main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.09: "The Wynkahthu Job" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Nov 26, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 3, 2016.
  1. 10

1.8%
  2. 9

5.3%
  3. 8

24.6%
  4. 7

35.1%
  5. 6

8.8%
  6. 5

12.3%
  7. 4

5.3%
  8. 3

1.8%
  9. 2

3.5%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    And we saw how that turned out. It's obvious Rebels won't be that long. They had 19 years of material, but they skipped 14 and in 2 seasons covered 3 of remaining 5. I say wrap it up with season 4 and move on to show set in ST.

V-2 likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They won't set it in the ST at least until episode 9 is a few years in the bank. I don't think we will get another show until 2020.

3. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think we'll get a show set post-Jedi after or around the release of Episode 8, with Rebels ending with Season 4. There's a huge chunk of material that can be explored in those three decades between sagas.

CIS Droid and Zejo the Jedi like this.
  4. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Yeah, that's what i meant, lol.

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Standard 8/10 from me. Another fun romp that's low on plot and high on nostalgia. The writing was quite dense and compressed to keep the pace up, but at the expense of logic. Some scenes seemed unbalanced in the ways they were edited too. Ezra's character development as narrated by the grown-ups seemed ham fisted to say the least. The visual idiom gags were anti-funny, the physics was very, very bad, and the missing Ugnaut bit was predictable, but hey, this is for kids and it's Star Wars.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 5/10. It's just another "filler" episode; with really nothing that adds to the story besides gaining a few proton bombs for the rebellion. I loved Hondo's character in TCW, but to me he's nothing more than the comic relief in Rebels. If the Ghost Crew needs something to salvage off a planet or abandoned ship, then he'll show up. I'll be lowering my expectations for the next two episodes until the mid-season break; that way I could pleasantly surprised if it's an episode I'd want to rewatch again.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  7. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    7/10
    Surprisingly good. Great to see Zeb as the leader. Not so great to see Ezra so unusually insufferable. There is fine line between “obnoxious but understandable” and “someone shoot this kid asap!”. Hondo and Azmorigan duo was fun to watch. Disappointed they resorted to "other partner hidden inside the treasure" cliche. They did the same in TCW.

One thing I didn't get, is how come an Imperial ship gets stuck in an atmosphere storm (or whatever that was) and can’t get out, but the Ghost has seemingly no problems in navigating through there?

Fuzzy ambassador likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ^^ Hondo explained it. He and his crew had disabled the cargo ship with ion cannons, causing it to lose control and begin its drift into the atmosphere and the maelstrom within.

CIS Droid and La Calavera like this.
  9. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    6/10

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Thanks, I missed that.

11. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah the premise doesn't seem to make much sense... If they're deep enough (and therefore moving slowly enough) to be exposed without any life support apparatus then presumably the ship is still generating some sort of lift/propulsion and could feasibly be towed using those unbreakable cables that were dragging the Ghost down at the end. Otherwise they're travelling at re-entry speeds through very thin unbreathable atmosphere into a correspondingly thin and not-so-perilous storm.

The story could have been less far fetched if they suited up for the EVAs and showed the ship burning and breaking up in the heat and turbulence of re-entry for a long time, but that would require a lot more animation assets, I guess. And only very strange people care about this stuff, apparently.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    4/10. More filler. Hondo and his tricks and cons and double crossing are becoming tedious now. The only plus point of this episode is its noticeable how much better the animation is becoming. These kind of episodes just aren't driving the series forward for me.

13. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Unfortunately, I agree - I don't like to post negative reviews, but this filler episode felt like a 4-5. I did enjoy the Imperial droids and when Ezra swung on Zeb's back with his lightsaber, but those moments were fleeting.

14. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
  15. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    This got a 5/10 from me. Nothing special in my book, even for a Hondo episode. Little disappointed we are getting these episodes that don't really further the plot with Rogue One rapidly approaching.

16. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    6. It was less terrible than I thought it would be. I didn't like the plot or the inconsistently dangerous storm. I really liked Zeb's leadership. I liked the door. I liked the Hondo quote about some of the truth is better than none of the truth, which is what I used to give you. Need to use that on my mother sometime.

V-2 likes this.
  17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    7/10 - a step up from last episode, more filler but I liked having an episode where Zeb got to lead.

18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    A simple but fun and enjoyable episode overall; it's definitely more filler-ish than the previous one as this didn't further the story of the season but I still liked it. Hondo is a fun character as usual (but I hope he won't become used too much) and him teaming up with the even more crooked Azmorigan (who's a lot more bumbling than before) was interesting and having them and the Ghost crew cooperate to pull off a dangerous cargo salvage mission aboard an unmanned Imperial transport that's aimlessly flying around above an atmospheric storm on Wynkathu was a good plotline.

It was reminiscent of the first season with the proton bombs being important and Ezra being like his old smartalecky self & there was some pretty good humor (such as with the conflict-filled dynamic between Hondo and Melch the Ugnaught & the door debacle which was a good joke) as well as action (the battle against the Imperial sentinel droids that accidentally became activated due to their trespassing; those were pretty cool, but they should just outright have been called Darktroopers).

So overall, it was not a great episode but quite entertaining and had a lot of stuff I liked; the whole sentinel droid climax was likely my favorite part but I also really liked Zeb having the leader role while being surrounded by Hondo's group as well as Ezra who is sucking up to the pirate. Again, it's an good and fun episode, but I hope the next one will tie into the overaching plot more.

7/10

19. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I thought I heard that name right. It seemed a little weird to me that a species that probably can't even pronounce an "l" sound would have a character named Melch. Then, the nine-year-old in my household reminded me that Melch is the first name of the Mandalorian instructor in The Wrath of Darth Maul. I'm all for "mining the EU" for good ideas like Malachor and Thrawn, but I wonder if we'll see more stuff like this... grabbing a name or a location because it "sounds cool" and tagging it onto something in canon that's completely unrelated. (Brief pause as Miri attempts to switch over to a more positive outlook). I suppose it could be viewed as a game like finding visual Easter eggs.

20. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    Names are not unique and not every coincidence is a callback.