main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.08: "Blood Sisters" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 18, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Nov 25, 2015.
  1. 10

5.5%
  2. 9

14.5%
  3. 8

16.4%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

16.4%
  6. 5

12.7%
  7. 4

7.3%
  8. 3

7.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Have you watched "Blood Sisters" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close next week.

2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    The episodes out now? :0

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Nope. Not until 9:30 pm tonight.

4. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Removed.

5. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Awesome episode! Did anyone else realize this is the first episode without some of the main 6 rebels in it? No Kanan and Zeb. And Dave Filoni voiced a Rodian and a Stormtrooper in this episode. Wow.

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I thought it was a pretty good Sabine episode. Learned a little bit more about her.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    My least favorite episode of season 2, but thats not saying much

Ezra just got way to Awkward for my liking.

That bridge crew was so stupid.

8/10

thatotherjedi and deathraygun like this.
  8. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    This is getting a an 8.5/10, rounded up to a 9. Ezra's babbling at the start of the episode was annoying. Good introduction for Ketsu, look forward to seeing her return.

9. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Definitely a 10 for me! My second favorite episode of the season (behind Siege).

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it a 7/10. Most likely would've been a higher grade if Ezra wasn't forced to tag along with Sabine, and she went in on her own. It was certainly a thrilling episode, though. Still wish one of these episodes would leave some sort of cliffhanger; lasting into a two or three episode arc.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like another 3 to 4. The Bounty Hunter could've been interesting had she not been another do-gooder at heart. They seem to like these random pop up bad-guys that are actually good guys that help save the day and vanish again The Imperials are as ineffective as ever looks like it will get worse next episode with the Interdictor getting blown up by disguised rebels.

12. deathraygun

deathraygun Jedi Knight star 3

May 8, 2014
    Weaksauce. Like the different locales, and the the new bounty hunter armor, but gee, there was no threat, no sense of vastness like there was in epi's like Relics. The Hera episode was much better, with a small amount of background story. Worst episode of Season 2.

La Calavera and thatotherjedi like this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10

Amazing episode. :) I hope we get to see Ketsy come back again in the future.

14. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I really liked this episode, 9 from me.

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I give this episode a 7.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    7/10

Though a lot of fun moments and some good action, it's somewhat lacking in depth, especially when it comes to introducing Ketsu. We get a little bit of development for her, as well as some new backstory for Sabine, but it just scratches the surface of what I'm sure is a much more complex relationship between the two. (and no Tumblr peeps I don't mean that kind of relationship. not everything's about sex :p )

I did like the use of the Gonk droid, as well as seeing R2 at the end. And lol, Chopper will never not be deviously hilarious.

17. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    This one was alright. Ketsu was really cool, Chopper was marvelous as always. Unfortunately, like some of the other episodes in this series, the pacing felt rushed. Things weren't as complex as they could have been. This show really needs a longer timeslot in order to tell the best stories it can.

6/10

Also, disappointed Havoc Base is just "Havoc Base". What planet is it on? It looks pretty cool, I want a name!

thatotherjedi likes this.
  18. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Way better than last week's episode, but still incredibly mediocre. 5/10

Ezra's babbling was annoying and uncomfortable to watch. And the whole sudden rekindling of Sabine and Ketsu's "friendship" because Sabine forgives Ketsu was just jarring with its abruptness and completely unnatural flow and how oversimplified and overt this moral is. And it's not even like Ketsu stuck around for another episode or two to shed any more light on Sabine's background other than mentioning her past as a bounty hunter.

Chopper does remain my favorite character among the Rebel crew, and he was perhaps the most positive aspect of this episode for me.

I feel like the wildly disjointed nature of episodes is this show's biggest weakness, and that it is very apparent to me in these past two episodes. Last episode was supposed to shed light on Hera, and all it did was give some very forced monologue about why she likes to fly and she speaks about it more like a character from Mr. Roger's Neighborhood than someone from the Star Wars films. While this episode that was supposed to shed light on Sabine was slightly more illuminating, but just barely, and while they did leave the door open for Ketsu to appear again, the introduction of this rivalry with Ketsu willing to pull the trigger (literally) on Sabine at first and then all of a sudden being her friend within 20 minutes of screen time was just way too jarring and unbelievable. It makes for a bland viewing experience IMO.

I can only hope that as time goes on, these stories will become more intertwined and season-spanning. Open each season premiere with a scroll and end each season finale with scenes of just music as each film ended, if that helps. Keep all episodes in each season flowing from one into another. That blockade that Hera had to run? Make that relevant some how. Ketsu Onyo working for Black Sun and Black Sun's interest in stealing Rebel info (and how they even knew about that courier droid), develop that into a longer more compelling story.

In A New Hope an attack on Leia's ship over Tatooine led to R2 and C-3PO going to Tatooine, which led to them bumping into Luke, which led to Obi-Wan involving Luke in his mission to Alderaan, which led to them discovering the Death Star, etc.

One action leads to another. But in Rebels, what happens in one episode often has zero (or minimal) impact on the following episodes. Beginning each episode with the fetch-quest of the week is really dragging this series down for me, as is oversimplifying what could be good stories into 22 minutes worth of programming, rather than allowing the proper time to develop a story.

19. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    7/10: I really wanted a bit more - had we not been introduced to a new character, the episode would have felt like a repeat.

20. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    3/10

The lack of a meaningful story, combined with complete injustice in how they tried to give some backstory to Sabine, killed this episode. Not to mention more insanely asinine plot armor. Every, and I mean EVERY member of the Ghost crew should be dead. More incompetence from the Imperials. I'm tired of Chopper. They've made him into a child, without actually making him a child. It's a droid, leave it as a droid. All that aside, the worst part, is there is NEVER any sense of danger. Never do you feel like anyone is in harm's way. Not to say they have to be killed off, but at least give me the impression it's a possibility. Episodes have gone downhill this season, and keep getting worse.

Hyrum_Solo and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Wow. This episode was quite the snoozefest.
    Bad dialogue, awkward character development from Ketsu, Sabine’s cringe-y speech, no chemistry between the voice actresses, shoehorned Ezra, ridiculously dumb Imperials, no tension, ugh. It didn't even feel Star Wars to me, it felt like a bad fanfiction.
    But it had really neat visuals, Alderaan and nice Chopper action, so I gave it 4/10.

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    6/10
    an okay episode.
    R2/Chopper/Gonk droid are awesome
    Soundtrack is good.
    The scene with Sabine/Ezra at the start of the episode is annoying and the "it's a long way to Alderaan" scene was just cringe-worthy, I'll summarize it with 2 stupid people doing stupid things.
    Bloody purple eyes, ugh.
    I still don't really know what to think about Ketsu, especially after how she so quickly flipped after being all "it's not personal, it's just business" all the time, I don't really bought it. At all.

23. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Damn, people really REALLY hate Ezra :0

24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    "Hate" is too strong of a word, but do I care about his character and his struggle now? Absolutely not.

25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    3/10

Found it quite boring; had a very "Disney" feel to it - i.e bad person sees the light and turns out to be quite nice. Ketsu seemed mysterious in the trailers, but turned out to rather unappealing and someone I hope we never see again. Little or no information was added to the lore of Sabine's background and Ezra was just too darn annoying in this episode.