main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.07: "Wings Of The Master" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 11, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Nov 18, 2015.
  1. 10

24.6%
  2. 9

30.4%
  3. 8

15.9%
  4. 7

11.6%
  5. 6

7.2%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

4.3%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.4%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Have you watched "Wings Of The Master" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close next week.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    TheSilentInfluence You put this under the rebels tag instead of the Rebels episode tag. I don't care, but just pointing it out.

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Fixed. Thanks for letting me know.

4. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Hey, you stole my weekly error fix! :(

Lol, just kidding.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought you were going to point out the hypocrisy of me pointing out a error as last week I called you a gramma Nazi. :p

6. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that! XD

7. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    10/10
    I love how the B-wing can actually hold 2 people!
    There were tons of epic moments in this episode.
    Yeah Hera has been promoted to leader of the Rebel fleet! I can't wait to see what this means for the coming episodes.
    This episode was just so much fun, and it honestly felt like Star Wars should.
    And wow Hera looks weird without her goggles.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What a great episode!
    10/10

+ Mon calamari is insane!

+ Hera is officially a captain!

+ There were some great lines in this episode like " It should fly...theoretically"

+The B wing is amazing, and that fire power.

One nit pick though, and that is the phantom should have fell off the edge of the landing field due to forward momentum but it's star wars.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  9. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    Meh....this was very reminiscent of the episode with Admiral Trench from TCW. The one when Anakin flies the invisible ship past the blockade. That was cool that we got to see how the B-Wing was started, at first I thought it was the X-Wing but there wasn't much to like after that. It got predictable. One thing we did finally get to see was some Rebel losses and in a big way with losing the transport ship and supplies.
    6/10 for me

Side note: From the scenes from the next episode....I really hope Sabine's friend isn't Lux.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  10. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    You do realize, Lux is a guy right? And not a Mando.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    10/10

Yeah, this episode delivered. Great characterisation for Hera, some good ship to ship combat, and some awesome visuals on Quarrie's planet, as well as some top notch music to accompany Hera on the B-Wing's maiden flight.

That poor, poor Arquitens cruiser. It's ability to form a blockade was insignificant next to the power of Hera. :hera:

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  12. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    9/10

This episode was going to be an 8/10 for me, but I liked a couple of things in particular. I liked that Hera finally got to showcase her flying prowess some. I liked how simple and fun this was. Hera is now in commander of her own squadron, Phoenix Squadron. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Each time Phoenix Squadron has shown up, I think the leader of it has been blasted out of the stars.

A Chuck Yeager quote that popped into my mind at the end of the episode: "You don't concentrate on the risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done."

Valairy Scot likes this.
  13. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    8/10

It felt more like the movies and TCW than the past 4 somewhat lack-luster episodes. I actually felt like I was watching something star wars this week. :p

I loved Hera's character development, and hope to see her go solo or interact with other pilots away from the ghost crew for a while. One issue I will bring up is that Kallus is painted as cackling evil villain that just wants people to starve because... "shucks i'm evil dudez." It would be nice to get more dimensions to his character.

One other thing i'm hoping for, is that super-ray-beam to NOT be the b-wing's ion cannon, because my OCD would go insane b/y wing ion cannons have always been depicted as blue orb shaped projectiles, not something akin to the laser on a spider droid or republic gunship.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Being the fan of the EU that we know that Filoni is, I'm sure there are probably going to be variants of the Blade Wing. I'm sure the single seat, non Death Star like weapon will be made. I just hope that we will eventually get to see it.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya, but the Death star B wing is still best.

16. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    9/10. Really fun episode that showed the origin of the B-wing. Great designs and it reminded me of The Clone Wars as well. Fantastic opening battle. Nice to see Hera take front and center and Fat Mon Calamari amused me.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

We don't know who the person is at this point, they could just be wearing Mandalore armor. You know that Mandalorians can be human, right?

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    But this Mandalorian is a woman. So Lux is pretty much ruled out. You can actually see her in an earlier trailer that was released.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And has a name and is not white.

20. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    TheSilentInfluence

Was it? My recordings switched over so I didn't get to finish. I just assumed. I retract my statement.

21. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    And I also never said anything about species, just gender :/

22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    10/10 - Great episode and glad to have one that focuses on Hera.

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10. Amazing episode. I couldn't stop smiling to be honest.

DarthTalonx and A Lovable Jerk like this.
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    9/10. Kinda expected to give this one a higher score as it was focusing on my favorite character of the new show. Even though she only briefly touched up on her background, I'm hoping this can serve as a catalyst on future episodes revealing more and more about Hera's past.

25. JJLong

JJLong Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2013
    Great episode. Highlight for me was Hera test flying the B-Wing.