main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.19: "Double Agent Droid" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 11, 2017.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 18, 2017.
  1. 10

3.4%
  2. 9

6.7%
  3. 8

27.0%
  4. 7

19.1%
  5. 6

9.0%
  6. 5

11.2%
  7. 4

4.5%
  8. 3

4.5%
  9. 2

3.4%
  10. 1

11.2%
  1. Tsago

Tsago Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2017
    2/10
    It was one of the most worthless and stupid episodes ever.

2. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I'm going to give this episode an 8. I actually fairly enjoyed it.

I think AP-5 is hilarious! I didn't really mind the singing. It fits his character. And I actually didn't think about the fact that the Imperial base was destroyed by Chopper's signal until everyone started bringing it up. Doesn't really ruin my enjoyment of the episode one way or another. Hera was really good in this episode as well.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Your claim that it insults the viewer doesn't seem to mesh with the overall positive reception of this episode.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It's his opinion, regardless of whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with it, he can think what he likes

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm well aware of what an opinion is. But he should speak for himself instead of trying to do it for everyone. If his intention was to say that the episode insulted him personally then he should have been more specific.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Sow

Sow Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    5/10, maybe even less.
    I don't regret watching it but there is so much that could be done better in the episode with a slightly bit more thought process.

+ I like how the first time since that traitor droid in TCW rebels are punished for ignoring droids like the empire/separatists are in half of the episodes. We all know that droids can go everywhere and do everything and nobody will bother as long as they got that 1 clearance code that is needed from time to time.
    + AP-5 singing despite being bizarre was quite nice and I felt bad for him losing his inner peace.
    + Listeners, they are cool idea and I remember them from "A New Dawn", also they did something and for first like 10 min they were quite competent...

- But then they screwed everything up. Couldn't they get a grasp of chopper's behaviour when they hacked him to make his actions seem less suspicious?
    - - - - - Yep, 5 negatives because that explosion at the end was that ridiculous. Obviously experts on spying from the Empire would be in a ship where everything can get blown up because there are no safety measures, and entire ship is build from recycled note 7's to make chain reaction making it explode entirely after malfunction caused by droid light years away. I'd be fine with Hera screwing their electronics a little bit/shutting their equipment down but come on, you don't need to go full Micheal Bay on every Rebel victory.
    - So many questionable plot holes and convenience - Our robot is acting highly suspicious and our other robot even warned us about it. Nobody gives a damn. Oh, our suspiciously acting robot is telling us to go somewhere, why don't we all go out there so we can all get caught in a trap?
    - And let's forget the lightsaber because it would harm the plot.
    - Why Ezra is way dumber in season 3 (except for double episode starter) than he was in season 1 & 2? I don't mean more silly, I mean not capable of thinking.
    - Did Empire chopper at least destroyed the data they stole from their base? I mean the Imperials got a hold of it AFTER they already revealed they want to kill the crew, he could just crash it.
    - Also why don't put some tracking devices on the ship, just in case not everything goes well and inform some other cells/thrawn etc about it so they could finish the job even in case something explodes
    - Lazy writing in case no one noticed.
    - Again no real win, even small for the empire and chopper got plot shield. I'm not one of these who complain about plot armor everytime Rebels get's shoot at and no one dies, but this time they almost literally handed themselves over on a silver plate, yet still no real harm happened to them.

7. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    The laziest and one of the most insulting episodes I've ever watched. I wished I could take back the 5 I gave it and replace it with a 0.

8. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I gave it a higher score but see some of your points, such as Wedge. I noticed that off the bat. The signal destroying a ship? Frying it's computers I get but....yeah didn't get that. And the singing? I thought we were in a musical for a minute lol. I'll admit I often weigh my pros heavier than my cons but these are all VERY valid points.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I like the droid banter in SW. This one was pretty good for that. Also, the Imperial intelligence ship that was watching through Chopper's sensors was interesting. Good use of dark rooms and many screens and dark glasses. They over-do the helmet and covered-eyes look on the Rebel base -- just makes it look like they're trying to save money on the animation with three-line characters who only have the lower half of their faces moving -- but for this imperial ship it was very effective, making them look more sinister and ruthless. Also, it was a good Hera episode when she 'rescued' Chopper from the evil programming. AP's hallucinations were a bit over the top very amusing, too.

Grey Matter, V-2 and Erkan12 like this.
  10. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Everything wrong with this episode makes it so bad it's good. LOVED it. I had at least three proper laugh out loud moments, the magic ship blowing up via radio signal was the peak*, but the song was OH so good.Just the sort of thing that upsets all the right people, in my humble opinion.

The ISB ship and crew reminded me very strongly of Blake's 7 Federation security officers.

9/10, I was tempted to go to 10 but, well, the bad things are still kind of bad enough to warrant a deduction. Mainly the convoluted way the ISB guy kept their operations a secret from the Empire itself, ensuring that no consequences or extreme peril could ensue when they failed....

* Why don't more people in the GFFA use this devastating military technique? It would seem to render conventional weaponry obsolete.

11. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Didn't mean to hit 1/10, my bad, but I'd give this episode a 4/10 for many of the negative reasons already stated on here. Looking forward to the next episode though!

12. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Decided to watch the episode in the end. It wasn't as bad as I had feared. The main issue was in the end with the ship blowing up. And then Chopper...what is that droid made of? Multiple shocks and still survives without any problems? That was too much.

Other than that, it had some fun moments. One thing I enjoyed was seeing a bit of bonding between the crew, like for example Ezra and Zeb hanging out, but also their reactions toward Chopper and AP-5. You can really tell they were genuinely worried at the end. Nice to see AP-5 getting some praise and recognition as well.

6,5/10

13. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    1/0

the episode was overly contrived. And completely asinine in general, Too many conveniences to make it believable. Also the droid banter was annoying.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Here, but thats it.

15. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

i am speaking for myself, it's my opinion that the episode is an insult on the viewers. You don't have to agree. Simple. I find it odd that this is now the second time in three episodes you haven't been able to handle/brush off my criticism of rebels. If you don't like my criticism, maybe try and find a way to hide my posts.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I could have easily given this episode a 1 instead of a 10, but I gave it a ten because of just how bizarre it was and you have to admit original. It also made me laugh which is rare for a show.

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grade the episode, people, not argue about who's got the better opinions.

18. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Now I want an entire episode of AP-5 singing in space.

darkspine10 and V-2 like this.
  19. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I've been searching with no success...does anybody know if the song AP-5 was singing was an original? A parody?

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I suspect it's loosely based on Annie Get Your Gun, as that's where the 'Anything You Can Do' song is from, or it could be lifted from a Disney musical that's outside my realm of knowledge, but I think it's mostly just a generic Musical swell when the diegetic and non-diegetic elements come together. There are a lot of tunes that could fit with the short snippet we actually heard.

Sorry, I wish I knew for myself too.

21. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm not sure why AP-5 singing is an issue. Artoo arguably sings to himself as he is rolling about:

Darth_Accipiter, TX-20 and V-2 like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    3/10 I don't like AP-5 at all and in this episode he was even more annoying. The songs were cringeworthy and the banter between the droids was just annoying. I don't like that Wedge is basically a complete idiot in this episode (what do you do Wedge when one of the two droids you just sent into an Imperial facility is acting weird and the other is telling you there's a problem with him... ummmm nothing. :p) And the blowing up of the Imperial ship was just too much. I love Rebels but needless to say I can't wait for next week!

23. Kaitan ISB021

Kaitan ISB021 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    8/10. We all knew this would be filler. The writers knew it and embraced it; they gave us a little AP development; they made me scared of Hera; and they made me laugh out loud more than once. We have already re-watched the end (AP in space) repeatedly in our house. Hil-freakin'-larious. It was so OTT in so many ways, and I appreciated that! Go team Rebels.

24. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    Complete waste of an episode, and the ship blowing up was just the cherry on top. Only redeeming quality was the listeners, and even they became more and more incompetent as the show went on. I actually think the head listener wanting to get the location himself to make himself look good is a good idea, but he was way too incompetent to be believable.

25. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Filoni summed it up when he said half the audience would consider this one filler. I'd trim some of the droids' bickering, but enjoyed the episode overall. It's fun, gives some food for thought about AP-5, and even made me wonder if the base's location would be revealed to the Empire, given the episode's placement. SW is great for variety, and this is the proverbial calm before the storm.

7/10

V-2 and Order66Survivor like this.