main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.10: "The Future Of The Force" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 2, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 9, 2015.
  1. 10

36.0%
  2. 9

25.3%
  3. 8

16.0%
  4. 7

9.3%
  5. 6

5.3%
  6. 5

1.3%
  7. 4

4.0%
  8. 3

2.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    8/10
    Very good episode
    + Chopper/Kanan/Zeb/Ezra with kids. Nuff said. Chopper we don't blow up ships where there are kids inside.
    + New planet
    + The inquisitors survived this fight
    + Music/Visuals are outstanding
    + Ahsoka actually doing something beside standing there but the crew was still the focus. Good work. And now, she knows about "Lord Vader".
    + Bye bye Garel.
    - "What I have to say is Jedi business", Ahsoka seemed off when she said it.
    - No Hera/Sabine
    -/+ 5th brother seemingly killed everyone but the grandmother,ok. Don't know if she is still alive or not.

2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    5/10
    Boring. When these inquisitors are finally dead, can we get actual villains?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Why was it boring? Because Ahsoka didn't just behead them with a flip of her wrists? The series needs antagonists, and chances are we won't be seeing Vader anytime soon, much less Sidious.

4. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Because even before Ahsoka showed up, the inquisitors failed to grab my interest. Plus rehashed plot, and overall too predictable. That's why it was boring.
    I ranted about it in the discussion thread.

Darth_Pevra and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  5. Shapcah

Shapcah Jedi Knight

Oct 27, 2015
    OMG That was amazing! Ahsoka kicking ass! ive been waiting for that :)

6. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    Loved this episode, glad to finally see Ahsoka do something, and her fight scenes were incredible. I liked Ahsoka's callback to Zeb being good at handling inquisitors. I found it odd Ezra just stood there holding a baby while Kanaan was fighting off both inquisitors, he should have put down the baby and jumped in right away. The action was great in the episode and the story was pretty good as well.

Also, I thought the intro at the start of the episode with the inquisitors kidnapping the baby was kinda unnecessary, I think I will edit it out for my own viewing. Then when Ahsoka boards the ship we are actually wondering what's going on, rather than already knowing. The inquisitors entire mission objective was made obvious right at the start, rather than us figuring it out of the course of the episode, like Kanaan had to. I think us having to figure it ourselves would have made the episode better.

Overall, 9/10

Knight Wolf and spaulagain like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Chopper is Jar Jar.

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    More like Sith Lord Jar Jar...

9. spaulagain

spaulagain Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 2, 2014

Ya, I agree. Looking back, that whole scene was unnecessary. And for those that haven't watch TCW, it would have left them with a bit of mystery to discover throughout the episode.

10. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    10/10, love the small scale missions and story lines, as apposed to the Rebels taking on Star Destroyers and Imperial legions without much issue. The lightsaber duel was very done and Takobo looked really cool.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They continue making Zeb one of the more useless characters despite the occasional throwing him a bone here and there. He's got an electro staff which they seem too cheap to animate and make him use it as often as he should - especially knowing that weapon is made for fighting against Lightsabers and during an encounter like this would've came in handy, plus Zeb is supposed to be this agile and powerfully built alien yet he comes off as more a goofball & hindrance than an asset. I don't know why he was even there to be honest, cept to throw in more humor , Kanan and Ezra are often comic relief enough with their routine.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    3/10

Contrived plot. Kids being kidnapped so we can cry or something.

Flying Ahsoka.

Spinny red lightsabers popping through the floor and ceiling.

No Hera or Sabine.

But Zeb was enjoyable.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Darth_Pevra like this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A step up from the other episodes I watched in this season, so I'll give it a generous 4/10

Fight sucked, the choreography was as bad as Yoda vs Dooku if not worse. Ahsoka is dry as wood. Inquisitors are laughable failures. But I thought Ezra and Zeb were actually fine and appeared sympathetic. Also liked that they pick up the plot from TCW even-though they should not have just copied it like that. Hope they'll make something of it.

14. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I really don't think the episode deserves a below average rating, but it's all ya'll opinions.

Like, what you need for it to be considered 5+ in rating? Cause if you thought this episode was bad then I'd imagine you'd hate the previous episodes :/

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, I haven't seen the most recent ones but the first three of this season, yeah, pretty much.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Psssst, any episode without Ahsoka having more than 2 minutes screentime is fair game.

17. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Wha? I don't understand :/

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Don't worry about that, it's an assumption based on not reading the reviews people post.

I gave every episode except Jedi Path (I think that was its title) at least a 7/10 last season and I think I rated all the early ones this season pretty highly as well.

TCW last three seasons all got lower ratings from me than Rebels episodes have.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

See the other thread about this about (discussion). Those that don't like Ahsoka, would've given the show a mediocre rating just to spite it.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I rest my case.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    My grade has nothing to do with hating Ahsoka. I actually liked her in TCW.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But I know you and anakinfan must see that rather obvious pattern of liking every episode of Rebels up until the one where Ahsoka wields her lightsabers and does more than just stands there with maybe a couple sentences to give to the Ghost Crew for the 2 minutes of screentime.

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Do you want to know the last grades I gave? It was something around 3, 2 and 1. So this "Ahsoka-centric" episode actually got a higher grade. You are seeing things that aren't there, at least regarding myself.

24. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    So now I'm hating Ahsoka because I didn't give it a rating more than 5? You people of the internet. しょうがない

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As well as assuming that other posters are supposed to get their opinions pre-approved before posting.