main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.14:" Legends of the Lasat" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Feb 10, 2016.
  1. 10

14.3%
  2. 9

9.5%
  3. 8

20.6%
  4. 7

17.5%
  5. 6

22.2%
  6. 5

4.8%
  7. 4

3.2%
  8. 3

4.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

3.2%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Have you watched "Legends of the Lasat" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close next week.

2. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I gave it a 6, and even that may have been generous. It was a pretty weird episode, but it started well, and Hondo was awesome. I'm not at all a fan of this mystic stuff, and I had hoped that died with the nightsisters in "Massacre". I don't think I'll watch this episode again any time soon, which is a shame, because I loved seeing Hondo again. Bonus points for the imperials actually being competent. Also, I thought the animation looked really good this episode, it really has come a long way.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Ill give it an 8.
    -Hondo
    -more force lore
    -music
    -Hondo
    -Zeb Backstory
    -Hondo
    and of course Hondo.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    3/10 for me. Didn't really like this one, although it had a few good bits. Just a shame that all this mystic crap overshadowed it all.

5. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I'll be giving this one a 9. This is an episode that reminds people that Star Wars is and always has been "Space Fantasy" and not simply "Science Fiction"

This episode right here was a much needed character development for Zeb. I felt like this episode did his character more justice in a single episode than Sabine's character got in any of her 2 episodes not to mention Kanan outshines her character completely in the last episode. That said I wish It were a 2 part arc regardless due to time restraints and a small budget because it felt like the end conclusion could of been more satisfying than what it actually was.

Some other notes. They're killing Stormtroopers again. It's been awhile since I saw that many lifeless bodies in the show since Season 1. I happened to see only 1 moving this time and several up close shots of Stormtroopers not moving. Also the music for this season has been incredible. There was a beautiful violin or cello score during the blackhole/maw sequence. Kevin Kiner is really starting to be outdoing his Clone Wars score in this show. I was not a big fan of his Clone Wars work with the exception of a few tracks like from the Mortis arcs. Also Ezra even got some character development in this episode his character is clearly maturing thankfully which was nice to see.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm aware that Star Wars is space fantasy; but that doesn't mean that adopting an "anything goes" approach is good either. You can still go too far, in my opinion.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  7. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    YES! I personally dig the mystic vibe of the episode and using the Force to make the jump to Hyperspace is so Dune, its awesome.

The maelstorm was beautiful and paired with the cello music created a really cool vibe.

And the development of Zeb's psychology and history were cool too.

Too bad we couldn't see the planet, but budgets be budgets....

8. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    They didn't take it any further than the Yoda or Mortis arcs in TCW which is established canon. It was trippy sure, but I guess it depends if you like those arcs or not.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I was never a fan of Mortis, or of the mystical stuff in the Yoda arc either.

10. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

I'm going to guess and say that you are a fan of the Midichlorians can be counted in your bloodstream.

Canyon D likes this.
  11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I have no real opinion on Midichorians other than at least it was some kind of credible explanation.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Remember- this thread's for grading. Commentary and discussion go elsewhere, please and thank you. :)

Anyway, I give it a 6/10. It was good overall, but the plot was really thin, even for this show. That said, I thought Kiner did some of his best work here, especially during Zeb's zen zoning out thing at the maze.

13. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm gonna go with a seven for this one. It was great but it felt kinda shallow and short. It was a beautiful episode though. Some of the most stunning visuals the show has produced so far along with some amazing music. Not much really happened though, it wasn't very intense like some other episodes.

morrison85 likes this.
  14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    10/10 for me, the music, the mythology. Good stuff.

TX-20 likes this.
  15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    This would have been a 7/10, but the score for the episode kicks this up to 8/10. The plot dealing with the Lasat's and the mythology wasn't explained that well, leaving some gaps IMO. Though I do like that they did do a little bit of world/galaxy building for GFFA.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    20/10 I loved it to the point that its my favorite episode of the series so far. (sue me)

Any I love exploring the galaxy and we got that
    I love good character development and we got that in spades with Zeb
    I love learning about how other people interpret the force in Universe
    I love Hondo double crossing everyone
    I loved that first person view of the TIE pilots.

Seriously I love everything about this episode and I actually like Zeb now.

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    9/10. I really enjoyed it, I just wish we could have seen the planet and more Lasats. It didn't grip me quite as much as last episode but I have to admit it's nice to see some Zeb development.

18. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I'll give it a 10. Another great, epic episode.

-Backstory for Zeb and he was as funny as ever. I laughed when Ezra said he was acting like a child.

-I enjoy the mystical elements and liked how it all tied in with the Force.

-Hondo!

-The violin score at the end was amazing.

-The star cluster animation was incredible.

19. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    10/10 for me. The music alone gives it that score! Also liked Zeb's moment of weakness and his little moment with Ezra. Loved the way he activated his Bo rifle too. It's nice knowing there are more Lasats out there.

ShiroxCloud and Kentoa like this.
  20. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I am proud award this episode the first 10 I've ever given a Rebels episode. This had Star Wars written all over it. The mysticism, the music, the dialogue, the character development. It was all of top quality that I came to expect from Filoni during TCW.

ShiroxCloud, Kentoa and TX-20 like this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it a 6. When most of the best scenes of an episode are already featured in the new episode teaser, it doesn't satisfy much expectations. 1) We knew that the Lasats were going to be in there 2) We knew Hondo was going to be there 3) We figured that Zeb would have a reflective moment or two at some point. I think it would've been nice if the Ghost Crew actually landed on the newly discovered planet; or at least we could've seen Zeb go there on his own to see the rest of his species. And I know having Hondo back gets the TCW fanboy in hyper mode, but IMO he's a shell of his former personality. It's like they're trying too hard with his dialogue.

22. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    10 ^:)^ and now I'm dying to see more lasats. The music in this episode was some of the best I've heard.

23. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I'm not sure how to rate this. The first half was eh, but the second half was woah! That was some of the best imagery ever seen in Star Wars. So I give it a [face_dunno].

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    3/10.

Worst episode to date.

25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I give this one a 7. I am not a huge fan of the mystic type stuff either (like what we had in Mortis and Yoda Arc). However one thing I do appreciate is they wrap these kind of stories up in one episode instead spending three or four episodes on them. They could have gone down and spent an episode or two strictly on the new planet but there was no need to because it would have served no need for the Ghost Crew's story.