main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.03:"The Holocrons of Fate" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 8, 2016.
  1. 10

24.7%
  2. 9

31.8%
  3. 8

22.4%
  4. 7

10.6%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

1.2%
  7. 4

1.2%
  8. 3

1.2%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.2%
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    You don't die instantly upon entering the vacuum of space.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it's about 30 seconds until unconsciousness sets in.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  3. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    One of the best so far.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Realistic in what sense? How long can a human survive in space with no oxygen?

I'm pretty sure Kanan was outside longer than 30 seconds, right? Not to mention using up oxygen on his concentration of the Force.

5. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Well, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I personally regard as the definitive work on the subject, because it's slightly cheaper than the Encyclopedia Galactica, and has the words "Don't Panic" printed in large, friendly letters on the cover, says you can survive in the vacuum of space for about 30 seconds.

Of course a few seconds of Google searches also show that figure's closer to 15 seconds but still possible, so...

Well, in fairness the Guide does contain much that is apocryphal or, at least, wildly inaccurate, so what do I know?

In any case, 9/10 for me.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    9/10
    Decent solid episode. I love the foreshadowing of what's to come.

Erkan12 likes this.
  7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Feel free to re-watch the episode and time how long he's outside. I count about 22 seconds from the moment the airlock opens to when he re-enters the shielded hangar.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Again though, you have to take into account that he's using up oxygen just by concentration with the Force and waving his limbs around.

New edit: Interesting information on survival in vacuum of space without a suit.
    http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/09/long-survive-space-without-space-suit/

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    This was a 9 for me. I love the all the Force Lore we are getting. And the visions seen by Ezra and Maul definitely have given us all something to ponder on.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also take into account that Kanan is a person who can uses the force so who knows how long that may extend it.

11. Fuzzy ambassador

Fuzzy ambassador Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2012
    8/10 Really good episode! I think I liked it better than the premier. Again, loved Bendu (his voice is so cool.) Was happy to see Kanan and Ezra reach a harmonious state in their relationship. It was also nice to hear Ezra apologizing to Kanan . Thought that Maul was a bit over-the-top-cartoony villain, but yeah, I get that he's as crazy as a bedbug. I kind of liked the trippy photo-negative light effects on Ezra, Maul and Kanan at the end.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I first thought something was wrong with my computer when that happened. :p

13. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    So did Maul See Obi Wan or did Ezra See him or Luke in his Twin Suns vision?

14. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013

I hope not. There is no reason for him to be so surprised about it.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well yes there is seeing as how almost all the Jedi died.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It would've only made sense that Maul saw Obi Wan to warrant the kind of reaction he did.

17. Erkan12

Nov 27, 2013
    He didn't surprised to see Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka, why he would be ''so surprised'' about Kenobi ? Who should be more powerful than other Jedi Knights. I mean, yes he would be interested about Kenobi, but I don't think he should be excited over it.

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    The vacuum survival thing was fairly accurate; as long as you empty your lungs of air your chances of survival are quite decent. The suspension of disbelief part was him lucking out with the direction he chose to launch himself, and not coughing up parts of boiled lung afterwards. The vapour and frost on his body were nice touches of realism.

I'm spoiler free, so my mindless speculation as to who 'HE' who lives is comes down to a shortlist of 3 (or possibly 2): Kenobi (which would be a bit meh), Plagueis, or Snoke. There's the slimmest outside chance that it's Randy.

Did anyone else notice the TFA Kylo/FO musical reference?

19. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    There's also the possibility that he's found out about Qui Gon's partial Force Ghost status

Erkan12 likes this.
  20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I don't think Qui Gon was ever much of a formative influence on Maul in any continuity, but I guess that's an outside chance too.

21. Ando Calrissian

Ando Calrissian Jedi Padawan

Dec 19, 2015
    Loved it! But anytime Maul appears (or anything from Ep.1) I'm glued to the screen. I really hope he does mean Kenobi. They started Maul's return on Clone Wars with nods to 'Old Wounds' they should finish him by going back to the same (excellent) short story. Uncle Owen for the win!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Good Senator, I think I love you. :D

23. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    9/10 only points taking off for kannan going into the vaccum of space with his mouth open yet not dying and freezing. also loved the tease of maul/sabine history.
    cant wait for the final showdown between kenobi and maul

24. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Another solid one, though I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the premiere. It mostly continued the Kanan/Ezra thread, and so felt like an extension of Twilight of the Apprentice. It's appropriate, but it also doesn't feel there's much movement. I really like the narrative seed of Maul having ruled Mandalore, and his "tour" of the Ghost.

8/10

25. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    9/10 Very good episode, except for:
    a) Kanan going into the vacuum of space and having a pretty easy time to find his way back (for a blind man and a guy who was never great at TK). Scenes like those make the heroes look like unbreakable superheroes. Plus I don't like when they make being ejected to space look like swimming in freezing water.
    b) "He lives." I hope he is not talking about Kenobi.