main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.09: "The Wynkahthu Job" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 26, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 3, 2016.
  1. 10

1.8%
  2. 9

5.3%
  3. 8

24.6%
  4. 7

35.1%
  5. 6

8.8%
  6. 5

12.3%
  7. 4

5.3%
  8. 3

1.8%
  9. 2

3.5%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    rebels-s3-new-looks.jpg
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "The Wynkahthu Job" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all?Let us know. Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why! Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.:)

2. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    8/10
    Even though this was a sort of pointless filler episode, Hondo was great and the animation was great. Fun episode nonetheless.

3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    9/10
    I wanted to give 8 but extra point is for blind jokes - FINALLY XD
    Also I liked that sudden sadness when Hondo talks about friendship at the end. He had friends and he had a crew and he lost everyone and everything. Is this why he can't stay away from the Ghost crew? He sees what he had?

Grey Matter and DarthAnakin96 like this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    7/10

This was alright, fun and exciting even though it was very small-scale. The mixture of supply run and race-against-time plots was pretty cool, adding some tension to the episode, which builds off the tension of working with two unpredictable scoundrels.

Grey Matter likes this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Gave it a 4. Too much of a waste your time skit.

Rax likes this.
  6. Houle

Houle Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 3, 2016
    Again, 5/10
    It's fine, but it adds nothing to the overall story and the Darktroopers were a bit underused imho.

7. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012
    I gave it 7/10, it was pretty average and nothing really stood out as particularly good or bad. I don't like Azmorigan's character, I hope we never see him again. I was happy to see AP-5 again, but then disappointed with how unreliable this made him look. Why did Kanan stay on the ship during the mission? Hera needed to stay to pilot the ship, Sabine grabbed stuff as they passed it to her, but Kanan literally just sat there until the very end of the episode, I wish he went with them. I was happy to see Hondo again, and it was interesting seeing how Ezra reacted to Zeb being put in charge of the mission. I was disappointed to see Zeb knocked out yet again, for such a big tough guy I wish he could take a hit without going unconscious.

8. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    4/10

Only good thing was dark troopers and Hondo reappearing. Another pointless and mostly boring, non exciting episode. Rebels is based on filler episodes by now, I dislike fillers.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    7/10 and this is on my new grading system of actually grading. :p
    It wasn't filler so that was good enough and Hondo was a good hoot.

10. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    7/10

It didn't further the Thrawn/Maul/Bendu storylines, but Hondo is always good for a laugh and the episode itself was pretty entertaining. The Dark Troopers were cool, if a little underused.

11. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    Gary Whitta guest wrote this episode and unfortunately I think that's why the characters are a bit off. Ezra's reaction to Zeb being in command would have fit much better when he was being corrupted by the holocron. It also bothered me that Kanan made an upset face when Hondo said the word "blind". Sight and seeing metaphors are incredibly common in the english language so I don't understand what the problem is for a Jedi trained to be selfless.
    I didn't like the security bots because A) They look way too expensive to be on every cargo ship. B) It's another thing taken from the old EU that just plunges the canon even deeper beneath Legend's shadow.
    I gave the episode a 6/10 because despite all my gripes it was pretty exciting and funny by the end.

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Then I am certainly not liking Whitta writing SW.

13. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I gave it a 10 because this was a fun episode with Hondo goodness.

14. Save The Children

Save The Children Jedi Padawan

Oct 20, 2014
    This filler episode was better than last weeks. 6/10.

Where is Azmorigan, he has been gone a long time. Er, about 30 seconds actually. Horrible pacing.

If this a 10/10 you must be using a broken scale.

15. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    6/10. Better than last week's. Hondo was entertaining, as was the whole using the cables to send up the cargo bit. Decently tense, actually.

Always room for improvement though.

16. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    7/10. It doesn't advance the main plot but I enjoyed the "tale" of this one.

+It was nice seeing Azmorigan again. He's quite entertaining.
    +References all the way back in Season One. Man how time has passed. I actually kinda miss the tone of that season.
    +Hera was losing her mind this episode. Lol.
    +Zeb's turn taking on higher responsibilities!
    +The episode was quite tense near the end.
    +Darktroopers certainly look cool.
    +The lighting inside the cargo ship hallways was very good.

-Ezra was quite annoying at the start.
    -Hondo getting NO treasure at the end, and how much of it was left to its doom left me very unsatisfied.
    -Blind joke was a bit forced.
    -Darktroopers aren't as tough as I thought they'd be.

Clearly another "filler". But I prefer the term "character development".

La Calavera, V-2 and SilentGuy66 like this.
  17. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Hondo is in this one. 8/10

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    8/10
    A fun episode that doesn't take itself too seriously.

V-2 likes this.
  19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    9/10 for me. Good fun episode just like Brothers of the Broken Horn and the Rebels came away with the proton bombs they couldn't acquire in the last battle so it had an important contribution to the overall plot. Those proton bombs will come in handy for assaulting the Imperial factory on Lothal.

20. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    As I said earlier, better than last show (3/10), this one sits at 5/10. Into the third season of a presumably 4-season series, Rebels needs to pick up the pace and importance very soon. If we didn't have so much fluff built into the past 3 seasons, LFL could have tied this show to Rogue One so seamlessly. Oh well.

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    8/10. It was alright, I liked it better then last week's episode.

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    What is your basis for saying Rebels will end after its fourth season? Just curious.

23. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    They're only 2 years away from ANH.

24. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014

Nothing concrete, just what others have mentioned on the forums. Regardless, I do wish the series led directly into Rogue One, as it would have given people even more reason to watch Rebels as a precursor of sorts to the movie.

25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Are you being serious right now? The Clone Wars was only 3 years long and yet they were writing scripts for at least 8 seasons of TCW.