main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.16:"Legacy of Mandalore" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Feb 18, 2017.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Feb 25, 2017.
  1. 10

25.7%
  2. 9

31.4%
  3. 8

24.3%
  4. 7

10.0%
  5. 6

2.9%
  6. 5

2.9%
  7. 4

2.9%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Legacy of Mandalore" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.:)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10. One of the best episodes in Rebels.

3. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    The past two episodes are probably in my top 5 along with Twilight of the Apprentice.

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks for posting the grade the episode thread btw. Appreciate it. :)

Same. We need more Mandalorian stuff.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

Of course! I've been too absent and it's the least I can do. :)

I'm happy with more quality Sabine-centric stories!

7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    9/10. One of the best episodes of the season for sure. I loved how Krownest looked. Great ending fight too.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    + Addressing the problem of Sabine who by not defeating Maul can't pretend to own the Darksaber.
    + More times on tensions between family members than telling how awesome Mandalorians are.
    + Mother Daughter and Brother Sister relationships.
    + More detailed animation, especially the environment.
    + Knowing more about Sabine's family
    -/+ Sabine leaving the crew which may mean we can follow the Mandalorian storyline in parallel to the rest of the crew or it's only temporary and she'll come back, probably by saving everyone in the season finale. It shows changes which is always appreciated
    - Saxon's death. Another villain kick the bucket.
    - I expected Sabine's goodbyes to be more emotional. It was pretty fast.

8/10

9. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    9/10 Awesome episode! I'm very interested to see how the Mandalore story arc continues either later this season or in Season 4.

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    10 for me. We got real consequences for the main cast and Sabine demonstrated to everyone how far she has grown from being just a typical Mandalorian. (Also, I called it :p) There were a few twists as well that I didn't see coming which made me appreciate it even more. We're going into interesting places with Sabine now and I am looking forward to watching it all unfold.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    9/10

Another batch of Mando goodness. I thought the conflict within Sabine's family was well-developed and evolved naturally by the end of the episode. And wow, she's really left the Spectres for the time being. Hopefully we'll see some awesome payoff from that later.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    8/10 for me. Not as good as Trials of the Darksaber and it felt rushed but a really strong last couple of minutes.

Strong "ending" for Sabine and a bold step for the show to take. I agree that her good-bye was rushed but still, really good job with the storyline and hopefully not the last time we see her. It really did feel like the beginning of the end for Rebels though.

I actually thought Bo Katan was Sabine's mother.

The animation design was absolutely gorgeous, particularly the frozen lake.

13. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm going to give it an 7, admittedly I didn't like it as much as the previous episode. The pacing felt a bit odd to me, and for some reason the interactions between the Wren's just didn't feel right (and I hated that little moment with Tristan choosing his side).

But, the action sequence between Saxon and Sabine was quite cool. And I think they handled his death quite well, it was not by Sabine's hand but it WAS necessary. Sabine deciding to stay with her kind is also suiting, but disappointing that we won't see her again for some time.

I'm not going to lie, it was a good episode...but I thought it was going to be better.

Kaitan ISB021 likes this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    If season three is truly the end of he show, this ending really bugged me I didn't Like the end how Sabine ditched the rebels for her traitorous family. how can Sabine Trust her Family? The Episode was good but not as good as the last one which IMHO the last episode was the best in the series right up there with the Pilot Episode movie! I am interested with where they go with this story and If Season 3 is the last of rebels I would hope for a Sabine Book or Novel. so far I have loved all the books in the Disney era, I just finished the Ashoka Book and Loved It!!!!!!!!!!

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    10/10 and who said recurring characters did not die on this show? :p

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 9/10. Quite nearly as good as it's gotten in terms of Rebels episodes are. I really enjoyed the interaction between Sabine and her mother. Of course the action sequence was cool, but I don't really judge episodes on those per se. This was certainly a significant episode in more ways than one, and I certainly appreciate those types of episodes.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    also the animation was top notch for the show.

18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Don't worry, it's not the end. Voice work confirmed a fourth season.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014

cool!

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    9/10

I liked it a lot more than I was expecting to.

21. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    A solid 10. Rebels is really starting to take its time with its stories. I hope the trend continues. But wow, I thought Sabine was dead at the end for a second there! Phew! Only part I thought was off was the rushed goodbye at the end.

22. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I gave it 10 but should 9,5/10
    the only thing I didn't like was no mention of Hera during the goodbye scene... after everything that happened between them and their mutual respect and love.

Hypatia and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    OK I have seen it.

Very good episode Sabine in the course of 2 episodes went from being a cipher to a really interesting character and I want to see more of her. Instead of making Ezra the main character, she should have been the main character of the show.

I did have 2 minor points to the episode. 1 was the pacing half way through, in the brother/sister sparring scene, if felt a bit off and basically had Tristan just monologue the plot for Sabine just to move it forward.

The other was the end of the duel. Sabine being the good guy on a kids cartoon, no way were they going to have her just kill him, so I accept that but the could have just had the mother shoot Gar Saxon without him pulling the gun and doing the fake out. It would have worked just as well and been less cheesy.

Overall though a good episode and another example of what Rebels can be if it makes the effort. 8/10

24. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Finally, 4 ******* weeks later...
    9/10

silvereyed likes this.
  25. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999

I wasn't a fan of that either, as well as the poor dialogue from Sabine's mother. If Sabine had turned around and shot Saxon, I would have been perfectly fine with it. But she should have at least disabled him more because you could see that coming a mile away.