main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.03:"The Holocrons of Fate" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 8, 2016.
  1. 10

24.7%
  2. 9

31.8%
  3. 8

22.4%
  4. 7

10.6%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

1.2%
  7. 4

1.2%
  8. 3

1.2%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.2%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Holocrons of Fate" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!​
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!​
    Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.​
    :)

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    9/10 the implication
    Obi Wan throws me off

3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    10/10 - great dynamic, great pace, great animation
    and I don't think it's obi anymore which adds to my 10/10

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    This will be one of the most-discussed episodes due to the potential implications.

I gave this an 8 because...

While I enjoyed most of what I saw, there were a couple of things that left me wanting (that could have been solved through more airtime) e.g. seeing Maul's capture of the Ghost crew and Sabine's initial reaction to meeting her former Mandalore in the flesh.

I'm not going to deduct points for the implications from the vision(s) since we have no idea what's going to happen and whilst the idea of more Maul vs Obi Wan does not thrill me in the slightest, we simply don't know enough yet to assume this is the case.

Kanan was by far the standout character in this episode and I am really enjoying the direction they're taking him now - he's becoming a lot less cocky and far wiser. Though I am sure there will still be some of the old Kanan to come based on comments from Filoni.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  5. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    7/10 from me.

+Maul was great as always, and he's finally put a shirt on! Also, it seems he doesn't appreciate Sabine's artwork! :mad:
    +Kanan's development to a wiser Jedi is always good to see. I don't think anyone has greater character development than Kanan right now.
    +Bendu's voice.
    +Despite the Spectres accomplishments, we are once again reminded they aren't invincible. Maul roflstomped Sabine, Hera, Zeb and Chopper.
    +It leaves me with a great thirst for more. WHO STILL LIVES!?
    +We now know that Sabine is aware of Maul's previous relations with the Mandalorians.

-A shame we didn't actually see how Maul captured the Spectres. I would've wanted to see that.
    -The whole dark temptations with Ezra and his issues with Kanan is resolved pretty quickly, this was supposed to be a rather large plot point for Season Three.
    -It seems like a rather significant event was wrapped up relatively quickly. You'd think a hostage situation with Maul would be a little more...tricky to tackle and under a longer period.

ChefCurryWindu and TX-20 like this.
  6. Torn

Torn Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    10/10

I now have Hope

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I'll give it a solid 8, but it was still weak in a few places. its still ambiguous if Maul really wants to kill The Ghost crew or just likes playing with them as technically if they were anyone else they'd all be dead.

8. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Maul wants them gone, he doesn't want Ezra distracted. Plus, if they die his sense of loss will drive him closer toward the Dark Side.

9. Zillobeast

Zillobeast Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 6, 2016
    10/10:

Built upon the previous episode, had a lot of character development, callbacks to TCW and awesome moments.

And don't forget: HE LIVES!

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well,

- Filoni

http://www.vinereport.com/article/s...de-canon-via-the-hit-disney-xd-show/12572.htm

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    8/10

Pretty decent episode. I really liked Ezra's journey through the cave to find the holocron, as well as the sequence of the two holocrons merging.

TX-20 likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    9/10 It was good, but I wish we could have seen Sabine's reaction to meeting Maul.

CT1138 likes this.
  13. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    I think this episode implies Season 3 will have the best Rebels season finale episode yet! Potentially.

14. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    9/10 Had a lot of really good moments. Loved the Bendu and Cave sequence and the merging of the Holocrons.

15. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    10/10
    I really loved the cave sequence with Kanan and Ezra, and especially that hug. Maul vs the crew was also really awesome and that ending was spectacular.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    9/10 - wish we had seen the end of Maul but a real solid episode that teases some interesting things...

17. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    10/10. Very exciting start to the season. And though I was weary of them bringing the particular person Maul was referring to into this show I like the way it seems the way they will bring him in if he does appear.

18. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    10/10. I loved how they were able to pack so much into 22 minutes!

19. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    10/10 for me. I know some people have complained about Maul being a bit too goofy, but I always felt Maul's comedic moments humanize him a bit, so I didn't mind. I was laughing my head off at them.

20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    9/10

21. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    9/10. Really enjoyed this one. Witwer continues to rock it as Maul...I love his line delivery, particularly when he confronts Kanan and Ezra again. Don't care for how powerful they're making him. If Vader is diminished by being half man, then Maul certainly should be. He's using the Kylo mind probe when Vader never used it?

I would assume Maul meant Kenobi again. It should be Obi-Wan who gets to finish the job with him.

Tom Baker continues to be awesome as Bendu.

I enjoyed the scene with the crew vs Maul when he's magnetized on top of the ship.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    9.5/10

Everything was awesome! The characters, the action, the nods and references, the suspence,the visuals, the music...
    I must say that Maul and Thrawn have given this series new life. While I loathed the idea of Maul being a villain in "The Clone Wars", I love how he is done in "Rebels".
    I love how much Kanan has grown since we first met him.
    Ezra is the only reason I give the episode 9.5. There are just some minor Ezra moments that just have me facepalmin or grunting out of annoyance. Jeez, Ezra! You are so... you...
    Another episode of Bendu stealing every scene he is in. The character is just so much fun.
    Also, I love how Maul used the tour guide droids from "The Clone Wars" as bodyguards with battle droid blasters.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    7/10. A good episode; just not great for me. All of a sudden Ezra is uncomfortable around creatures; he needed Kanan to protect him? I thought that was Ezra's specialty from the past season. Where was Rex when Hera and the rest of the Ghost were captured by Maul? I did appreciate Maul's nod to Sabine about his rule over the Mandalorians.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    4/10

Would have been 6/10 but Kanan surviving being shot out the airlock into space knocked it down a couple pegs. Also, still not a fan of how powerful they're making both Kanan and Ezra with the Force. Otherwise there was a bit of an improvement over recent episodes. Voice acting was good. Plot still needs to improve and the need to wrap up every story in a single episode needs to stop.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You realize that Kanan surviving in space there was realistic right?

V-2 and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.