main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.03:"The Holocrons of Fate" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 1, 2016.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Oct 8, 2016.
  1. 10

24.7%
  2. 9

31.8%
  3. 8

22.4%
  4. 7

10.6%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

1.2%
  7. 4

1.2%
  8. 3

1.2%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.2%
  1. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    A) I don't think he needed telekinesis to do what he did, just trigonometry. The unerring sense of direction can be explained away by him being a Jedi, but I'm not sure how good his eyes would have been if he could have seen anyway:

B) Agreed.

2. Zillobeast

Zillobeast Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 6, 2016
    I though I was the only one who did!

V-2 likes this.
  3. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    In the vacuum of space, the muscles start to atrophy within 15 seconds, followed quickly by unconsciousness, then your blood boils,organs start to explode, and you're dead within 30 seconds. Also, the vacuum pressure created by the airlock would have propelled him much further from the space station due to the imbalance between the pressurized station and the absence of pressure in the void of space. Not to mention, Kanan would not have just stopped like he did as there is no atmosphere to create resistance and allow him to stop himself as he did. Lastly, by the time he "stopped" himself, his muscles would have already begun to atrophy and he would not have been physically capable of "propelling" himself back to the station. Which is aside from the no atmosphere part again which gives no way for him to propel himself as he did.

So........to summarize, in other words, Kanan is dead. And not just dead, but DEAD, as in a bloated, floating in space DEAD Jedi.

4. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    Keep in mind that the guy who pushed him through that airlock was cut in half and thrown down a shaft of unknown but extreme depth... In comparison, Kanan's survival is far more believable. Star Wars in general hasn't been known for holding all that close to reality. And I mean after all, it is just a show. Who cares how accurate something is, as long as it isn't too far fetched and makes for good television. It wasn't like he was walking around and having a conversation like something out of LEGO's Yoda Chronicles. :p

As a general rule, TV is rarely 100% accurate and if you really thought about it, the majority of our favorite movie heroes would probably be dead.

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    NASA say you'd be helpless after 5-11 seconds, I don't think he was exposed for that long at all, plus he's got superpowers.

6. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    He is a Jedi with force abilities. This is not unprecedented as it was done in The Clone Wars also, and I imagine for a much longer period of time. The ability to use The Force allows you to do many things that would kill normal people. In this case it wasn't so extreme to be unbelievable.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll be honest, I'd have echoed Pretendalorian in the suggestion that the reality factor wouldn't have made that much of a difference to me in an animated TV show like Rebels; had it not been for the overhype of the Force Jump by Ahsoka in the "Future of the Force" episode. You can't defend one while blasting the other.

[​IMG]

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Am I the only who remembers Plo Koon just casually floating unprotected in space way back in S1 of TCW? His breathing device isn't even supposed to work that way! :p

Anyway- grade the episode thread, not discussion thread. ;)

Zillobeast likes this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    8/10
    + Bendu scenes
    + Holocron weirdness
    + Love the crew standing up to Maul but not able to beat him, I want more successful villains
    -/+ Fast pacing but I felt like it was the first part of an arc, so we'll see what happen next.
    -/+ I just hope Maul's vision is not about Obi-wan

In short, bring more Force lore and more Bendu, please?

10. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great continuation of the Maul storyline (I was honestly suprised to see him again so soon as I thought it would happen a bit later on during the season). Anyway, the plot of Kanan and Ezra being away on a missian and Maul meanwhile taking the rest of the Ghost crew hostage aboard the ghost and wanting to exchange them from the Sith holocron which Kanan left in the Bendu's care (oops) was really good, was well paced and had some very fine twists and turns including a very mysterious ending

Maul is a solid villain as usual (his tantrum as he couldn't open Kanan's jedi holocron was amusing) and I liked his reprogrammed tour guide droids armed with blasters (I like how they were made sorta threatening even though they looked kinda silly with the goofy viewscreen smiley faces and whatnot). I enjoyed Kanan being forced to go back to the Bendu to get the holocron (with Ezra in tow) and how they had to venture inside a krykna spider nest (again) to get it; I think it was a great pararell scenario to last season when they went inside a nest with weapons blazing but this time they had to leave the weapons outside and use only the Force (I loved all of the Bendu stuff again).

Kanan and Ezra then meeting Maul again was handled well and there was some good action throughout and some nice standout parts (Hera and the others trying to escape and outwit Maul was nice and the scene of Kanan getting shot out of the airlock and into space before managing to get inside again was intense and kinda dark). The climax of Maul and Ezra getting both holocrons to join together to reveal hidden secrets about "the key to destroy the Sith", "twin suns" and that someone certain is still alive to Maul's great joy (it's certainly intriguing) was a very good finale.

Anyway, it's a great episode that had few (if any) flaws and was even better than the season opener; the next part of Maul's story will be very interesting.

9/10

11. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    7/10

Good and interesting episode but very light on the action. Kanan and Ezra bonding was good to see. Hope the Holocrons joining/merging isn't hinting at Obi Wan and/or Luke because this series has had enough appearances by movie characters and it's almost bordering on becoming Star Wars: The OT Character Cameo Show.

12. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I liked this episode. I think the character of Bendu is visually cool and the idea of him is cool as well. Maul adds something to the episodes and I want to see more of him and Kanan but think that has a shelf life on it. Eventually they'll have to dump him (Maul). I haven't seen the 2nd episode yet, will tomorrow (on the TiVo), due to the show's time being messed up the 1st week. I did however like the holocron scene and am interested where this goes, hopefully somewhere good.

Erkan12 likes this.
  13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    They really should have just had Maul slaughter the entire crew, gimme a show around Maul dangit! :p

The Shadow Emperor likes this.