main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.07: "Wings Of The Master" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 11, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Nov 18, 2015.
  1. 10

24.6%
  2. 9

30.4%
  3. 8

15.9%
  4. 7

11.6%
  5. 6

7.2%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

4.3%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.4%
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
  2. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    9/10. It was really good, but i was hoping it would focus more on Hera and the blockade felt a little too similar to both "cat and mouse" and "storm over Ryloth" from TCW.
    It was good nonetheless.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If their was anything this episode could have needed was more back story on Hera.

Vader'sGoodHand and CIS Droid like this.
  4. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    That wasn't an Ion cannon. That thing was some kind of Super Laser since it punched through the cruiser's shields and tore a line right across it's hull. An Ion cannon would've disabled the Cruisers systems but left it intact (As seen in ESB when the rebels fired one at a Star Destroyer). Also THAT weapon is likely getting yanked out in favor of beefing up the blasters and adding more proton torpedo. I mean that kind of Firepower on a fighter is impressive...but absolutely useless to the Rebels since it kills the ships Hyperdrive, which is VITAL to the Rebels.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also no one pointed this out.

The phantom now has a hyperdrive!

6. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    It wasn't before and it was nowhere near being, but now the B-Wing has become my favorite SW ship.

CIS Droid likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I gave it a 9/10. Interesting Episode

CIS Droid likes this.
  8. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Im had a similar reaction. While i like the design its not my favorite and i barely remember it in RotJ. Now i like the ship more.

9. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Ah that makes sense. Thanks!

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They most likely get rid of the super laser later in different models.

CIS Droid likes this.
  11. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Yeah. After using it once the hyperdrive stops working. It feels like its gonna explode after a while.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I've given this one a 6. As I said in the main episode thread, I didn't really like the writing for a) Rex conveniently Quarrie and the MacGuffin-Wing, b) the suicidal space battles devoid of tactics x2 and c) blaming Hera for said lack of tactics by making her completely gung-ho. Action and character humour kept me entertained enough to keep watching but this is turning into a theme for Season 2 now.

Darth Chuck Norris and CIS Droid like this.
  13. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Giving this one an 8/10. The origins of the B-Wing were neat to see, and I hope we come to know how the Rebels get the X-Wings and Y-Wings too. I like the Empire being smart enough to lure out the Rebels by starving a planet's population. Also, it had a good amount of much-needed focus on Hera, who is probably my favorite character on this show.

I think this episode was noticeably hurt by the 22 min. run-time, but all in all it was a strong outing.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I actually gave it a 5, my bad lol

15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    I hated b-wings in rogue squadron, they were clunky as hell to use. :p

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni more or less confirmed that won't happen because this rebel group only uses A and B wings.

17. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    On that note, I just had a thought occur to me. I'm thinking that we likely won't see X-Wings or Y-Wings in a squadron in Rebels. At lest not any time soon. If the rebel factions, groups do use different fighters then it is entirely possible that the fighters we know from the OT may not show up until much later or maybe just in Rogue One.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Although we know what the ships were based off.
    [​IMG]

ARC-170=X-wing

And this is literally called a B-Wing spoiler tagged because large image
    [​IMG]

19. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    I gave it a nine for the beautiful flight scene alone. Well, that and the part where Hera's headtails were dangling upside down in the Phantom when it was tumbling through the atmosphere. For some reason I thought that was just too cute. Zeb had some funny lines, but I hope they rein him in a wee bit and keep him from being too slapstick-y. I'm hoping for a serious episode revolving around him and it just won't work if he's the constant comedy man.

Something about that food drop at the end made me sad, like I could imagine the Empire being all 'we'll show you' and kill a bunch of those people just to make an example.

20. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    9 because there's always room for improvement :p

21. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    10/10, definitely one of my favorite Rebels episode. Loved seeing the B-Wing again and the Empire actually put up a decent fight this time.

22. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Yeah that's a good point.

23. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Admittedly I'd like them to at least show Z-95 Headhunter's at some point but otherwise regarding the episode....

MORE PLEASE!

Haven't seen the full episode only the clips off you tube which makes this look incredible so can't help wondering what watching the full episode will do!:cool:

Regarding Kallus:

I think he found out that world had served as a safe haven for Phoenix Squadron and this is the Empire getting payback for that perceived slight.

I actually think Kallus was being kind here because as we all know BDZ is a thing here and I suspect were this not Disneyfied we'd be hearing that world had been BDZed following this episode.[face_devil]

I take it I wasn't the only one to notice they did two TCW episodes exactly like this episode except both of those had Anakin and Ahsoka involved the first with Spiderbeard and Anakin's cloaked centipede or whatever that ship was and the second left Anakin in an escape pod after using his badly damaged Jedi Cruiser as a blocker against the Trade Federation Admiral so they could send relief supplies to a certain Senator Organa stuck on the world below...

Was that first world Ryloth?

Not sure about the second mind you, but was that B-Wing's main gun being powered by Hera's charisma because boy it looked almost powerful enough to match a miniature Death Star laser the way it blew up that warship!:D

CIS Droid likes this.
  24. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Yes, the first world was Ryloth. If you go to the episode discussion thread i added Trench season 2 explosion death scene so you can look at it an notice simiarities behind that episode (cat and mouse) and this episode :).

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That was just the prototype so they most likely worked that issue out so both work just fine.
    I rate this episode as a 9.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk