main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.04:"The Antilles Extraction" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 8, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Oct 15, 2016.
  1. 10

14.3%
  2. 9

16.9%
  3. 8

39.0%
  4. 7

18.2%
  5. 6

6.5%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

1.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.3%
  1. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    8/10 Really liked this one! Sabine was great in it. I thought it was cool to see the flight academy and the simulators they used to train the pilots. Pryce was really awesome in this episode. Interesting to see Kallus help and I wonder if he actually is Fulcrum. Only complaint I guess would be slightly rushed at the end.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    6/10 and I'm being generous. I guess Wedge and Hobbie are to be important characters in Rebels, otherwise that was 20 minutes spent on a lot of nothing. The reveal of the new Fulcrum was worthwhile, and it will be interesting to see if Kallus has actually turned or not, but that stuff was pre-empted/spoiled in the season trailer so maybe it lost some dramatic impact for me.

yahiko and Master_Rebado like this.
  3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Another 10. I'm loving this season FAR more than the previous two! :D

4. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    7/10. Sabine finally got to do something useful, Kallus is back! YES., there being multiple Fulcrums at the same time means any or all theories as to the newest could be correct or wrong. On the other hand, have to echo the rushed feeling and whilst it was fun to see Wedge starting out, Hobbie literally didn't do anything. At all. Pointless fanservice is pointless.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we know why they had tie advances though?

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    TIE Interceptors? Presumably the TIE, having been in service for over 15 years, is getting supplemented by more advanced designs that have just entered service.

whostheBossk and Master_Rebado like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If they are not its not even filler its just more pointless

8. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I love this one, even after two viewings. I think the season was due for a narrative shift, and that the Kanan/Ezra thread still works. I like the point in the trivia gallery about Ezra's concern being similar to Kanan's in Breaking Ranks, reflecting the progression for each of them.

The nods to Season 1, ANH, and TFA (the ones I noticed) are a nice touch. Skystrike Academy is great. I think the design even adds to the tension of the scenario, especially in the hangars.

Then there's Sabine. Yeah, it's a shame no backstory is divulged, but I love what is there anyway. In fact, Sabine's exchange with Skerris (and with Wedge in the same scene) feels like it might as well be a flashback. She seems mostly at ease in the academy, though I think she does have some anxiety, like when she mimes handing over the ID card. Her expression in the pod, after Kanan and Ezra escape the scene, is a poignant moment, perhaps including a fear about her original escape failing. The fight with Pryce is awesome, and I feel like the overall showing from Pryce in this episode bodes well for what Thrawn will do.

10/10

Iron_lord and Order66Survivor like this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wasn't there only the one with Wedge where he says I can fly anything? were there more TFA references?

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    8/10
    Great TIE fighter action. Good character development for Sabine.
    Heros escape just a bit too easily.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I feel like I also started S2 giving all the episodes 8/10. :p

But no this was fun. It's been one thing bringing back TCW characters, but whenever Rebels expands upon movie characters it's just a real treat, and this was no different with the inclusion of Wedge and Hobbie. The insight into life at an actual imperial academy was really cool, especially with the inclusion of the simulator pods.

12. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Wedge is the perfect character for this show. Hopefully he is front and center for the Rebellion. Obviously the Ghost Crew is the focus point of Rebels but they integrated Rex well and Wedge Antilles is a perfect opportunity to use an established OT character at their pleasure...and it will fit!

Ever since Kallus and Zeb were stranded together, I've absolutely loved the Imperial agent. I sense the Rebellion in his future.

I loved Sabine totally owning Pryce, but also wouldn't have minded seeing some backbone and fortitude from the Empire with Sabine imprisoned at the end of the episode. I don't mind carry over arcs as long as they don't needlessly run past their due time. Sabine has so much back story to explore, really they all do which is a big task given the integration of so many characters outside the "main" season 1 crew. Like Maul, Thrawn, Leia, Lando, Vader, Wedge, Rex, etc. My hope is Obi-Wan joins this list.

Great episode though. Voted 8 in the poll. Wouldn't mind seeing a stronger presence from non-Thrawn/Tarkin Empire personnel. This show has a lot of balls in the air and it's very, very exciting for fans!

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Something I did also like the second time I watched was Hobee or however You province his name.

14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Yeah, I think it's just that one. I meant references in general, with one to TFA.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah okay that makes sense.

16. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Another great episode; I wouldn't say it was as solid overall as the previous one (Holocrons Of Fate) and more of a 'regular' episode but I still think it was really quite good and had a lot of good stuff. The plot about Sabine infiltrating the Skystrike academy for TIE fighter pilots to help a group of defectors to escape and join the Rebels was one I really enjoyed and it was pulled off quite well; also, to have an episode like this essentially centered around the life of TIE pilots was really interesting and how we got a look into their training under senior TIE pilots who serve as their instructors was very nice too (all while knowing that they are essentially disposable suicide pilots, which obviously wasn't stated here); I also liked that we got to see the TIE Interceptor for the first time on the series.

I think it was great that Sabine got a lot to do and kicked some serious butt (and she rocked in what I assume is her natural hair color), but was kinda disappointing that we didn't get any character development for her and heard nothing about her past as a cadet but it still worked. It was cool to see Wedge and Hobbie appear on the show even though they didn't get much to do and were a bit bland but I liked seeing them here and getting to see them jump ship. Governor Pryce was good as the big bad of the episode and it was surprising to find out that she's a great hand-to-hand combatant which made her more unique. One of my favorite parts was definitely Kallus helping Sabine, Wedge and Hobbie to escape and telling the former to send regards to Zeb all due to his change of heart last season after his adventure with Zeb; that was a great moment.

There was a lot of good action (the TIE scenes were all good and the Sabine vs. Pryce fight was pretty cool) and the story was told really well despite being a bit underdeveloped and somewhat rushed, especially towards the end (where I waited for a scene of Sabine telling Zeb about Kallus helping them), but it was still a very good episode which had a lot of stuff I liked a lot.

8/10

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    9/10

Great episode but it seemed too short IMO.

18. Shapcah

Shapcah Jedi Knight

Oct 27, 2015
    Agree, seams abit rushed at times, soo much past, present and future in this episode :)

Sendt fra min EVA-L09 med Tapatalk

19. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I just caught this episode today (I know, late)! I liked it but I really like Sabine. I really like catching how she responds on her own and seeing the extent of her skills as well. I hope we see this more in future episodes. More so though it's cool seeing the background of a classic character. It adds to Canon, which can only be cool. The behind the ep feature on the XD app also was enlightening so you can see the thinking behind it.

10/10