main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.08: "Blood Sisters" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 18, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Nov 25, 2015.
  1. 10

5.5%
  2. 9

14.5%
  3. 8

16.4%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

16.4%
  6. 5

12.7%
  7. 4

7.3%
  8. 3

7.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

I hate some of Ezra's traits, like the annoying kid brother in this episode. However, some others are great, like his street smarts in Brothers of the Broken Horn. The only acceptable use of Ezra this episode was when Hera told him off at the end.

2. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Thoroughly disappointing.

5/10

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    4/10

- Ughhh... I thought I was bad at flirting, but Ezra makes me feel like Casanova, I nearly cringed my eyes out watching that intro.

- However... Sabine leaving Ezra for dead near the beginning was a bit cold and unnecessary.

- In Sabine's eyes: chopper's life>Ezra's life / Chopper's life > shuttle captain droid's life. (I actually felt sorry for that poor captain droid.)

- Ketsu turns good-guy at the drop of a hat.

- Ketsu feels bland, generic, and... cliche? What's so special about her... idk, purple eyes? *shrugs*

- The imperial officers all share the same character model, something I can accept in a PS2 game from 2005 maybe, but not an animated t.v. show in 2015.

- The imperial officers are bland and have no personality, hell I actually miss the goofiness of Aresko and Grint. Konstantine is the only interesting/competent officer on the show and he is rarely seen.

- The airlock breach scene was ridiculous.

- "TEH STORMTRUUPPERS SUCKXZ!!11!1!!11!!111" meme/trope breaking the fourth wall is beyond annoying.

+ I liked seeing R2 on (Alderaan?).

+ Ezra seems to slowly become more mature.

+ Sabine herself was pretty cool in this episode.

+ Different headpiece for Hera, updated character models are always interesting.

+ Gonk droid was cute.

4. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

I think it's Disney's fault that the officers all have the same character model, Disney have a reputation for screwing over their good shows finance wise. You'd rarely see that on Clone Wars, hell I'm beginning to think the Empire made more clones considering how many of them are voice by Steve Blum.

And kicking the collective asses of the Stormtroopers is not fourth wall breaking, fourthwall breaking is when the characters say or do something that acknowledges that they are in a show and are not real, or if they talk to the audience. And let's face it Stormtroopers on places like Lothol and Garel are probably poor schmucks who were rushed through their training so they could fill in the ranks quickly, the Empire has always favored quantity over quality when it came to troops.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Wasn't The Clone Wars given as much funding as it needed by George Lucas himself?

6. A Lovable Jerk

Jun 6, 2015

Yeah, and Disney is not as generous.

7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    The Rebels budget seems to be increasing though.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    That doesn't excuse Tarkin's personal shock troops sucking, it also doesn't excuse stormtroopers sucking every single encounter.

Also, it very much is breaking the fourth wall when the protags constantly make stormtrooper jokes like they are reading off of a Facebook meme, rather than fearing for their lives. It seems Disney is using the ROTJ/Endor 'beaten by ewoks' stormtroopers for the basis of their characterization in all new media, and it seems like they are doing it for "teh LOLZ" .

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  9. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm not gonna participate in this discussion, but I am going to say that Disney has NOTHING to do with what happens in the show. It's all Dave Filoni and pretty much the same people who worked on TCW.

10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    7/10 the whole thing was a bit rushed but it was nice to find out a bit more about Sabine.

11. A Lovable Jerk

Jun 6, 2015

But they don't have the same 'million bucks an episode' budget they had for TCW. To my knowledge anyway.

12. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Well then its Dave's fault then .

13. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    People like to blame Disney for everything.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  14. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    fixed.

15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
  16. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Lol Disney gets far, FAR more hate than support for anything they do relating to Star Wars.

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Disney had say and final creative control over Lucas' ST treatments/outlines, once they owned Star Wars/Lucasfilm. Lucas was basically forced out once he was aware how powerless he became as they moved in another direction than the one he wanted, so he had to leave the relationship there was no sense staying. Apparently Lucas appears to be blaming Disney and fans. Lucas was always an interesting guy, so whether Disney's new SW movies are any good remains to be seen, maybe they will be and for all we know his treatments were rather bad.

But Disney has control and control with Rebels, not sure why some are in denial.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/28/a...-rebels-emulates-the-trilogy-of-old.html?_r=1

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  18. Shapcah

Shapcah Jedi Knight

Oct 27, 2015
    I think it was an ok, episode. Its allways nice to see the other characters prehistory. :) But i would like to see the series take off soon... its like we are still in the "intro" of the season 2. More Jedi and way more "rebeling" and ofc. lets see Ahsoka kick some ass!

19. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    I enjoyed it. The stormtroopers were somewhat competent for once. Ketsu was nice, i liked the Gonk droid and how chopper disarmed Ketsu. Sabine was good. The only thing i "disliked" was the rushed friendship at the end. 8/10

20. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  21. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Yes, let's go back to talking about how fabulous Sabine is and how everyone must bow to her! All the while she is making a painting of us!

22. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Least favourite episode this season, 6/10. The story was rather weak. I've never been a fan of Sabine, she's the least interesting character in the crew. Loved the design of Ketu's helmet. Only other thing I liked were the space shots.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I liked learning more about Sabine and I liked the character of her sister. Rebels definitely has less variety than the Clone Wars and a smaller scope. Some of these episodes are starting to get a bit repetitive. This one felt a lot like the episode with Hondo from a few weeks ago just with the order of events mixed around.

The sets - especially ship interiors - are getting repetitive.

The imperials are a complete non-threat at this point. I didn't mind the lesser imperials all looking about the same - seems like a convention from old stop motion animation. But the utter incompetence of them and the Stormtroopers is not fun.

None of these are deal breakers. The characters and writing are still top notch and the animation looks great.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
  25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    A fine episode, but not as good as it could have been. I liked that we got some more background info on Sabine, Ketsu Onyo is a cool character and I enjoyed the stuff with the Gonk droid courier, Chopper disconnecting the guns on Ketsu’s ship while Sabine distracts her and the Ketsu vs. the stormtroopers bit. However, other than that, I didn't feel like the episode worked that well; it was kinda rushed and wasn't as engaging as the previous one. The way that Ketsu, a hardened warrior working for the Black Sun, turns good and into an ally to Sabine just after hearing the latter's little speech was probably my main issue as it didn't work, came off as unconvincing and kinda made me like her less as a character; they could (and should) have handled that turn much better.

Ezra, whom I usually have no problem with, was actually a bit annoying with his constant awkwardness, talking and questioning (he didn't really need to have such an big role as he didn't really add anything); I also can't help but feel he really got the bum deal here, getting treated as he was barely there by Sabine and even needlessly getting put down with a snide remark by Hera at the end. As for Sabine, how she acted a few times made her feel like a jerk (which I didn’t like): she treated Ezra rather coldly and essentially left him for dead at one point and later blew up the poor pilot droid along with his ship without batting an eye (and to think she apparently cares more about Chopper's well being than Ezra's is rather mindboggling).

It feels like they crammed a lot of stuff into this episode pertaining to the Sabine-Ketsu relationship; the few bits of backstory between them were rather brief and the connection between them felt a bit haphazard; I didn't like how they so suddenly became best friends again after all the hostility shown between them prior to that and we still don't know much more about Sabine than we did before (and her at times callous attitude was a little offputting) & Ezra wasn't written very well. Still, even with it's flaws, it was nice enough and ended on a nice enough note. Not a bad episode but my least favorite of the season thus far; had this been a two-parter and actually given enough time and development to the story, complete with establishing Sabine and Ketsu's previous friendship and rift between one another much better, it could have been really good.

6/10