main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.12-3.13:"Ghosts of Geonosis" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Jan 7, 2017.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Jan 14, 2017.
  1. 10

12.7%
  2. 9

19.0%
  3. 8

36.7%
  4. 7

16.5%
  5. 6

6.3%
  6. 5

3.8%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.5%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.5%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Ghosts of Geonosis" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all?Let us know. Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why! Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.:)

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Gave it a 6, was juvenile but overall fun but still goofy Action was generally fast-paced but story was blase.

V-2 likes this.
  3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I gave this an 8. It wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it a lot and there were plenty of great moments.

4. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    10 from me - finally I got everything I wanted from an episode and a bit more :)

5. PongKrell

PongKrell Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2016
    One of my favourites I think, it tied a lot of things together. The prequels, The Clone Wars, Rebels, Rogue One and A New Hope.

Hopefully there'll be a couple more episodes with Saw that bring him closer to the version we see in Rogue One.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    10/10.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Gave it 9

The good:
    1)Interesting plot. Liked that they never completely put 2 and 2 together with the Death Star. (if they got the Geonosian to an interpreter like AP-5, the likely would have found out)
    2)Saw was mostly handled in an interesting way
    3)New Imperials. Not just the neat troopers but a new captain. Makes the Empire seem biger when they encounter more than the same 3 imperials.
    4)Awesome visuals
    5) Kanan's blindness actually utilized in an interesting way. He sees things in a non-conventional manner, sensing the Geonosian and possible danger when others couldn't physically visualize it. More of this please.

The bad:
    1) Saws chuckle went on too long and was really weird. That's minor though. His turn at the end was also a bit too abrupt. Would have been more fitting for the character if he still disagreed but didn't get what he wanted. Would fit with the extremist seen in R1 and the fact that he isn't on good terms with larger Alliance.
    2) Everybody standing back and going whoa as Sabine mops up the place with her jetpack and then cockily patronizes Ezra...She knows a bunch of languages...She's an artist and weapon's expert...She'll likely end up being leader of Mandalore...All of this as a teenager. And while there are in-universe explanations for this, out of universe she's starting to get a bit too Mary Sue-ish for my tastes. Hopefully the Mandalorian episodes later this season will give her some depth but honestly she's starting to morph into a character out of a bad fan-fiction. I don't mind powerful characters but its gotta be counterbalanced by some actual character. Doubts. Failures. Growth. Change. Reflection. Spunky personality and gaudy armor isn't sufficient.

V-2 likes this.
  8. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    7/10 from me! A definite improvement from the other episodes of the season. I feel like Rebels would really benefit from a longer runtime, as these two episodes back to back had very satisfying pacing for me, with a lot of variety. I feel a 45-minute runtime would better allow the writers and directors to get the appropriate nuance and balance they need from a story.

Overall, a satisfying episode! There was some tension, some great action, some cool visuals, and lots of new character models and textures. Hopefully the rest of season 3 can deliver more of the same!

9. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'll give it a 7. Admittedly I think it's the least eventful of the 40 minute episodes we've gotten, but it once again shows how much better the show is when the pacing is more appropriate.

10. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Ehhh 7/10. Story was cool and I loved seeing the new things like the Rocket Stormtroopers and Saw, but I can't get over the cheesiness of some of the lines and how juvenile the action is sometimes. This is probably some nostalgia talking but I get so bored watching most of the action in this show because it's hardly ever as "graphic" (if that's the right word) or believable as it was in The Clone Wars. There's no sense of threat (when was the last time we saw an Imperial soldier actually kill someone?) or even danger for our main characters, specifically the Ghost crew.

11. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    8/10. Lacking in a few areas. I could probably give it a 7 but I'm feeling generous right now. I agree with ARC_RC-7567. Some of the action here was a bit boring. Seeing Saw and Geonosis was cool but the planet's just not the same without the big ground battles we got in AOTC and TCW.

12. PongKrell

PongKrell Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2016
    It's true that it's not as graphic, but I've always thought the action in both shows lacks physicality. There's never a sense of weight to their actions. So I don't really engage with it properly.

I remember in particular in Hunt for Ziro when Obi-Wan and Quinlan chase Cad Bane and they're jumping about, it was boring.

But re: sense of threat, yeah it's lacking too.

DarthUncle likes this.
  13. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    10/10. Episode was excellent and it fleshed out further how extreme Saw is. Getting Forest Whitaker to reprise his role was great.

"He's no Skywalker."

"I heard that!"

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 6. It was a decent episode for bridging the series closer to the OT ERA with the Death Star references; but still wasn't all that memorable for me. I get how they wanted to make the geonosian like a huggable teddy bear; but seriously? The only time I ever felt really sorry for a geonosian was when the Jedi apprehended Poggle after flattening the Queen in front of him. And then Anakin nearly kills him to get answers about the "brain invaders" affecting Ahsoka and Barriss. Oh, and on that subject; I would've given the episode a 7, but as promised it lost a point from me for not even a single mention of the only Jedi that stayed on to help his people win back Onderon.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  15. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Really enjoyed this episode. Made Foresst Whitaker's performance and characterization of Saw more fleshed out and tied back into Clone Ars given some friendly exchanges he has with Rex in the beginning. Also, really shows why Geonosis wasn't involved with the Death Star in Rogue One, continuing to put an end to those rumors of Disney allegedly having an anti-Prequel law at LFL (even Pablo Hidalgo in this week's Rebels Recon implied that by saying that when Keennic says "the work [on the Death Star] is stalled is him meaning Geonosis's species are removed and dead. Also, love how Saw's past of the Clone Wars came back to haunt him with that hologram of his sister, Steela. Poor Klik-Klak marks another ground-breaking achievement in Rebels: making villains sympathetic. Also, Sabine kicks ass. 10/10.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    8/10 - both parts were solid and I liked how Saw was portrayed.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    8/10

Had some good rebel variety with Saw thrown into the mix, plus some cool segments in the catacombs of Geonosis (Sabine's assault of the jump troopers stands out in particular).

18. TheBlogAwakens

TheBlogAwakens Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2016
    I gave it a 9/10. There was just not enough episode for me personally, but I loved Star Wars continued efforts to bridge the galaxy timeline closer together. I've written a review and video review on it, if anybody wants to check out my full thought on it!

http://bit.ly/2iRgOIr

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    9- good rebels episode. Usual flaws of the show like useless bad guys (but with new character models which is great) and Sabine being OP are minus one point.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    8/10.
    It was a very good episode that could have been excellent had it not been for that contrived, idiotic ending.
    I mean, they have an eyewitness to a planetary genocide and to what the Empire was building, surely one would assume they would take him with them as irreplaceable proof, find a translator and maybe work on protecting him and his species?
    But nah, they leave him in a poisoned planet, in a hole where a Star Destroyer was blown up as it surely won't attract more Imperials who could find the last survivor, and they depart without at least his recorded testimony because… that’s what good rebels do?

Now wonder Saw got so done with the Rebellion.

Also this. That was some really forced attempt to make us sympathize with the poor poor defenseless Geonosian who killed Saw’s entire crew. It just didn't feel very organic.

cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  21. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Sabine being the warrior we all knew she was. Was even a bit emotional as she blasted the heck out of the troopers. 9/10.

22. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    7/10 As i said, it was ok.

23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I gave it an 8/10. I liked that we learned more about Saw which in turn adds more to his character in Rogue One. Overall I enjoyed this episode.

24. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    10/10 for me, really amazing episode(s)!

25. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    8/10

I thought it was droids that killed Saw's team, not Klick-klack (who seemed to be more of the 'run away!' mindset than a fighter). On the other hand, they did judge Saw's character quite nicely - when there's people around him who still have hope (and are willing to call him on his brutal methods) he can still show mercy, but the pragmatism and brutal methods he shows later on are well in evidence even now.

I know some don't particularly like the character but I thought it was a nice touch to show that despite Ezra's struggles with the Dark Side that (when Maul's not around at least) he's still a genuine idealist and someone who believes the best in people.

I also second the previously mentioned qualm that Sabine is teetering VERY close to the edge of becoming a writer's pet character and getting lots of ''cool'' things to be/do without a tremendous amount of justification.