main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.14:"Warhead" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Jan 21, 2017.
  1. 10

7.8%
  2. 9

7.8%
  3. 8

26.6%
  4. 7

20.3%
  5. 6

18.8%
  6. 5

6.3%
  7. 4

6.3%
  8. 3

4.7%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.6%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Warhead" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all?Let us know. Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why! Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.:)

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    7/10. Overall, it was an OK episode, nothing wow'd me.
    My favorite part was Thrawn's face illuminated red by the hologram. Great animation.

[​IMG]

3. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    6/10

(+)
    - I enjoyed the humoristic dialogues between Zeb and the droids
    - Thrawn looked great with the lights and holograms even if he doesn't appear much

(-)
    - I hope that Kallus will get caught and will die soon. How can he suddenly enjoy watching thousands of his fellow comrades die like this because of him? I can understand that he now thinks that the Empire is not up to his expectations, but smiling while watching technicians and other people who were his comrades dying? it's... evil.

- it looks like Empire ships can be destroyed easily by almost anything. Last time a big cruiser was destroyed with only 2 torpedos, and now a whole Destroyer is destroyed by a bomb. It's really too easy, let's send small torpedos and little bombs on the Imperial fleet! everything will be destroyed in 2 seconds like if they were fragile little plastic toys.

- It looks WAY too easy to repgram a spy droid, just like this, to get it to do exactly what you want...

- Thrawn has now "only" 99 planets on his list. I hope for him that he won't be spoiling again a Destroyer and thousands of lives to find Chopper base. Doesn't sound like Thrawn at all to waste so much ressources...

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    My first 9/10 of the season.

+ A Zeb-centric episode
    + A droid-centric episode
    + Thrawn must know who Fulcrum is
    + B'ok bok B BOK bokbok bokbok bok
    -/+ Fulcrum is almost certainly not a triple agent (though I'm not ruling out the possibility that he's working for Tarkin, who sees Thrawn as a threat, and who may be privy to Palpatine's long term plans for the rebellion)
    - Convenient master hacker droid abilities
    - Convenient inconsistently oblivious spy droid
    - Extended pro-wrestling style fight scene between military droid with multiple projectile armaments and a flesh bag with a stick. Lasats must have skin like marine mammals because Zeb should have been a bloody mess. I know, kid's show, I know.

Thrawn stole the show in the last scene. I would have liked him to have shown some concern for the crew of the lost ship, and it wouldn't have cost much time to have an underling report that the survivors are all aboard. the main flaw with this depiction of Thrawn may be his lack of concern for the lives of those serving under him. I think Kallus's reaction to the exploding ship should also have been a bit more mixed.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Surprising it was actually good. 10/10

6. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Not too bad. 6/10. I got a kick out of the humor with AP-5 and his dry comebacks to Zeb throughout the episode. Would have liked to of had the whole crew in it more but I like Zeb a lot so an episode with him as the focus isn't the worst.

I still don't know what to make of Thrawn and this master plan of his this season. Between letting ships go all the time and this episode with how having 99 planets to search works out in his favor apparently. To me he's been more sizzle than steak so far. I the mid-season preview it looked like we actually get to see him in hand to hand combat so hopefully things pick up with him soon.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    7/10

Pretty fun romp, with some good focus on Zeb and Chopper. Nice to get a better look at the Chimaera's bottom and the design on it.

8. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    [face_tee_hee]

silvereyed likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What? She's a very pretty ship. ;)

10. V-2

Dec 10, 2012
    But of course, they all have lovely bottoms.
    [​IMG]

Jamie1001 and silvereyed like this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I gave it a 5, was dull but entertaining for the 18 minutes or whatever it wasted.

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10. This was really good. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did.

13. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    8/10. Fun episode with Zeb and the droids. Love the fact that the voice actor does an Alan Rickman voice. I enjoyed the various shots he took at Zeb's intelligence and Zeb's a fun character. Loved the way that Thrawn's face was lit up red at the end.

Twain likes this.
  14. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    A refreshing change of pace episode at just the right time. Gave us focus time with a couple original characters.

Humorous script that a smart twist...the infiltrator taking out the SD at the end was cool. An episode that serves as a meaningful set-up for the unfolding of the larger series. Thrawn has narrowed his search.

Not epic, but that wasn't the intent. A good solid episode that I enjoyed.

Grey Matter likes this.
  15. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    8/10

Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    6: average episode, which felt more like a building block for future storylines.

17. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    6/10 Not filler, but felt like one.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  18. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    7/10. I really liked this episode. Felt like one I would normally despise and have to pull myself through to watch it completely but I was pleasantly surprised.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    6/10 for me. I really don't go into every Rebels episode as a pessimist with low expectations, I really don't. I'm just waiting for an episode where I can look forward to rewatching over and over again. To me, this was more filler than anything else.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Too many episodes to skip on the DVD player is not good thing.

Theo333 likes this.
  21. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    The whole episode was just characters clunkily explaining why things were happening the way they were. 3/10

The droid was pretty cool tho

22. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Just watched it and thought it was cool. What made it for me though was AP-5 and Zeb's interactions. AP-5 had some really big LOL moments and it was the first time in my recollection that we've seen so much of him. The droid itself was different, like a supped up C-3PO or rather Triple 0 but without the vocabulary. Seeing Kallus as Fulcrum and Thrawn topped it off though. I'd like to see more Zeb centered episodes.

9/10

Grey Matter likes this.
  23. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    A solid, fun episode with shades of ESB at the beginning, and a big step toward Chopper Base for Thrawn at the end.
    8/10

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    This review was for S1 but I think sums up all the shows seasons as a whole. You've got 22 episodes but you only really need a few. Some at the end and some at the beginning. The rest is pretty much filler in between.

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

There is a reason for every episode or are you one of those people who does not undertand the word "filler" and uses it all the time.

True for the first season, but not for this season. Almost every episode is part of a bigger story. I guess you are clearly one of those who does not understand what the word "filler" means.

Agreed. I loved this episode. Things get the most fun when Jedi are not involved. One of the best episodes of last season was "The Honorable Ones" and it was all about changing things up by teaming up two characters that you never thought would be in a team.
    Watching Zeb and AP-5 communicate was like how 3PO irked the life out of Han Solo with his comments. Personally, I adore AP-5 more than C-3PO cause he has that sarcasm about him. I can only imagine how boring the episode would have been if it was Rex and Zeb. Those two are pretty much alike and would agree about everything.
    There were moments that reminded me of a horror movie and there were many funny moments.
    The animation and music were great. The animation keeps getting better and better. You would not see the ice melting on the recon droid if this was in season one.
    Thrawn at the end was just the cherry on the cake. This episode furthered his storyline so IT IS NOT FILLER.

10/10