main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 201 "Holocron Heist"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Jun 30, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 201 "Holocron Heist"

Poll closed Jun 30, 2011.
  1. 10

20.0%
  2. 9

30.0%
  3. 8

26.7%
  4. 7

10.0%
  5. 6

6.7%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

6.7%
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Gave it a 9. Was torn between and 8 or 9 but went with 9 since I enjoyed this episode. I like the infiltration plan by Bane and seeing the Jedi trying to figure out how to capture him was cool. Ahsoka being punished was a welcomed chnage but her getting out of it later was a bit meh.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

You should have listened to this guy:

[image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mhK6fN5ND9Q/TDdGiXWiA2I/AAAAAAAAAJI/r6IXJVCBKic/s1600/roy.gif]

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Maybe Vertseth is world filled with little TODOs and Bane just went there and took a new one after this[face_laugh]

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Lol Vertseth...that's pretty creative Swash. Better than Lola Sayu at least :p

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^I like Lola Sayu-name it's probably non-human-origin and actually very clever.... but Vertseth is canonical too:p believe it or not

As always.... this argument you have, is caused, not by clear facts, but by different point of views-

It is true that when this episode aired, there were no problem- and it was created later to Evil Plans- that much is true- but we can still claim that retcon- while later made- also affects to this episode now, it is totally plausible to say so, since it cheapens "TODO's death" - we now know he didn't die......

It is POV-thing, some may think that newer retcons cannot "ruin" the old material, but some think they do, and they are entitled to think so....

now when we rewatch this and know the retcon- it affects to way we see this episode.... it doesn't bother you, but you cannot demand that others agree with your POV.....

I think this episode made an error by blowing up a promising droid-character- so that is flaw of this episode.
    Even if he wouldn't have been brought back problematically, the way he was wasted is problem for me, way he was revived to Evil Plans is prob in that episode....

In any case you are not going to agree since "where problem lies" is not a simple fact that you can prove- but it depends on a point of view....
    you have shared yours, others have shared theirs, further argument leads nowhere because both POV:s are subjective truths....

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Well I would never spend money on the Clone Wars Character Encyclopaedia so you'll have to forgive me for that. But if it's canonical and for Todo's origins, then that's...lame. It's only good if it's a fan name.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Neither would i:p - but it's already told in character-card and wookieepedia- so i don't have to forgive you that[face_laugh] .... like Stewjon- it is lame but still canon..... but I don't get all this Lola Sayu-hate- it's very odd name so it sounds foreign... not always planets with ending -iine or -eraan those are boring nowadays....

8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    9/10
    + Great opening battle.
    + Showing Ahsoka as brash and impudent; and the consequences therein. Her "What are you doing?!" line sums that up perfectly.
    + Awesome silhouette of Cad Bane standing at the window. That should be a wallpaper.
    + TODO is hilarious.

- Jedi response to the intrusion is puzzling. Perhaps they are too confident and arrogant in their own abilities, but Cad Bane easily out-maneuvers them.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    7/10.

Really enjoyed the episode until the heist actually started, then it became a touch ludicrous for me. The Jedi looked like idiots.

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I can agree with that completely.

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    They always look like idiots though.

12. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    No they don't.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Oh tell me people- what the idiot looks like?

Jedi were acting like idiots not looking like idiots because idiot is not matter of looks..... why everyone is just standing in comms room and Obi and Ani are only one's looking for Bane.... that was idiotic not their looks....

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Are you really debating his use of a common phrase?

Swash, you of all people should not be picking apart someone's language.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ay ay ay ¿dónde está mi Tequila?

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm not nitpicking about punctuation or grammar rules, but i do understand difference of "looking" and "acting" well enough..... and Tom stop trolling please....

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Spanish is trolling now?

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Swash is correct here, but it's a common "misuse" of look in English. Slang, basically. A synonym for "acting like an idiot".

Now let's all calm down, I am the one with the tequila.[face_dancing]

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't drink normally Garth but desperate times call for desperate measures. Can I swing by your place to drown my sorrows?

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Talking about Tequila is trolling - language doesn't matter:p also i was more referring to sarcastic "They always look like idiots" kind of comments that are not always understood as humour....

anyway forget it.... i was not serious either but since i didn't add any smilies my comment was misunderstood as serious nitpicking about language..... but being an idiot is not looking like something- or someone who claims so may be an idiot[face_laugh]
    But since it is slang... well....it still doesn't make it acceptable:p

Anyway I agree that jedi acted idiotically- what good does standing in comms room do? Obi-Wan and Anakin are only active jedi there- others are just waiting helplessly how Obi and Ani save them from intruders.... maybe Bane's Gary Stuness affects jedi that way:p

Also Yoda having suddenly vision that temple will have intruders just felt stupid to me:oops: - of course jedi sometimes sense future but it's said to be very rare and visions unclear (as seen in ROTS)- now Yoda suddenly senses very clear happening- too convenient[face_tired]

Yoda could earn a lot of money if he suddenly senses lottery numbers or winning kaadu in intergalactic kaadurace on Naboo[face_laugh]

21. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Imagine drunken posting. [face_laugh] :p

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I have to admit in some of my rants that I may not have been entirely sober.

23. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    How do you even know?- Looks like many posts in this forum could've been posted by drunken people[face_laugh] but this is not really on topic is it..... damn that's why i think Imnotafanboy trolls a bit- he starts off-topic debates with his sarcastic remarks[face_laugh]
    I don't use alcohol and if i would, i wouldn't post LacWac as drunken because my sober posts are apparently confusing enough[face_laugh] .....

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Me? Drink? I don't touch the stuff. I've seen firsthand what it does to peoples' lives.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    I didn't say anything about your drinking but your sarcastic remarks are sometimes causing off-topic debates which could be considered trolling[face_whistling] well it is up to mods not me.... but really is tequila on topic in Holocron Heist- thread?