main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 2.04: "Relics Of The Old Republic" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 21, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Oct 28, 2015.
  1. 10

29.9%
  2. 9

26.9%
  3. 8

28.4%
  4. 7

4.5%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

1.5%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Always with the negative waves, Moriarty.

2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    So are we not getting an on screen explanation of what happened to Wolffe and Gregor just because they cut that scene?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seems like it.

4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I would say send some tweets to StarWars with #RebelsRecon and ask what happened to Wolffe and Gregor.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    5/10

Another boring episode.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    I really don't understand how you feel AT-AT vs AT-TE is boring. What is your idea of interesting then?

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Why does him having a different opinion than you bother you so much ?
    If he finds something boring he finds something boring it's his opinion deal with it.

8. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    In the same way that Transformers is boring.

9. TK-421 Is vader

Jan 5, 2015
    Im just curious. Why does me wanting to know why he has a different opinion than me bother you so much? If I wan't to know why he finds something boring, I want to know why he finds somwthing boring its my question deal with it.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Because it seemed more about criticising somone for having a different opinion than wanting to know why. Which happens a lot round here but If Iv got the wrong end of the stick then I apologise.

11. TK-421 Is vader

Jan 5, 2015
    Apology accepted captain Fett4. But yeah I can see where you're coming from.

fett 4 likes this.
  12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah, obviously people have different opinions, but it's more interesting to hear why rather than just "teh sux." Sure, we likely won't agree in the end since a lot of our opinions are completely subjective, but at least it could start a conversation.

I've seen on this episode, a lot of opinions are based on reasons that are tied to how we want the saga to play out rather then a straight forward thumbs up or down for the episode. Or regardless of internal logic, if we think something is cool then we may just love it, i.e. I like Rex's character, I enjoy watching him and the Clones again, and this ep tied in to the Clone Wars which I also love. Some people hate individualistic Clones that are anti-Empire, or they hate weird creature stuff, so they are just going to dislike the episode. But I value the interesting ideas about the show that can come up while we're going back and forth, so discussion is good.

13. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Play nicely.

[​IMG]

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  14. Shapcah

Shapcah Jedi Knight

Oct 27, 2015
    Absolutely love when i get to see what happened to the chraracters from a previus series/movie :)

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    A very good episode just like the season premiere which preceded it and a solid continuation from that one. being a more action heavy episode is succeeded well with the confrontation between Kallus and his forces in their three AT-AT walkers (which are apparently all new inventions here since neither the three clones or the Ghost crew are familiar with them from before) and the other stuff worked very nicely too (including that ending which I will get to). I really liked the whole sanstorm showdown which was the main even, with the good guys' customized AT-TE and the Imperials in their AT-AT trio essentially going in blind with no good visibility into the storm, all while trying to locate and defeat the other party in a deadly cat and mouse game (it was very much like the Mutara Nebula battle in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, albeit a ground version in a storm rather than a space battle in a nebula, so I don't doubt it's a reference which I liked).

Anyway, they manage to defeat the Imperials after the battle (which sees a great scene of the AT-TE facing a AT-AT in an close combat frontal assault) and it all wraps up interestingly and nicely with one of the new Inquisitors, the Fifth Brother, arriving to start dealing with the Rebels while Rex going with the Ghost crew and gets to reunite with Ahsoka after so many years; the two of them embracing in an emotional hug was a good final scene to this two-parter and a nice further bridging of TCW and Rebels. Some things that were less good was the TIE-Fighter attack (the pilot missing the targers standing on the walker in plain view was pretty ridiculous, but Gregor easily dispatching it was cool and shows that clones are better and that Rex' comment on the stormtroopers is even more legitimate) and that we didn't get to see what happened to Wolffe and Gregor after the climax (did they stay on Seelos or did they go with the Ghost crew and are in the Ghost in the final scene?).

Overall, I found it to be a very fine and fun episode with very good action and some nice character moments (including that final scene); it's no doubt one of the better regular episodes of the show (which is finally starting to find it's identity as a sequel to TCW) so far.

8/10

TX-20 and Iron_lord like this.
  17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    10/10

+ Agent Kallus
    + AT-AT vs. AT-TE
    + The Fifth Brother
    + Kanan & Ezra using the Force
    + Hera throwing shade at Chopper
    + Rex talking about a certain great Jedi
    + "You got old"

Another great episode from a show that continues to impress. While I didn't have a problem with the Lothal-locked first season, I do appreciate seeing the crew in new settings.