot.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Please define "out of scale". I'm assuming/hoping that means it was extra special.

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Vader'sGoodHand...

There are 2 new Inquisitors...the guy we saw this episode and a girl to be introduced next week.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  15. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

You assume correctly. :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

And that people kept on thinking was Barris.:p

17. LittleDemon

LittleDemon Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    Is it me or was there way more background music in this episode?
    And the inquisitor seemed pretty cool.

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  18. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    6/10 The set pieces were cool, but the plot armor (even the villians have a ton of It) gets annoying.

Vorax likes this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Konstantine could've at the very least radioed in to Kallus, instead he just makes a face and heads off. What would it have taken to to make a call, doesn't make sense and its hard to ignore. Konstantine just leaves his men stranded there and without provisions, and those AT-AT's looked empty, there was no infantry support. That kinda Imperial Shuttle also has a hyperdrive atleast in the EU, but why did that particular Star Destroyer need to go do a pick up, you'd also think more than one Star Destroyer would've been present or at the very least a couple of Gonzati-class cruisers(presumably these vessels towed and dropped off the AT-AT but they show us how they got there). Or whatever Star Destroyer the Inquisitor took off from originally would've just carried him the entire way, still doesnt male any sense no matter which way you look at it. Its just convient to let the Rebels get away, so is this purpose or some insane villain plot ?! I don't really recall TCW being as obvious, careless and sloppy with plot armor - they used tons of troops, vehicles, and ships on both sides and lots of really great constant action were even when they talked it was not boring, the pace was better. It is really budget alone or indecisiveness among those who control and pull the strings on the production.

Hyrum_Solo and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  20. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Might be the wrong thread, but didn't Konstatine say they couldn't contact Kallus because of the sandstorm?

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    More than one way to make contact with your troops, he did not even bother to send any support vessels bellow, he just stranded them there.

I give the episode 3 out've 5 stars. The end was probably the best part, looks like most of their effort and budget went into animating the big dinosaur/mech battle between the AT's, but its hard believing the Mass Drive canon(which has many different rounds) could not penetrate the armor of the AT-AT - and especially at close range, they needed pin point neck shots and the AT-AT's main canons could not penetrate the armor of the AT-TE - even the glass canopy somehow remained intact.

CIS Droid likes this.
  22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Which is dumb because we've seen communication occur during lightspeed jumps.

Vorax likes this.
  23. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    I'm actually more amazed Hera was able to hide in the Ghost like 20 ft from the Star Destroyer.

But Konstatine seems rather boot licking lackey, tbh. He wouldn't send down a ship when Kallus made it clear he wanted a tank fight. And then Vader calls and ooohhh, someone even higher up to lick the toes of.

24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Following orders with failure being punishable by death makes someone a boot licking lackey? Also Konstantine was right. If Vader and Kallus and shark dude weren't being ****ing dumb they could have bombarded space aladdin and the santa clones. I fear they will turn Vader into some bond villian.

25. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Can Kallus just murder people, especially officers? Sure Vader and Tarkin, but Kallus? ( I mean, I am sure he would want to, but...)

Anyway, Konstatine had the better idea of they didn't want prisoners, a ground assault was needed to capture the rebels.