main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.06:"The Last Battle" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 22, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Oct 29, 2016.
  1. 10

31.0%
  2. 9

21.1%
  3. 8

15.5%
  4. 7

16.9%
  5. 6

8.5%
  6. 5

1.4%
  7. 4

1.4%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.8%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "The Last Battle" yet?​
    Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all?Let us know!​
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!​
    Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.:)

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    A good episode 10/10
    Nostalgia is a great factor

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10

It felt like watching the Clone Wars again.

4. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    10/10
    I can tell the team had a lot of fun putting this episode together, probably even more fun that we had watching it. Seriously, this is a quality episode.

5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    not letting the nostalgia cloud my mind on this one. 6/10, felt like a filler. Good humor I guess, but that's what holds up this episode. I feel like they could have done something much better for a "Rex Episode"

6. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    How is this episode filler? It expanded on Kanan and Rex's relationship, showing how much it's developed since they first met in season 2. It also provided some form of closure (both for the characters and the audience) regarding the events of the Clone Wars. Finally, it showed the crew getting a replacement Phantom. All in all it was arguably an important episode that involved both story and character development, regardless of nostalgia.

7. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    6/10. Good episode but disappointing that the 2 AT-ATs, 2 AT-STs and troopers posed no issues to the rebels. It's getting a bit ridiculous, to be honest. Just watched the OT on Sky today, and the cartoon series is way too disconnected in 'reality' from the OT. And as others keep saying, Ezra and Kanan need to 'disappear' one way or another very very soon.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  8. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

10/10 best episode of Rebels so far, delivered everything i could ever have wanted from an episode where the CIS return, and also works nicely as an end to TCW that we never got since it was cancelled.

The animation in Rebels is just getting better and better, the look of one of the battledroids after it had been destroyed stood out to me
    [​IMG]

The characters were great as usual, especially loved the two times where Rex lashed out on Ezra, especially the first one where Ezra isnt taking the droids seriously. Since Rex fought in countless battles where the droids were responsible for the deaths of millions of clones, make this a very good scene in my opinion. Karan didnt stand out as much, but was still good EDIT Especially his relations with Rex

The interaction between the stormtroopers and the droids was interesting, since it implies the empire finds old battle droids regularly enough that they destroy. I have a feeling they added this scene to have an explanation why we don't see a trace of the battledroids in the original trilogy, because the empire has by then rounded up the vast majority and destroyed them. I remember some people thinking that since in TCW there were millions of battledroids fighting on countless planets, that there should be some trace of them in the original trilogy, and I'm glad we finally have a canon answer for that question.

The droids were great, as i expected them to be. Loved that they were competent enough to capture the Rebels, but still had plenty of humor, which was nice.. The choice of design for the droids were also great, because they look much more like they do in the Prequels than the stylized version used in the clone wars. Only thing to complain about is why there were only B1s and droidekas, but i will get to that. Speaking of the droidekas, compared to the regular b1´s, they haven't aged well, at least they´re shields haven't. I guess thats another plus for the b1´s, both cheap and are able to work without problems for years.

Kalani was just like in TCW, a great character, and i can't wait to see him in another episode. His interaction with Zeb was also pretty funny. Also, what i found interesting was that both Rex and Kalani were found on desert like planets, both living in old clone wars era ships/tanks , and had to at the end, fight the empire to survive. Im so happy he survived,i hope we will see him again in future episodes.

Since there were no B2 battledroids, commando battledroids, or magna guards, this felt more like the Trade federation from TPM , than the the CIS. But i don't really have a problem with that.

The music... when the battle of christophis started playing, the nostalgia hit me hard. I remember back to when i watched TCW movie for the first time. I can't believe that was eight years ago.

The reference to the battle of Geonosis was great. I saw a comment wondering why Rex didnt mention Umbara, since that is sometimes deemed more troublesome than Geonosis, but what that person must not have remembered was that the battle of umbara did not have Rex fight battledroids, he was instead up against the native umbarans.

Im also curious what battle of Geonosis Rex thought was worse, since I'm assuming he participated in the first battle of Geonosis. Since it was his first real battle, i can see him choosing the first.

Also, just for anyone wondering, the battledroids alone would have made this episode a 10/10 for me

The Rebels team truly made this episode an incredibly entertaining, nostalgic, and beautiful episode.

And the ending, with the clone wars styled "Star Wars Rebels" , and the clone wars music, was beautiful. Makes this episode feel special compared to the others, which it was.

If the rest of the season is this good, then its the best season yet
    [​IMG]

9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this episode does nothing to move forward the plot of the series. It's a spinoff adventure for the Ghost crew, so its basically a filler.

10. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

I would say this episode shows character development for both Rex and Kanans character, and Ezra when Rex lashed out on him about the clone wars. They also got a replacement for the phantom , which i would say is enough to move forward the plot of the series and not have this episode be filler

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    9/10

Great throwback episode to The Clone Wars. Especially great were Rex's moments of almost PTSD-like symptoms, showing while he's still able-minded nowadays, the war really did take a toll on him, and seeing all these Separatist things triggers dark memories of his time in the GAR. And Kalani was cool, keeping in line with previous depictions of him and the STDs.

CIS Droid likes this.
  12. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    10/10
    Nostalgia Overload

When the Clone Wars battle music played it put a huge smile on my face. Not to mention basically every Clone Wars aspect of the episode.

The end title with the music also made me tear up a little.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Once one gets over the fact that this was a big TCW nostalgia trip, I thought it was still a good episode; but I preferred the premiere and Holocrons of Fate. I'll give this one a 7.

Pretendalorian and CIS Droid like this.
  14. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Didnt you already give it a 9? Can you change it?

For me, i thought the premiere was good, but not as good a followup to the great season 2 finale i would have hoped. Hollocrons of fate was great though.

15. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    10/10 because I loved TCW. But still a very good episode! Also it was a pretty funny episode. But I liked seeing Ezra's feelings and thoughts about the Clone Wars contrasted with Rex's and Kalani's.

CIS Droid likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Yep, as a mod I am able to change my score [face_mischief]

CIS Droid likes this.
  17. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Ah, so its one of the perks of being a mod, thats neat:)

18. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Not a huge fan of TCW so without nostalgia it's 7,5/10 from me - Ezra and his sudden wisdom annoyed me but I really liked Rex and Kanan. Also of course "Who's Roger?" XD

19. Shapcah

Shapcah Jedi Knight

Oct 27, 2015
    Loved it! So nice when they show us glimpse of what has become of some of the cw characters :)

CIS Droid likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is that why you changed your avatar so literally everyone has to read your name or else they'll think your Todd? :p
    he is not a mod

CIS Droid likes this.
  21. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    This episode wasn't even bad, I see some calling it filler, and you know what, it probably was made to fill episode space. But you can tell some real care was put into it. Some amazing visual shots as well, some good cinematography. Rex suddenly having PTSD or whatever it was, was fine I guess. I gave it a 7

22. Sow

Sow Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    10/10

+ Something deeper than simple bad guys (empire) vs the good guys (aka terrorists aka Rebels), although it started with another "get stuff for the rebelion" and it have happy end with no downside (yeah those missiles so needed). Usually alliances and all those "we have to work together" seem forced and don't really fell either necessary or beneficial to both sides (except for few like ventress & kenobi vs horny brothers) but this time with Ezra explanation it seemed quite logical
    + pretty good amount of action
    + Great Ideas
    + A lot of flashbacks(not literal like in anime), we got something new while paying respect and remembering & slightly concluding the good old (TCW)
    + CIS (duh)
    + Despite all the action still few remarkable funny moments (Zeb & Kalani, CIS never fail to amuse)
    + Great overall tactic and the episode was written really well
    + Quite a good amount of character development for Rex
    + Ezra getting smarter and speaking wisely (at least most of the time)
    + The crew & droids team up
    + Kalani analise on all that stuff
    + Replacement for phantom + we will have it painted Sabine style

- Kanan, you're supposed to be blind for ... sake, how comes you run full speed without any hesitation and know exactly where to move, when to cover, where the droids are?
    - 1 hit on rex would be enough, and even if those blasters are weak and his armor is well made he could at least pretend it did something more than tickling him. Limping for few sec maybe?
    - uhm... since droids are bad at aiming and rex is sniping stuff like a pro why not simply let him shoot at those missiles directly instead of risking possible injury or damage to droids? Is jedi deflect aiming really better than made to be perfect soldiers clones? And don't go with "he's old", we all know the older the better (manga cliche duh)

A lot of good things in this episode with very few things that didn't worked perfectly, to me for now it's the best one in this season (we had a lot of good ones, nostalgia glasses though).

TheOneX_Eleazar and CIS Droid like this.
  23. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015
    Oh... since i know who ImNotAStarWarsFanboy is from previous conversations, this is a bit embarrassing.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What? Voter fraud? Nah, that's not a thing. ;)

TheOneX_Eleazar and CIS Droid like this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Don't worry about it.
    Definitely not.......

Anyway if I take away the nostalgia from the rating its still a good enough episode because there is character development and
    they got a new phantom and maybe a new Allie if they ever find Kalani

CIS Droid likes this.