main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 2.04: "Relics Of The Old Republic" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 21, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Oct 28, 2015.
  1. 10

29.9%
  2. 9

26.9%
  3. 8

28.4%
  4. 7

4.5%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    For my first episode rating thread i give it an 8/10. I think the AT-AT`s were portrayed well, and Hera shutting down the ghosts and choppers power reminded me off Rising Malevolence from the clone wars. I still like how the clones are portrayed and the ending reuinion scene was really nice. Now for what i thought wasnt that great: The AT-AT pilot that didnt have a speeder, the AT-TE´s glass not breaking when it got shot, what happend to the other Tie´s and the ending. I loved the reunion but not that the walking towards the camera part. Felt awkward. Other than that it was a good episode IMO.

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I was thinking about this last night too, but we know that star destroyers are huge so I settled that the distance between the two ships was a bit of an optical illusion. Meaning it looked closer than it really was.

3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    A lot of very convenient things had to happen for the plot to work. Those loopholes made the Empire look especially inept this week and took me out of the story. The TIE Fighter and AT-ATs against the AT-TE in a vast flat open desert were unbelievable. Felt like a kid's cartoon show. Still everything looks fantastic and was well acted and staged.

Rex and Ahsoka's reunion at the end was perfect. Maybe my favorite moment so far in Rebels. That alone made this a very good episode and was handled perfectly. Most impressive.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They could've just wanted 2-3 minutes for the sandstorm to vanish, there was no need to follow them into the storm like it was Mad Max with Kallus playing Immorten Joe. They wanted him to have an awkward Darth Vader into the asteroid field moment I suppose buts dumber than what Vader did and Vader was a Sith Kallus was not, he's a military guy with the limitations of non-Force user. I don't know how their scanners do not work in sandstorms either, with all the tech they have and what seen, they could've even used probe droids(who can work in blizzards and extreme cold) or again waited it out as they would've been blind too and its a desert world and they were in a huge tank. Even lack of blowing up the Those Ghost just made no sense, Hera goes to all the trouble of depowering everything but she does not even bother to hide in a freezer or something. So how did she escape detection, she's a lifeform. C-3P0 and R2 escaped detection in the escape pod in ANH because they were lifeless, they did not detect lifeforms nor were scanning for droids. Here its Hera needing to depower everything like she knows their scanning for energy and its a big ship, its not like Star Destroyers are blind or she was camped out on a moon or something out've visible range the SD was right near here and the Tie's passed her by without a care in the galaxy.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

6. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Sure, but the TIEs fly right by her too.

Oh, well if I nitpick every plot contrivance in Star Wars...

jabberwalkie likes this.
  7. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I know, I know. I said the same thing. "One of those TIE's should have at least spotted the Ghost and checked out this large piece of debris."

CIS Droid and moonjump05 like this.
  8. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    So what happened to Rex's helmet? It falls off during the walker assault and we don't see it again. He better still have it.

9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Screw the helmet, what happened to the Joopa? Joopa, what's for dinner...... for the next year. :p

10. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

Wolffe and Gregor took their brand new AT-AT and went back and got it. Yum!

Gregor's face when he had to leave it =((

jabberwalkie likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Gregor and Wolffe got the best him upgrade ever.:p

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Why doesn't the Empire just regroup and return? It would make no sense to leave Gregor and Wolffe alone with a rogue AT-AT. The Empire has limitless resources why should they be on the run?!

13. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    I imagine Kallus is smarting from his defeat and wouldn't want to draw attention to it.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Remember folks this is the review thread. Keep most discussion to the other thread. Please and thank you. :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    I noticed Sabine's hair change this episode...is this something new this season?

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oy! Read the preceding post! :p

Anyway, another 8/10 from me. I was on board for a "Rex's last stand" situation, but I'm glad he and the others all made it out. The whole Mad Max: Fury Road part was pretty awesome, both story-wise and visually. Also some really good music this episode, mixing some TESB themes into newer compositions.

CIS Droid and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Big Bongo was left to the sand.

18. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    8/10

Quite a fun episode. Seeing the AT-ATs was awesome, but three of them was overkill. They didn’t look that much threatening unfortunately. But I liked the idea of the AT-ATs chasing at slug’s pace an AT-TE that was also moving at slug’s pace. It almost felt like a turtle fight.
    I loved the moment when Ahsoka hugged Rex. It’s good to know that Gandalf!Ahsoka still has a bit of her old personality somewhere in there.
    Another favorite moment was when Kanan and Ezra came back to save the day and Rex was all nostalgic “Just like in the old days!” He clearly misses the days when he was a soldier serving Anakin and Ashoka, and now Kanan and Ezra remind him of them.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Isnt Kallus and any surviving Imperials still on the planet? The cartoon cuts to just Rex onboard cause he's the one Ahsoka sent Kanan and Ezra to go get, but the dialogue and last scenes on the planet seems to make it out like all 3 three Clones left the planet. They may of only shown Rex cause he's the defacto leader and he seems the only one not having any visible or verbal signs of mental damage or dysfunction. But it is confusing.

This show does a lot of corny things and things that make no sense. If leaving Gregor and Wolffe on the planet they're not getting very far no matter which walker they use as they only go 25-35 mph and its a desert world - and there is no way the Empire is gonna let go of the damage those Clones caused. But I can see the writers just having the Empire forgetting it all,lol. Hope not though as thats really dumb.

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I need some brain bleach after watching this. 1/10

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    8/10

+Are we going to see some of those abandoned Mandalorian bases that have been assumedly abandoned?
    +“I hope you brought a better class of soldiers than those stormtroopers.”
    “I have a great many of them.”
    “You’re going to need all of them.”
    +“We’re sitting mynocks on this thing.”
    +“Prepare for ground assault.”
    +“A general I fought with was amongst the greatest of the Jedi.”
    +The sandstorm animation with the glowing headlights of the AT-ATs was gorgeous
    +“I always trust my general.”
    +“I hate it when he’s right.”
    +“Just like the old days.”
    +The Return of the Jedi callback with the Imperial shutter
    +“I’m glad you’re still alive.”
    -Are the TIE fighters as incompetent as the stormtroopers? That was several easy shots missed. I mean, for heaven’s sake.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Good episode, and i'm looking forward to what's coming next.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  24. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Removed.

A Lovable Jerk likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Wait until they make Big Bongo's Revenge next season. Eleven hundred Stormtroopers went in the desert , three hundred and sixteen men come out, the Joopa's took the rest. Aye, Chief.
    [face_cowboy]