main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.19: "Double Agent Droid" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. 10

3.4%
  2. 9

6.7%
  3. 8

27.0%
  4. 7

19.1%
  5. 6

9.0%
  6. 5

11.2%
  7. 4

4.5%
  8. 3

4.5%
  9. 2

3.4%
  10. 1

11.2%
  1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Double Agent Droid" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    it was funny. But I still have to give it a lower score for its conveniences taken, especially with that Deus-Ex-fry-their-brains-and-blow-them-up at the end. Also, Wedge seemed somewhat out of character. He wasn't the cool-headed pilot we see in the films and in the previous episode. Sure AP-5 and Chopper are annoying, but would that make him overlook a threat to the mission he was assigned, and to his rebel cell as a whole?

6/10.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  3. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Wedge was really similar to his version in "Aftermath" trilogy.
    A solid 8 for me. I laughed so hard and awesome Hera is awesome XD

4. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I gave it a 7. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

DarthRosie and V-2 like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    7/10

Decent episode. Lol that they actually showed Wedge going to the bathroom, and even funnier when AP-5 interrupts him. The bit with the surveillance ship was interesting, and it was cool seeing basically Pablo as the guy in charge. :p

6. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    8/10 Sure it was kinda a filler but I enjoyed it. AP5 was definitely the best. Laughed at the ending. I'm not sure blowing up the ship was the best idea or if they should have made it just power out.

Order66Survivor and V-2 like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I gave this a 10/10 because it is original/bizzare/made me laugh and had some connections to the actual plot so it was not filler.

DarthUncle and V-2 like this.
  8. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    8/10 That was weird, but I liked it.

V-2 likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't know what I **** through.. I mean sat through. It was schlock but typical Rebels schlock. I rate it a 4.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  10. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    5/10

I don't even know how to rate this episode so I had to go middle of the road. I didn't expect much with this one so it was slightly better than I thought it would be but still what the hell was all of that? Some reason I do get a kick out of AP-5 so I like seeing him in episodes but singing and floating in space with bats? Scratch my head at that one. I'm also really glad that we now have our first sighting of a bathroom in Star Wars.

The whole we can capture them but we're going to let them escape has been beaten into the ground this season.

Thankfully the next three episodes should all be good ones.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  11. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    This will be the episode remembered as the one where Wedge almost took a leak.

I'll give in an 8/10. Bizarre and annoying at times but so ludicrous I very much enjoyed it. Always like it when AP-5 appears because it sounds like Alan Rickman is still with us. Some of his stuff was funny and I give them credit for the bizarre singing ending. I don't get what's with the portrayal of Wedge as a bumbling idiot though.

I liked the Imperial listening ship a lot and the nature of the Imperials there. It had a whole THX-1138 vibe to it. They weren't bad villains...almost pulled it off too.

12. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015
    1/10

utter trash that insults the viewer. Bring on Kenobi!

13. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Pros

AP5 is fabulous
    Not appropriate
    Controller has frickin sweet headgear

Cons

Nope.

Final rating: 10/10

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014

for now other reasons than the 1st onscreen appearance of a refresher. (unless someone can point out a previous one to me)
    and as has been stated already... Not appropriate

15. SupremeLeaderTrump

SupremeLeaderTrump Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2017
    6/10

This is quite mixed for me. There are good parts and bad parts. AP5 gets annoying, but still likable. The singing at the end, i initially find it weird, but then i realize its a jab on Disney and new canon haters.

16. bdh1138

bdh1138 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 24, 2015

We saw one in the clone bar on Coruscant during "Orders"

17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Not appropriate.

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    If you make any more inappropriate comments like that your taking a vacation. Knock it off.

Chris0013

Knock it off. Your comments are not appropriate either.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 6/10. Yeah, the "Anything you can do I can do better" bit was kinda cute, but overall there wasn't much to this episode. I'm not really a fan of this gullible, nerdy version of Wedge that they have as what may now be a recurring character on Rebels. When I think of Wedge, I think of the dude that survived all three movies blowing up two Death Stars. In the movies he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, and could actually...ahem...think for himself.

I did like Hera's "payback" scene. Don't mess with her droid!

20. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    ...:chopper:...
    + Listeners and their ship design
    - Wedge use to be intelligent in EU. In this episode... Well you watch it...
    - Evil mastermind let heroes go with information because he has a master plan in place. You know the ending...
    - Listeners ship explosion ... I expected Hera overload their communications systems and take out some of their computers, but then they mentioned that it affected their fuel tanks somehow//...
    - Droid filler from the guy who wrote droid filler arc in tcw...
    ...2/10...

21. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I'll give it an 8. Subtract 2 points for plot holes and strange contrivances (Ezra not cutting doors open and blowing up the ship with a signal). Otherwise, fun and unique. Not every episode should strive to be Twilight of the Apprentice. I like this and it. I liked the Umbara arc and Mercy Mission. I can appreciate both types of episode.

22. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    One of the funnier episodes, especially the all too brief musical.

Others have mentioned it but the fuel tanks exploding from a simple surge...cmon.

I love AP-5 and Chopper. Enjoyed the dialogue.

8/10.

23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I liked this episode for a number of reasons. First, AP-5 and Chopper were in it. Their interactions are pure gold, hilarious. Secondly, I LOVED the tension. You didn't know would the ISB get the info or not....I mean it very well could have ended the other way around. I was thinking though this season is different by the fact that episodes seem to focus on a small selection of the crew like this one, no Kanan or previous ones no Zeb or what not. I don't mind it just an observance.

9/10

V-2 likes this.
  24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Jesus Christ Hera drones just doing their jobs take control of your droid for half an hour and you blow them up in a horrible feiry death, Paplatine is right, the rebels are terrorist.

Everything else in this episode is exactly what's wrong with Rebels and it's creative process. I'm afraid to watch the latest recon episode because of all the cringy gushing I expect to hear over how "nuanced" and "clever" this BS of an episode was

1/10

spicer likes this.
  25. Dimitar

Dimitar Jedi Padawan

Jan 22, 2017
    + Initial Chopper/AP-5 banter;
    + Imperial Information Office and the aesthetic of their ship;
    + The IIO Controller;

- This Wedge seems much younger (based on his voice and behaviour) than the one in Episode IV (not merely two years younger).
    - Imperial Information Office ship destroyed by a signal;
    - In the end, the Ghost crew assumed Chopper is OK without any system checks.

??? AP-5 singing

7/10 because as a whole, I enjoyed the episode despite its weaknesses.

Order66Survivor and La Calavera like this.