main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.11: "Visions and Voices" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 10, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 17, 2016.
  1. 10

34.3%
  2. 9

35.8%
  3. 8

16.4%
  4. 7

11.9%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    DavrelKex

Please do not double post ad it counts as Spam. Use the edit button to avoid double posting. Or wait until someone else posts after you before you post again. However if you wait until it's been over a day and no one else posts after you then you may post once more to keep the conversation going.

2. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    V-2 Hey, no need to diss us lightsaber fanatics!
    Holiday Special, Ewok movies, Ewoks & Droids tv shows and Clone Wars (2003) are all non canon.

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That said, they are still being drawn from - Screed (Droids series) appears in the newcanon novel Tarkin, the crashed Acclamator on Hypori (2003 CW) is referenced in the newcanon novel Rogue One: Catalyst, Duloks (Ewoks series) are referenced in Galactic Atlas, as are Gorax (Ewoks movies).

4. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Gave it a 7. Much better, LFL. But sad that it seems to only get better at the beginning and ending of a season (or season break). The more I watch, the more I realize I only give a crap about Sabine, as I believe she can leave the group and do great things on Mandalore. Everyone else needs to be pushing daisies soon. I will be sad to see Hera go, but she has that martyr personality, so it will happen.

5. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I think you mean figuratively. :p

It's a significant MacGuffin, for sure, but there's been no real quest to find it. It's not been established as pivotal to the plot of Rebels (or TCW, really).
    I didn't think I disrespected or disparaged lightsabre fanatics, but sorry if it came over that way.

How can the Ewok movies be non canon? This is an outrage!

6. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    V-2 From 1977 to April 25th 2014 - only 6 movies and 6 seasons of The Clone Wars are canon. It's brutal, but LFL wanted to get rid of the old canon system and only have 1 canon/continuity. But old stuff can still get canonized if its reintroduced in the new material.

7. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    7/10, better than previous episodes but sadly this stands out as the weakest season overall on current form. On the other hand, it seems that Rebels is going to be increasingly reliant on themes, ideas and characters introduced in other series to tell it's own story - we've got Maul, Kenobi, the Darksaber/Mandalore thread... I like that it can draw on the whole expanded universe idea but by and large with only one or two exceptions the Rebels characters are just not as interesting as their TCW counterparts were three seasons in.

On the other hand, The Bendu is probably my new favourite character, so there's that.

8. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    This episode was really one of the best ones this season. They're really setting up a final confrontation between Maul and Kenobi.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

And how does Kanan know how to use it?

10. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    It's still a form of lightsaber. Kanan has had plenty of experience with "bladed weapons." Sabine, so far as we know, has had none.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Um.....

12. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    9/10 - two really good episodes in a row!

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    The Admiral Snackbar

Please do not make inappropriate remarks like that again in this comment. This is a family friendly forum so let's keep the comments appropriate.

14. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Aye Aye Captain 07

15. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    7/10
    way too rushed.

coolest thing was maul having the satine painting, its like a constant reminder of his revenge over Kenobi, a trophy to his greatest achievement.

16. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

Totally agree. Up until the end of the episode I was certain this was a two-parter at minimum.

17. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016

He's a Jedi, it's a lightsaber, and he has shown he's still capable of fighting blind.

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    10/10. Great episode to finish out the year with. It was nice seeing Dathomir again. I'm still sad the Nightsisters didn't get more backstory or development, so I'll take anything I can get. I loved everything about the episode.

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    This was a pretty great episode which surpassed the previous one (it really seems like whenever Maul is involved it's a sign it's gonna be a quality episode). Anyway, it was good to see Maul back and the plot about him having Ezra (who has been plagued by visions of him) come with him (with the threat of otherwise give the Rebels' location to the Empire) to solve their fragmented Force vision problem was solid and I liked it a lot (the same for it's animation which was quite great); it's been a while there's been an episode that was this good and interesting.

Ezra almost going crazy by seeing Maul everywhere (and almost killing a man) due to his visions was pulled of well, I liked seeing the Bendu again and going back to Dathomir was great. Maul's collection of relics in the old Nighsister temple was interesting (I liked the torn painting of Satine and the Darksaber coming back) & the way he and Ezra used Nightsister magicks to piece together their visions was neat. I liked the Nightsister ghosts accidentally being summoned from the altar & Kanan and Sabine getting posessed by the spirits and Ezra having to combat and defeat them on his own without hurting his friends after Maul leaves (to go search for this someone on a desert planet with twin suns) was great stuff; the action was good, the spookyness was sweet and the climax with Ezra destroying the altar to put an end to the ghosts was a great one (and I liked Sabine taking the Darksaber with her; good to see it's not forgotten about).

The only real issue was that it felt like it maybe needed another episode as having this story told in just one made it feel a bit rushed, but it wasn't a major issue since I think they managed to fit it into one episode quite well and I still enjoyed it a ton; now I really look forward to the Tattooine story they are building up to (and it is pretty obvious it's Obi-Wan who is this mystery man who is now Maul's target). I'd say this was one of the best episodes so far and a great last episode before the mid-season break.

9/10