main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.11: "Legacy" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 9, 2015.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 16, 2015.
  1. 10

27.7%
  2. 9

21.5%
  3. 8

20.0%
  4. 7

10.8%
  5. 6

4.6%
  6. 5

9.2%
  7. 4

3.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.5%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Heck even I freaked out and I don't even like Ashoka.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    10/10 - excellent episode. Ezra is starting to become a likable character for me.

3. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    For some reason I cried at the end of the Yoda arc in S6 And I don't cry often. Besides the finale of Lost. I cried for 20 minutes.

6/10.

BOBA-FETT-82 likes this.
  4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

Yes I do admit that was probably a more emotional moment than finding out about Ezra's parents. However you also have to take into account that that episode happened after over a 100 episodes of developing Ahsoka Tano. Rebels development is vastly superior after only 25 or so episodes than TCW was at the same point. There is really no comparison.on which show is better after 25 episodes.

spaulagain likes this.
  5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Only time I've ever cried watching Star Wars was, when I was 11 and I finally understood the sad impact of Anakin's death.
    ''After all the things he's done, all he ever wanted was to look at his son with own eyes before he dies:(:_|''

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Posers. I liked Ezra before y'all felt sorry for him.

This episode was not what I was expecting but it was good to finally get closure on this plot thread from last season. Very touching at the end. RIP in peace Mira and Ephraim Bridger.

7/10

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I wouldn't have traded that scene in TCW for any and all scenes (combined) between TCW and Rebels to this point.

Sorry, but you're wrong about that. Rebels is still in the process of development, hence last night's episode. And trust me, for most people it took far fewer than the first couple dozen episodes of TCW for people to get attached to Ahsoka. Don't compare Ezra to Ahsoka at this point, because you'll only be fooling yourself.

8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    11/11

The ending was really sad. IMHO, Ezra will slowly begin to fall to the dark side.

9. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    8/10
    Yeah I was ready to hate this episode. An episode focused on my least favorite character + more Inquisitors? What a pain.
    But wow, it was actually pretty good. Good job writers.

10. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    7/10
    For once, I had sympathy for Ezra.
    Hera piloting skills nuff said.
    It didn't feel like a mid-season finale, yes now we know what happened to his parents but I waited for something epic and it ended like the middle of a 3 episodes arc.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I liked Hera showcasing her piloting skills early in the episode.
    I liked the beginning of the episode on Gorel (?).
    I thought the best part of the ending was Ezra "talking" to his parents.
    I thought the episode lulled somewhat in the middle of the episode.
    I'm glad they FINALLY told Ezra that his parents are dead. The crew of the Ghost is his family effectively, I don't know why they didn't have either Hera or Kanan tell him long ago.

I gave it a 9/10, but I almost gave it an 8/10. The soundtrack bumped it up a little bit.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Kanan and Hera did not tell Ezra that his parents were dead because they had no clue either way and they only died within a few days of the episode.

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Now that Ezra is another orphan , like Luke, we can now see some more Jedi growth which seems to be the case with him killing two stormtroopers and knocking down Kallus. His anger issues still are a focal point, but Kanan doesnt seem worried, whether this Kanan trying to be understanding softhanded big brother or just him being a lousy master is still up in their air, or both maybe.

Ezra talking to or hearing his parents since season 1, does it confirm his parents are Force sensitive and were trying to contact him the entire time, or just Ezra being prodigy, or is everyone now in the Star Wars universe sensitive to the Force on some level because Abrams wants it to be more "inclusive". We do not learn how he was contacting or hearing his parents before they died , they break out sometime after hearing the broadcast of season 1. But Ezra only now, senses the prison break and Clancy Brown's character . Had Hera told Ezra sooner, maybe he and Kanan could've concentrated on the computer a few hours each day by reaching out with the Force and could've turned up a lead.

Despite a few warnings from Kanan, Kanan gives in and becomes reckless by taking Ezra to go in search of his parents based on a few visions of the future, all of which basically go against what we were told about being careful when sensing the future & the whole attachment things Yoda warns the characters(and us the audience) and it not being the Jedi way was lost in this episode . Ezra going off alone seems to have been his version of helping Han and Leia in ESB against Yoda's wishes, and would've worked better but here they just want to go back to Lothal and something about this prisoner x , old dude with another weird hat. The Imperial protocol is abandon all the Star Destroyers and other vessels over Lothal just to attack Geral,lol. Not only was that silly, it was ludicrous. Even if the Empire does not realize they're constantly being played(and all suffer from repeating of errors on a genetic level) that someone like Sabine has been giving away their game plan for months if not years and they did not bother to change and adopt new strategies, how did the writers forget that 1) Tarkin is involved with Lothal since last season. 2 ) that Darth Vader , a Sith Lord, is also involved on Lothal directly since the first season and drove them out at the beginning of this season. 3) There could be MORE Inquisitor's on Lothal. 4) they could not be 100% certain that the Empire would basically just leave a small garrison of troops behind on Lothal(on the toon it looked like a few guys) a planet that was supposed to be so important to the Emperor and the Empire that Tarkin himself was supervising.

Hera ramming the tractor beam, I don't know about. That would've did as much damage to her ship as she intended to do the Star Destroyer, more even since the scale difference is enormous. She's more reckless and not that bright of a pilot without the writers protecting her and making her get away with it, which is a shame. I think that scene would've played out better if her ship crashed, she did it so Sato and the others could escape, instead it was an A-Team moment.

I give it a generous 6 . Was not bad, but did not feel like any sorta finale, except to Ezra's parents. But I get the impression they just wanted to tidy them up so they can move on to something new, the built up since last season came off as a flatliner. The ending was nice and all, but it makes one question Ezra's sanity, he can transport himself into an imaginary place(instead of the white rabbit of Alice and Wonderland its a white loth-cat) and talk to his deceased parents. If Anakin could've talked to his mom after she died, then he would've not become a psycho if everything was so nice. Does Yoda commune with the entire dead Jedi council , like a Kasdan Paratus did to his imaginary council?! Can't a Sith Lord effectively commune with the dead as well by using the Force(wasnt that cut out on Mortis with Bane and Revan ).

14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

We'll just have to agree to disagree then. With how many high ratings this show gets from people I think there might be a lot of others who agree to disagree with you as well.

15. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    This was a beautiful episode! 8/10!

I was whelmed with feels at the end.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The grades given in this forum don't tell the whole story of what the majority of the potential viewing audience thinks of it.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    What do you know about it?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Do you think everyone who watches the show is a member of this forum?

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    No, but you seem always concerned by what "the majority" think, why should we care about it?

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Jamminjedi suggested that "alot of others disagree with me as well". That may be so here in this forum. But if you really want to praise Rebels while at the same time blasting its predecessor, you'd be in for a rude awakening on the outside. But at this point Rebels is still a working progress, so we're all giving it the benefit of the doubt.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Quit bickering you two. Besides, this thread is for reviews, not discussion.

Sent from my brain using magic

22. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Technically this episode aired before the arc with Five's death and Legacy, so the statement
    can be true while appreciating Ahsoka's walkaway....from a certain point of view.;)

23. Palizinha

Palizinha Jedi Master star 1

Jul 12, 2015
    10/10

I was expecting this episode to be way different than it was, but I don't think in a bad way - I liked the action scenes in the first half, but the anticlimactic reveal of what happened to Ezra's parents was amazing and not what I thought would happen even if I expected them to be dead.

It also occurs to me just how attached to Ezra I am. I mean, I got attached to Ahsoka pretty fast too, but I was 11 when TCW started, it's nice Ezra is capable of making me feel like Ahsoka, Anakin and Luke did when I first met them, I somewhat didn't expect that when I started the show.

All in all, an excellent episode to finish the thread of Ezra's parents and I really want the show to come back, even if this was a nice way to go to hiatus (I find cliffhangers annoying most of the time)

24. queenofhollywood

queenofhollywood Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 11, 2015
    4/10

I'm sorry, guys. I know lots of people are enjoying the show and I don't want to be a pooper. I'm really quite sad. I don't like comparing it to TCW because they're two separate things. I just don't particularly care for these characters or stories. I'm debating dropping the show, but there have been some moments that I really loved in the series. Actually, season one kept me quite entertained. Siege of Lothal was wonderful but then the show kind of failed to keep me interested.

I was very amused by the whole Lion King theme though. XD Ezra and Kenan looking over pride rock as Kenan says his parents live within him, like good old Rafiki. It was good to see an emotional episode, even if I didn't care for it.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    9/10

I enjoyed this one. I didn't cry over the revelation about Ezra's parents but I felt sad, and I'm not an Ezra fan.

Nicely done episode, I like character bonding moments.