main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.09: "Stealth Strike" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 25, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 2, 2015.
  1. 10

33.3%
  2. 9

34.9%
  3. 8

12.7%
  4. 7

12.7%
  5. 6

1.6%
  6. 5

1.6%
  7. 4

1.6%
  8. 3

1.6%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Episode suffered from much if not the criticisms of the past episodes and much the same problems and gags were re-used , including last season . So was a 3 to 4 range. I would've gave it a 5 had the Interdictor not been used in such a shameful throwaway and forgettable manner . If the writers put in the talent and effort in , this ship(and storyline) could've been used as an actual memorable threat much like the Malevolence was on TCW. The Imp admiral was another generic Imperial dolt making all the hallmark mistakes and blunders of character and actions and was yet another tool. Sato is not fairing much better. Ezra and Chop and Kanan's routines & antics are played out, they do the same things and succeed the same way all the time to where to can predict the endings even if its a three parter.

Rex is able to somehow shrink to fit into that armor, they even play up the bad writing by making a joke of it to pass it off hoping the audience laughs it off like they do.

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    9/10. Quite memorable. Fast paced action & humour, a lot of it had ANH nostalgia all over it. Seeing Rex and Kanan working together is an interesting dynamic, considering the history. Loved seeing a new Imperial ship, pity it was destroyed so easily though. That would be my only complaint.

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    9/10 pretty good.

I loved seeing the grumbling between Rex and the imperial officer in the elevator, I also am becoming fond of Sato. Ezra is also way more likable than before.

4. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I wish I could give this one two scores. 10/10 for the visuals, the action, a beautiful new interdictor cruiser, and Captain Rex. 0/10 for the same old sabotage plot, incompetent Imperials, and no causalities for the Rebels. Also would have been nice to maybe mention that the Immoblilizer 418 class existed in the new canon already.

5. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    8/10

*The banter between Rex and Kanan was good but got kinda old.
    *Nice to see Chopper had a slightly bigger part than most episodes.
    *Highlight of the episode Ezra accidentally stunning Rex and Kanan.
    *Why was Sato to learn Ezra had escaped when Ezra had told him minutes earlier that he has escape a lot?

6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    9/10. Extremely fun episode with some awesome Rex and Kanan interaction.

7. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Highlight for me was seeing Ezra legitimately kick ass.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    8/10
    + Kanan/Rex team-up was surprisingly entertaining.
    + Chopper was awesome as usual.
    + Rex throwing his helmet and hitting the stormtrooper. [face_laugh]
    + New villain and teasing a rivalry with Kallus maybe?
    + First apparition if the Interdictor on-screen.
    + Sato finally doing something beside standing there
    - Every characters reminding me how special Ezra is, I get it.
    - No casualties on the rebels side.
    - New ship destroyed by the end of the episode.
    - 70's hairstyle, ugh.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and La Calavera like this.
  9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Yeah I second this. Though I don't have a problem with 70's hairstyles.

10. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    9/10 for me. It was a good episode, i just wish the stormtroopers could have been portrayed better. Kanan stood still in the middle of a hallway with stormtroopers shooting at him and they couldnt hit them. Also, even though the had redshirt rebels with them nobody died.

Titus is a nice addition to the Empire, and it was nice to see the imperial gunners.

11. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    There is evidence to support Rex. Note that every time the CTs are crack shots, they aren't wearing stormtrooper helmets. It's been established off screen by Pablo, Dave, et al that the Empire buys cheap, easily mass produced equipment. The Republic's gear was far superior, if for no other reason that Palpatine needed the CTs to be the absolute best in order to carry out Order 66.

On their FB page, it was noted that the hairstyle was deliberate to reflect visual continuity with ANH.

Not that I would have even noticed. I thought the hair was fine.

12. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    To add to this, clone armor was made for clones. It makes sense that it would be better suited for the very homogeneous clones as opposed to mass produced stormtrooper armor that probably doesn't fit the more varied conscripts that make up the stormtrooper ranks.

Yeah, I'm loving the 70's hair, I hope we get some more rebels that sport it as well. It is good for continuity with the movies, but also why would the GFFA always be reflecting the fickle fashion trends of real life?

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Imperial officers are just doing their best to keep up with Coruscanti fashion trends. :cool:

14. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    9/10

Thought the episode was great. Rex is my second favorite Star Wars character so its always great to see him. Glad to see (as of right now) that he is as much a main character as the rest of the crew. Also is nice to see the Interdictor class Star Destroyer on screen.

Only thing I can complain about is I found myself rolling my eyes at all the Stormtrooper jokes.

Though Rex throwing the helmet was amazing
    [​IMG]

Side note though: Why was the Admiral wearing a black uniform? Navy officers don't wear black. Stormtrooper/ground Officers wear black.

15. Palp Fiction

Palp Fiction Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Good episode. Still think Ezra is way too advanced in his skills though. He's making Luke look like a chump.

CIS Droid and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Not really, Ezra for all his training and being a quick study, would still stand no chance against Vader, whereas Luke was slack on training, but still put fear in the emperor's heart and was seen as a real threat.

As for this episode, I give it a 9/10.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
  18. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    This was brilliant. Loved this episode. The humor from Rex, Ezra, Kanan and Sato (He's got this) was really really good. It demonstrated Ezra's abilities which are growing. It demonstrated a clone and Jedi working together, the Imperials actually doing a decent job at the start and not being steamrolled over. It showed Stormtroopers being a threat and actually some great fight sequences with lightsaber action too.

Loved Rex's involvement in this. Though I'm not sure about the tight uniform stuff, tbh, it would have been better had Rex simply been older and not too over regulation weight. Also, I don't think his identity should have been revealed to the Imperials, otherwise you get problems of this information reaching Vader.

Was cool to see them all fighting together, the command codes and the combat. I like Sato as well, loved the whole dynamic between them all.

Ezra taking out the troopers was cool. Just would have liked a little more of a threat from the troopers and during Rex's standoff maybe Gregor's music from TCW plays in the background..that would have been epic!

Will we see more disguising as Stormtroopers? Also it would be VERY cool to see any clones (newly bred) in the Stormtrooper Corps as well, at least in the 501st for instance. Also details on how Rex came to leave?

Great episode tho, one of the best.

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great episode. It doesn't have much of a story as it's pretty much a rescue mission (Kanan and Rex along with Chopper attempting to rescue Ezra, Sato and some Rebel soldiers from the Empire's new Interdictor cruiser with the ability to drag ships out of hyperspace), but it's action packed, rather fast paced (and in a good way to boot) and a lot of fun for such a "simple" episode so it all definitely came together well and worked just as well from start to end (and it reminded me of such TCW episodes as Grievous Intrigue).

I enjoyed seeing Kanan and Rex (dressed up as stormtroopers) being forced to work as a team & also getting closer as friends and teammates while doing so, the references and callbacks to The Clone Wars & the new Imperial villain admiral Titus was a good and interesting character; I'm glad we're getting more named Imperial officers other than Konstantine and not just the faceless ones. Also, Ezra had a few nice action moments and I liked how Chopper saved the day by sabotaging the Interdictor and turning into kind of a big magnet (and the funniest scene was definitely Ezra accidentally stunning Kanan and Rex, lying to them what happened and then Chopper showing them his holo recording of Ezra blasting them over and over).

So overall, it was very good, so much fun and one of the best of the season so far, possibly the best one yet; there was action, character stuff (such as Rex's scene with Titus) and . As I said, the rescue story itself wasn't anything special in itself but it was the stuff that it was comprised of that made it this good, such as Kanan and Rex's camaraderie which was the heart of it; a solid effort by the show's crew.

9/10

20. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015

Definitely the most resonating episode as of yet. I'm not exactly a fan of specific character-centered episodes (though Wings of the Master and Blood Sisters were all right, I guess) and that's why I liked Stealth Strike. It seemed like it impacted the series a bit more, as in Kanan's and Rex's relationship.

Can't wait to see Ahsoka again next episode. I feel like she's been a bit under-utilized.

21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    When was Cody mentioned?

I must have missed that. What was said about him.

22. A Lovable Jerk

A Lovable Jerk Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

In the scene where they approach the immobilizer, Rex tells Kanan about how he and Cody made codes for the Republic.