main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: 211: Lightsaber Lost

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Aug 4, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode: 211: Lightsaber Lost

Poll closed Nov 2, 2011.
  1. 10

13.8%
  2. 9

6.9%
  3. 8

10.3%
  4. 7

27.6%
  5. 6

17.2%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

3.4%
  8. 3

3.4%
  9. 2

3.4%
  10. 1

13.8%
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm not saying it definitely was a lesbian relationship, but their relationship came across as being more than friends, at least to me.

Like I said, I think there was enough there that the viewer can draw that conclusion if they want to.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I don't know. I always get some random secret Lesbian lover vibe from certain female characters they pair. :oops:

Maybe it's their writing

3. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    GGrievous, Padmé and Satine or Ahsoka and Barriss or the more perverted Ahsoka and Padmé? [face_beatup]

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    [image=http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9016/wtfyc.jpg]

5. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    I won´t be able to sleep today with that image in my head [face_sick]

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    My issue is this: if it was a guy and a girl who were the thieves, most of the audience would assume they're romantically involved, regardless of the dialogue. It's a result of the way books/tv shows/movies have been made up until now. We just assume: oh, it's a duo -- there must be romance/sex involved!

Now here's the same thing, girl and girl. Why do they have to be romantically involved? Is it because the two girls didn't mention guys - their minds were on something else? If it were two guys who were the thieves, I doubt anyone here would bring up the gay issue (Robinino and Chata Hyoki come to mind).

Sorry if I seem miffed. It's just I hate it when people automatically assume a female paired with someone else automatically assumes "romantic relationship" (or "sexual relationship" -- whatever term you want). It's a pet peeve of mine, and I see it all the time online. Drives me nuts.

Ok rant ends. Please continue. :p

7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I haven't seen this since it aired, but I don't remember thinking they had anything going on. I don't do much shipping.

You have to remember that some guys really, really like lesbians. There doesn't need to be any evidence, just two women and a man's imagination.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I didn't see any lesbianism or anything in there...maybe I need to watch it again...[face_laugh]

9. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    9/10

One of the best episodes of the second season, as it truly echoes what it means to be a Jedi. No stupid, flashy, twirling use of the lightsaber like almost every other episode does. Just effective use of the Force like Yoda presented in Empire.

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Lesbians? Uh... there definitely was no reason to think they would've had lesbian relationship....

Or Ahsoka and Chuchi:p .....

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yup.

12. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Get your heads out of the gutter, guys.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    While I don't have random lesbian fantasies while watching TCW (:oops:), the way they show female character pairings makes it seem they are implying that they are lesbian lovers. Ahsoka/Padme pairing especially.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That's it. GGrievous totally has a DeviantArt account somewhere.:p

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'll partially agree with you there. The Ahsoka/Padme hug dynamic was jarring since they had no history of a friendship up to that point while at the same time being pretty physical, but I got more of a sister-y vibe from that. Of course, I'm not the type to have "fantasies" so I can't fully judge, but for me it seemed to be a far cry from a lesbian relationship.

As for Cassie Cryar and Ione Marcy, I see no reason to suspect they are anything more than partners. It seems to me that the whole "lovers" conspiracy is just a joke from 2009 gone horribly wrong. :p

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I personally never got the impression that Ahsoka and Padme were lesbian lovers from watching TCW.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    They're all over each other.

Sisterly love?

Nah

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I like where this is going.

20. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Well to be honest, the scene in Padme's apartment in Assassin actually gave me more of a grandma-ish "Look how big you've gotten! I just wanna pinch those cheeks!" feel. :p

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I got the surrogate aunt vibe from Padme in 'Assassin' myself.

It really never occurred to me these two lame ass villainesses were anything other than partners about to be charged with the crime of epic FAIL.

22. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Yes, the Padme/Ahsoka dynamic is definitely more of a big sister/little sister one than a friendly one. It would have actually been a pretty good idea had it not been for the abruptness of it. [face_plain]

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Lovers I tell you :p

24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    As lame as it is, I pretty much assume they became best buds off screen. Ahsoka seems to be friends with everybody and their mom. Padme too.

25. fistofan1

Dec 8, 2009
    Off-screen friendships are okay in a situation like Ahsoka and Senator Chuchi, but when two characters are hugging and giving each other advice it kind of feels odd without some explanation.