main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 2.15: "The Call" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Feb 17, 2016.
  1. 10

6.8%
  2. 9

13.6%
  3. 8

20.3%
  4. 7

25.4%
  5. 6

10.2%
  6. 5

5.1%
  7. 4

6.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

5.1%
  10. 1

6.8%
  1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Actually now we are at 3 years before ANH.

2. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Wow, really? That kinda makes it even worse. 3 years to ANH and there's still essentially no Rebel Alliance. It doesn't even feel like 2 years have passed, either. More like 2 months.

3. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Maybe the character model evolution they have done for season 3 will make it easier for us to notice time has passed.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Didn't the Rebels team or Freddie already say Ezra was going to get a new updated look for season 3? The other characters might get an updated look as well.

Canyon D likes this.
  5. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope so.

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Hopefully Ezra gets taller too.

7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Aside from maybe some changes in their clothes, I don't think anyone besides Sabine or Ezra will have a physical change in their appearance since they've reached their "peak" in growth.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Ezra is said to have a few noticeable changes next season. One in his appearance, another in his choice of weaponry.

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    The "Rebel Alliance" doesn't come together until RotJ. That is the "one big meet up". Before that you have these smaller cells, like the one on Yavin 4.

10. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Coulda sworn they used the word "Alliance" at some point in ANH or ESB.

Edit: Actually, Vader refers to them by name when addressing Leia on the Tantive IV. The Rebel Alliance is an entity by the time of ANH. They're no longer a mishmash of separate cells. They're an "alliance".

"You are part of the Rebel Alliance, and a traitor! Take her away!"

Other references in ANH...

Luke: "You know of the Rebellion against the Empire?"

Leia: " I have placed information vital to the survival of the Rebellion into the memory systems of this R2 unit"

Jir: "If word of this gets out, it could generate sympathy for the Rebellion in the Senate."

Tagge: " And until this battle station is fully operational, we are vulnerable. The Rebel Alliance is too well equipped. They're more dangerous than you realize!"

Vader: "This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi, it will soon see the end of the Rebellion."

I can go on. The point is, there is clearly a unified Alliance by ANH. They're not just singular cells anymore.

Canyon D and darklordoftech like this.
  11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I think it was an alliance by ANH, but they all didn't actually come together until ROTJ to fight against the second Death Star.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  12. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I prefer the EU timeline of the Rebellion with Bel Iblis, Organa and Mothma spearheading the alliance only to split after the events of ANH when Bail is killed, but in the context of NuCanon it does make a lot of sense for the rebels to be in small factions only to come together later. This would certainly explain why we never see Akbar or the Mon Cal warships before ROTJ/

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This would mean that as an organization the true rebel alliance only lasted a day!:p

This is because almost immediately after the victory at Endor it became the NR.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Vader in ANH "You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor"

Hell it even says in the opening crawl that they won there first victory against the Empire. There's even another scene of the Imperial Commanders arguing about it "The Rebel Alliance is to well equipped, they are far more dangerous than you realise"

Canyon D likes this.
  15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I don't think this episode was as good as last week's, but it was still nice and entertaining. I enjoyed the plot about the fuel-gathering to the Mining Guild's asteroid facility which had some good action and humor (a couple of things that stood out were those customized Tie Fighters with the missing solar panel sections that looked pretty cool, the Guild's blaster cannons which looked very similiar to the snowtroopers' E-web cannon & I just have to mention the design of the foreman, Yushyn, which was so funky).

I liked all the stuff with and about the purrgils, both Ezra "mind melding" with them and developing those abilities & the hint of mysteriousness that surrounds them, that with their intelligence, semi-sentientness and the legend that they are what inspired the hyperdrive with their own hyperspace capability (which turns out to be true in the end when it was revealed why they were consuming the gas from the asteroid; that was ridiculous but I still loved that and the visual of their tails glowing & them speeding off into lightspeed).

Overall, it was a very nice and fun episode with a solid plotline (which expanded the lore a bit more with the purgills) even though it didn't add a lot to the overaching plot of the series and was more or less filler (at least as of right now since I can't fully rule out that we might see the purrgils and/or the Mining Guild again).

8/10

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    These things aren't really inconsistent. The French resistance against the Nazis was notoriously fractious. Some were anti-Vichy, while other cells were operated from inside the government (with basically open collaboration) but against the Germans. Some helped protect Jews and some helped kill them. That said, many/most were ultimately willing to coordinate under De Gaulle. In modern times, the Libyan example is pretty instructive. The various units were pretty distinct cells, as is obvious now that they've splintered again and threw the country deep into civil war. But it's also true that throughout the attempt to expel Qaddafi, they made a point of coordinating with one another to take major cities or help keep enemy troops from pushing back. Cells that are functionally independent but sub-servient to one over-arching (if distant) command structure isn't that unique.

Much more confusing to me was Space Hillary Clinton.

17. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    9/10, a definitely favourite. Loved the design of the purrgils and the custom TIE's :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.