main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.04:"The Antilles Extraction" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 8, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Oct 15, 2016.
  1. 10

14.3%
  2. 9

16.9%
  3. 8

39.0%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

6.5%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.3%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "The Antilles Extraction" yet?​
    Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know!​
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!​
    Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.:)

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I really loved this episode, it was full of great action and I'm really happy we got to see more of Kallus. I thought Wedge and Hobbie were excellent and I'm excited to see more of Sabine!

(Also, someone gave it a 1.... Come on really?)

3. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    Solid 7 episode, glad we're getting consistent good ones so far

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    8 from me. Was really looking forward to this, and while I was expecting more it was still a fun watch.

+ Damn, the Empire were actually pretty threatening in this episode. I have a feeling Mr. Moustache will become a nemesis of Sabine's.
    + Kallus's sympathies towards the Rebellion has now been made official! He's definitely the new Fulcrum!
    + Surpise reveal of Pryce's skills! She's not your typical Imperial officer. I thought she was pretty scary in this episode.
    + ...but she's still no match for a Mandalorian! Sabine kicked her butt in a pretty cool unarmed fight sequence.
    + This pose:
    [​IMG]

- My biggest issue with this episode is that we have learnt absolutely NOTHING more on Sabine's first experience at the Academy. This was such a wasted opportunity for us to learn more.
    -The ending felt very rushed.

All in all, I still enjoyed it. I do think it could've been quite a bit better, though.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If I had to guess either troll or someone who has an obsession of hating the show.:p

I gave this one a 10/10 and you know I am a hard critic of this show. (Hahah)

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  6. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    8/10 way too rushed finale because I'd love to see Zeb's face

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I did want to see zeb's reaction to the event that transpired.

8. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    yeah that's what I meant, I'm just too tired to form a proper sentence :)

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I'm to tired to put spoiler tags, but we do what we have to to comment on the internet.

10. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10. I love Sabine episodes.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Was a flat out filler episode, this kinda episode makes you note its too rushed shoehorned. I give it a 6 1/2. Was fun but dumb.

yahiko likes this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I gave it a 7. Felt very rushed and I didn't like how convenient their rescue was at the end, or how Ezra's corvette was just as conveniently forced to retreat to allow the defectors to be captured. Not that their capture mattered in any way other than confirming Kallus isn't as loyal to the Empire anymore as he used to be. I also agree that there was an opportunity to explore Sabine's Imperial history which was missed - presumably so they could cram everything else in.

Order66Survivor and MandoArtist like this.
  13. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    + nice space battle at start, I'm glad to finally see TIE interceptors in action
    + good tension throughout episode, it actually felt like the characters were in danger
    + Governor Pryce is badass
    + I loved the scene between Sabine and Kallus, it was a nice progression from The Honourable Ones
    - I wish we got to see a scene between Sabine and Zeb at the end talking about Kallus at the end

9/10

Order66Survivor likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I give it a 10 for the easter eggs alone, especially the veteran TIE Interceptor pilot from the TIE fighter short animated film

15. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

This episodes was cool, but contained many flaws which is similiar to what you mean. I've stated this before.

*Yet again, no story arcs.
    *Yet again, someone is captured and then saved. Seriously, count the times that has happened in rebels, I predicted it when I started the episode.
    *Ezra and/or Kanan doing the saving/making it good again
    *Anakin 2.0

My biggest complaint about rebels currently is that Kanan and Ezra aren't progressing at all, people say for example "ezra has changed so much" but I don't believe they believe that themselves. In season 3 they just gave some sudden change, where he isn't flirting with sabine much, dark side, etc. They need to do something about them soon, as in killed off. Both. Kanan is also not learning anything big-new things. People are expecting cool things to happen, I'm just sitting here waiting for them to die as we are 3 years before Yavin already and there are unfinished stories of a jedi knight and a padawan Anakin 2.0.

Here is a good way to sum up how I feel about that:

They could've done something cool, they didn't succeed-- and now it's too late. Yavin too close. Therefore, I don't want to see more of Kanan and Ezra, I want more GCW-feeling and the rebellion. We saw that in this episode, now if they could just make story arcs and not the capture-saved loop, we're on the right track.

16. Zillobeast

Zillobeast Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 6, 2016
    7.9/10 (rounded to 8)

Expected this episode to be yet another filler episode that said "Let's back out of the original story and character arcs because look who it is! It's someone you know from the movies! Isn't that cool?", especially when coming of the heels of the amazing "Holocrons of Fate", and coming just before "Hera's Heroes", which will give us our first good look at what Thrawn can do. While it was filler, it was much better than expected, though still with massive flaws.

Pros:
    Sabine finally being the main focus of the episode.
    Agent Kallus, the traitor:nttrooper: ; also callback to his and Zeb's meeting.
    Loved how remorseless the Imperials, especially Pryce, were in this episode.
    Sabine-Pryce fistfight, something I'd NEVER expect to see on Disney XD till now.
    Finally some loss, with Wedge's friend dying.

Cons:
    Wedge's dead friend not being acknowledged as anything other than "We can't end up like him!". We never once see Wedge and Hobbie mourning about him.
    As much as this episode was focused on Wedge, he didn't do that much, instead just waiting on Sabine to rescue him. Particularly jarring if you remember what an ace he was in the OT, surviving all 3 major battles between the Rebels and Empire.
    Very rushed finale.
    Ezra forgoing all his development in "Holocrons" to once again become whiny and impatient.
    Vult Skerris had some awesome potential, being a no-nonsense TIE Fighter equivalent of the Red Baron. Instead, we get to see him comically intercepted by the Ghost and foiled.

17. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I gave it a 8/10.
    this is exactly the type of episode that makes me wish Rebels was more like TCW which had story arcs that lasted more than 1 episode. Or that this show was 40 minute episodes instead of 21 min.:p

18. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Gave this an 8. Not bad, but it felt sort of rushed. I hope that this is the start of an arc (or arcs) involving Wedge and Hobbie and not just a one off which says "Look at who we got for this episode!" and we then never see them again.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it a 9/10. Probably my favorite Rebels episode to date that didn't involve Ahsoka. I'm glad Sabine got her moment to shine independently. She certainly kicked some butt against Governor Price. Of course I liked Wedge's introduction. Not sure if it's only a cameo for him (like Leia) or if he may be a regular. I'd like to see some acknowledgement of Tattooine; possibly even Luke (can you say "Twin Sons?) I'll be honest, I don't know if it was established long ago or if it's part of the new cannon, but I never knew that Wedge was an Imperial pilot. Good episode.

20. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    8/10 - good but as others mentioned a bit rushed. Prob would have benefited from being a 2 part episode.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    See you can like the show without Ahsoka :p

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Just because the Ahsoka episodes of Rebels were among my favorite, doesn't mean I liked them because she was in them.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  23. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Agree they missed a great option to reveal some of Sabine's past.
    I assume they thought she wouldn't be recognised because of the hair dye and the helmet she wears!
    This might have worked better if she was captured and the Imperials were using captured Rebels as live targets for their pilots.
    Having Wedge and Hobbie revealed as veterans of that program with Kallus or whoever Fulcrum was decided to help them as he didn't agree with the moustache guy's training methods.
    Highlight the moustache guy wants Wedge dead but unwilling to just kill has to drive him into the ground so one of his recruits can do what he can't.
    Sorry I keep veering towards darker ideas for this episode, I did like it just don't agree with their thinking.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was only a joke.

25. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    9/10 for wedge, Sabine/Pryce fight, and consistency in comparative TIE capabilities.