main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.13: "The Protector of Concord Dawn. " (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Jan 27, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Feb 3, 2016.
  1. 10

19.1%
  2. 9

29.4%
  3. 8

20.6%
  4. 7

17.6%
  5. 6

4.4%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

5.9%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.5%
  1. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Decent episode, a little more interesting than the past few that we've gotten since it introduced a new character and a new planet. The show has been steadily losing its steam this season though, it seems to lack the strong central thread that the first season had.

Still this episode is a bit of an improvement. 8/10!

I was actually surprised at how engaging the dogfight was, considering it was only a small part of the episode. Good directing there. Also glad to see one of the crew members get seriously injured, I think that sort of stuff adds strength to the character. It would be cool if the show continued that, and Hera was still out of action in the new episode, but I doubt it.

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I gave this one a 7 for not being completely satisfactory, but it still had enough good in it for me to like it overall. See the episode discussion thread for my thoughts in full.

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Wow, I REALLY liked this episode. We didn't learn TOO much more about Sabine, but they did say in the Recon that this was the first of the episodes that we'll see of the Mandalorians.

+The Protectors voice...man he sounds good.
    +Even though I knew she wouldn't die, I felt pretty shocked when I saw Hera's destroyed A-wing go through hyperspace and seeing everyone reaction to it.
    +Sabine's family-like connection to Hera and Kanan. The last scene touched me.
    +I like that they showed Sabine has differences from the rest of the crew, Mandalorian differences. She sounded disappointed when Kanan told her not to kill anyone.
    +Kanan's mention to his "encounter" with Fenn in his comic series.
    +They clearly showed that the Mandalorian are more competent than Stormtroopers. Glad they weren't treated like fodder.

-The duel was a liiiitle anticlimactic.

9/10 from me. I loved it.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  4. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Confirmed Sabine is evil.

MandoArtist likes this.
  5. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Sabine is Snoke.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    A really good episode! Lots of great action and the explosions of those Mando ships was pretty spectacular. The graphics were well done. Really liked Sabine in this one.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    TRAITOR!

you did not give this episode a 10/10. :p

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So...just to confirm...they do not live on the actual planet of Concord Dawn that is pretty much only 1/2 a planet...but on one of the moons?

9. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Yes, the place we saw them on was the 3rd moon of Concord Dawn.

10. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I didn't wanna look TOO bias! :(

11. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I gave this episode a 7, it was good, but had quite a few flaws.

The biggest one was the lack of music during the space battle, music has always been a big part of Star Wars, and I honestly though something was wrong with my speakers when I wasn't hearing any. Every space battle in the movies had amazing music that really made the battles a lot more epic.

Also, I have no idea how Hera made the jump to hyperspace when her ship was destroyed, that doesn't make any sense. The rear of her ship looked destroyed, and with how often people have to repair the hyperdrive in Star Wars, I'm amazed hers was functioning at all.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Or that it did not blow up.

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I thought the episode was good, but rushed. Rebels should release episode arcs, like CW did, to flesh the story out. A bit of history would have helped - they mentioned Death Watch, but nothing about Mandalores government, or whether Maul is still involved with this system and it's people.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean it seemed pretty obvious to me that Maul is no longer involved in Mandalore.

15. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Well we can assume that because of Maul's location in the Midseason Trailer. But the Protectors seemed to have stopped dealing with Mandalore around when the New Mandalorians became the ruling power.

16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I don't think it's obvious at all, when last we saw him, he was leaving Dathomir with the Mandos. He proved himself in single combat to rule and left Almec as a puppet of sorts. After his capture by Sidious, Almec sent Death Watch to rescue him, showing his continued loyalty. Unless Maul turned over all control, he should still be involved, and if not, it should be explained. It's been a long time since CW and SOD, and that's not a storyline that can be brushed aside in this timeline for the viewers to assume for themselves...

ARC_RC-7567 likes this.
  17. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    So in TCW's The Mandalore Plot when Vizsla said "Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter. How he acquired that armor is beyond me.", was this a case of the divide between Death Watch and Fenn Rau and his people?

I got the impression, based on the look, accent, armor color and planet that Fenn Rau was affiliated with Jango on some level. He even trained clones, so I would assume he was at least on good terms with Jango.

18. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    I guess as crappy supervision Satine's government had over Concordia, they were even less up to date on how the Concord Dawn colony was behaving. Yeah, I'd this is where Jango got that armor.

19. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    So Concord Dawn is a Mandalore colony and is sort of a "wild west" where some of the more rough-and-tumble characters like Rako Hardeen, Jango, and Fenn Rau originate from - and the high and mighty "true Mandalorian" Death Watch look down on them as being lesser?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around new canon Mandalorian politics and how it all relates to Jango.

20. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Almec says that, not Vizsla. If anything I'd say the divide that separated the Protectors from the Death Watch was that the Protectors were more disciplined or didn't believe in taking Mandalore by destroying Satine and the New Mandalorians or committing acts of terror. I think from what we know about the Protectors and where they are from, I assume that some of them worked as the new canon Cuy'val Dar. In the Republic Commando novels they were Mandalorian mercenaries chosen by Jango to train Clone Troopers, some of them even worked as mercenaries and fought battles in the Grand Army Of The Republic. So yes I assume that is how Jango Fett got his armor. And to back this up a bit more, the Protectors seemed to have been in exile on Concord Dawn. It makes sense that the government wouldn't really know what they were up to.

If anything I'd say that the Protectors are more similar to the True Mandalorians than the Death Watch. Because the Death Watch have their own ideals that go above believing in Mandalore as one unified planet. The Death Watch wanted power for themselves. If anything the Protectors would look down (they already do to some extent) on Death Watch because they believe in taking back their warrior culture through killing off everyone that opposes them. The Protectors believe in honor and that is shown in the episode. We don't really know much of how it relates to Jango, but assumptions can be made. I'm sure we'll learn more in future episodes. Also I really want Rako Hardeen to be confirmed as a Mandalorian Protector. That would be cool.

rumsmuggler and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Legolas22

Legolas22 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2016
    I'd give it about an 8/10. I wish this episode was centered around Sabine's origin story, but I was satisfied because it showed us the homeworld of jango fett. Also, kanan put on an impressive show and it's always great to Rex :).

22. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I would love to see Fenn Rau and Captain Rex sharing a scene. Heck, they could even know each other from The Clone Wars.

23. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Well Rex knows who he is. I'm not sure is Fenn Rau knows him. I personally hope that Fenn is the person that gave Rex his Mandalorian Jaig Eyes on his helmet :D

24. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    6/10
    I was expecting more than just a snippet of Sabine's backstory, other than that, the rest of the episode was fine.

25. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Meh... 1/10