main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.10: "The Future Of The Force" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 2, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 9, 2015.
  1. 10

36.0%
  2. 9

25.3%
  3. 8

16.0%
  4. 7

9.3%
  5. 6

5.3%
  6. 5

1.3%
  7. 4

4.0%
  8. 3

2.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I've been far more fair in my grades for Rebels. It should come as no surprise that I was far more of a fan with TCW than I am with Rebels. The other night I re-watched the "Children of the Force" episode of TCW, and compared to this latest Rebels episode, it was like night and day. But I still gave the "Future of the Force" episode a 9/10 because it was exciting, with an interesting plot.

Trust me, If you had given that last episode I high grade, I'd have been shocked and...dare I say...pleasantly surprised.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka's Tano

Yeah AT your behavior right now it totally uncalled for. Darth_Pevra and anakinfansince1983 don't think the episode was great, alright. That their own opinions. Neither if them have to like everything Rebels produces.

If you don't like their reviews that's fine but they weren't entirely about Ahsoka. But we also don't need this turning into a big Ahsoka is awesome/no she's awful argument either.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I was anticipating getting into a debate like this the first time Ahsoka had more screentime.

4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Wouldn't bother me if everyone hated Sabine, I don't mind being a hipster! XD

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm willing to bet that if Sabine and Hera got their own episode (one where the guys don't show up at the very end to rescue them), that would be a popular episode.

MandolorianSoldier likes this.
  6. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Didn't they already have? One was crap, the other was good.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm pretty sure it was only the one; I forgot the name of it, but they were on some distant planet picking up fuel tanks when those weird creatures in the dark came out and advanced on them. They seemed to hold their own, but when things got ultimately hairy at the end, the real Jedi Heroes of Rebels came to their rescue.

8. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    And then Sabine saved Ezra after the latter nearly got overwhelmed by them.

9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Oh you meant the two of them together? I thought you meant individual episodes. Though they were also together in the Hera-centric episode, they both saved the day.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Ah, this reminds me of the LACWAC of old. It's funny being an observer to the madness this time around.

11. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

I'm a 'proto-hipster' like Trevor Phillips. :p

MandolorianSoldier likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well at least in Ahsoka's Tano she is in the majority even if a lot of people on this forum don't agree with liking Ahsoka. go check out places like Reddit to see what I mean.

For having a Reddit account for a whole year I have never seen one person who does not like Ahsoka on that site.

And after all these are reviews and not indicative to how you should feel about the episode.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, like or dislike whatever the hell you want.

My only problem with hipsterism is that it's conforming to nonconformity. Liking something because nobody else does, as opposed to liking something because everyone else does.

Science allots us all the same ability to form opinions; no need to have someone else form yours for you.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    It's all vanity at the end of the day and people seeking attention and approval from peers.

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Let's focus on the episode again please.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Looks like this episode got similar ratings to the last one. I'm interested in how ratings for this season compare to last season but I'm too lazy to look right now.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I still like this episode because I enjoy the action, plain and simple. With Rebels I'm trying to just enjoy the experience of weekly Star Wars rather than the experience of coming here every week to pick apart and over analyse each episode like I did with TCW. That became my focus instead of the show itself and I'm having a lot more fun following Rebels as a result.

That said, a lot of people have made very good points about the Inquisitors and how they're being whooped too soon, before they got a chance to be properly established as credible threats, which I definitely agree with. As nice as it is to hop around and get some variety in the episodes so far it's season, I preferred the clearly visible overarching narrative of Season 1. The Grand Inquisitor got several episodes to establish himself as the main baddie of the season before Kanan bested him, and whilst the Rebels continued to escape his clutches he at least made them work for it. Always Two There Are was alright as an introductory episode but the Rebels' escape was much less convincing watching it back. We could have benefited from following a more coherent narrative which allowed all the characters, especially the Inquisitors, to develop and flourish. In particular we need situations that show the Inquisitors winning that don't turn into the heroes escaping as this has been a prevalent theme throughout Rebels. More redshirts would be welcome to give the battles real meaning. Then the battle with Ahsoka would in turn have had much more meaning as we would have really been able to appreciate just ow powerful she is. I don't mind that Ahsoka is powerful but as others have said before me the scale of her victory is difficult to gauge as we have not yet had the opportunity to understand how powerful her opponents were.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and CIS Droid like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your TCW reviews were damn funny whether you were picking apart and analyzing or not. But I'm glad you're enjoying this show more. I am too at this point.

I like a good space battle and to some extent, a good lightsaber duel, and I'm not concerned about the Inquisitors being beaten too easily, I just want to like them.

I miss Lucius. And Asajj.

19. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Lucius?

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The Jason Isaacs Inquisitor.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Dinos4Ever like this.
  21. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
  22. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Oh. Do you guys have a nickname for every character:) I do like the nicknames when i understand which character they belong with.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I nickname many characters, and some characters get more than one nickname.

That one is Lucius Inquisitorous. I'm toying around with nicknames for the new ones, right now they are the Numbered Siblings. Until they do something to impress me, like reveal themselves as Nightsister descendants.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I think we should call Seventh Sister Barriss because people still think they're the same person despite the number of times it's been discredited as a theory. Might as well join them and have a few laughs.

25. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    That sounds fun. I wonder if there exists a thread about nicknaming characters. Would be fun to discuss possible nicknames with other users