main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.08: "Iron Squadron" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 19, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Nov 26, 2016.
  1. 10

4.4%
  2. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8

17.6%
  4. 7

14.7%
  5. 6

13.2%
  6. 5

16.2%
  7. 4

17.6%
  8. 3

4.4%
  9. 2

5.9%
  10. 1

5.9%
  1. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    3/10

I liked the Iron Squadron's Astromech Droid and the fact that Thrawn and Sato know each other but other than that I just did not enjoy it. The Empire was defeated too easily (even by this show's normal standards), the Iron Squadron kids were annoying to me, and there was just no peril in this episode whatsoever.

And I was disappointed that Thrawn was barely in this episode.

2. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    This was like, they picked the worst things about different Rebels episodes and threw them together into a single episode, All In One! Flat characterization, lack of tension, no dramatic weight to their actions, poor dialogue, Imperials are Incompetent, dumb tactics, dull story, repetitive conflict, Everything Gets Revolved In the End.

It still had some good stuff though. I liked that Thrawn and Sato have an history. Zeb’s “ship full of Ezras” line was gold. The animation was very good, it almost made Rebels vs Dumb Imperials for the millionth time look almost interesting. So… 4/10 I guess.

3. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    6/10

middle of the road average for me. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. Extra point for flinging explosive cargo about. I thought that was kinda nifty.

4. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    This is odd, I'm actually rating it higher than most. Usually I'm on the low end. 8/10

5. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm a good guy
    7/10

6. Invisible Shadow

Invisible Shadow Jedi Padawan

Nov 19, 2016
    Indeed weakest of the season so far but I liked it.
    7/10

7. Save The Children

Save The Children Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2014
    I don't get how people can call this the worst episode and give it a 7. Everything else has to fit within 8-9-10?

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    4/10

This was a really formulaic episode, but the worst part was Mart Mattin. The other members of Iron Squadron I kinda like. I love the design on Goti. Lucasfilm animation really outdo themselves when it comes to theelins. The R3's sounds made me feel nostalgic for the first season of "The Clone Wars". BUT that Mart kid... wow... WORST CHARACTER on "Rebels". They have never had such an obnoxious and unlikable character before. This character has no redeeming qualities. He only served one purpose and that was to show us how the Loth-rat Ezra has grown over the seasons.
    The skirmish in space was done very well. "Rebels" is very good at space combat and animating ships. BUT that Mart kid... WHY!?

9. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    5/10; barely failing because I do have to give some credit for the improved and lovely animation. I am very tired of the conveniences on this show . Last-second escapes were par for the course on TCW, too, but Rebels takes them to a new level. The way to show peril effectively isn't to put characters in situations that they should die from, and miraculously don't die, again and again. If we accept (and reasonably so), that we're not going to see crew members die, how about actually showing us how the Galaxy is suffering, and therefore the Ghost Crew needs not just to survive, but to succeed at their missions? That would be a viable alternative. Even the elementary school boys I hang with rolled their eyes at the refusing-to-explode mine. And, they felt sorry for Konstantine. Is this the nucanon way that Thrawn gets his promotions? By sabotaging other Imperial officers? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if he is exiled or offed as a result of his interactions with them, rather than how he interacts with the good guys.

10. Fiachra

Fiachra Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2016
    Dreadful. Another annoying brat. Another single episode story that contributes nothing and goes nowhere. On reflection my 1 point was a bit harsh, I would up it to maybe 3. Disney needs to loosen the purse strings and step back, let Filoni and Lucas run free on the show so we can get back to the greatness of the late Clone Wars seasons.

11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Not a great episode but I enjoyed it for what it was (and it definitely felt like a Season 1 throwback episode). I liked the story of the Iron Squadron gang having put up a stand against the Empire for some time when the Ghost crew arrives and helps them; it was nothing special and pretty basic but it was told well and had some entertaining aspects, such as the Iron Squad gang (not the most deep characters but they were pretty likeable) and their ship which is literally a failing piece of junk (and I also liked the uncle-nephew connection between their leader Mart Mattin and rebel commander Jun Sato); Thrawns small involvement and Konstantine having a bigger role was also good (as was the Thrawn-Sato enmity reveal), there was some decent space battle action & Zeb's "Ship full of Ezras" comment was funny.

Maybe I'm being too generous as the episode was like one of the weaker first season episodes and likely my least favorite of the season 3 episodes thus far, but I still found it to be a pretty entertaining and a nice little filler-ish story (if the Iron Squadron gang returns it's definitely not complete filler) so I don't think it's an awful episode, it's just not as good as a lot of the other ones.

7/10

V-2 likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Looking at the grades for this episode it is one of the worst ever for the show.