main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.21-3.22: "Zero Hour" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Mar 25, 2017.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Apr 1, 2017.
  1. 10

27.6%
  2. 9

26.5%
  3. 8

16.3%
  4. 7

15.3%
  5. 6

4.1%
  6. 5

1.0%
  7. 4

6.1%
  8. 3

1.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.0%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Zero Hour" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.

whostheBossk and V-2 like this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Silent One has rewarded us!

I gave it a 10.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  3. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    10/10 best episode this season. Not as good as TOTA, but how could you beat that. And glad Thrawn survived, a great villain.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    7/10
    After seeing it I would say it's an enjoyable enough episode and not bad persay but not really season finale material. If this had been a mid season episode I may have given a higher score but it isn't and all the old problems of Rebels come to the fore.

Certainly doesn't give me anything to make me want to watch S4 that's for sure

5. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    I'm glad the main characters survived. Sato's death (and not forgetting the two brave pilots choosing to stay) was honorable and well done, I just wish they developed him a bit more as a character to create a bigger impact.

Ezra is sometimes written as someone who is a bit too confident. But I liked how he acted humble and more mature in this finale. Except for a few lines I thought he was written well.

Overall I didn't like the finale as much as I had hoped, but I do like some of the individual scenes which made quite an impression on me. Bendu turning against Kanan, and against everyone on the planet for that matter, was well done.

7/10

SilentGuy66 and V-2 like this.
  6. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    8/10 Good season finale - there was the right balance of loss to not make it a true victory for the Rebellion, which it shouldn't be. Thrawn should have some success to make the storyline realistic.

V-2 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  7. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    10/10
    A great, intense season finale. The space battles were very good, but I even enjoyed when the moved the battle to the surface of Atollon more. I'm happy that we'll still see more of Kallus (I was expecting him to die at some point this season). Thrawn's been up and down with me alot throughout the season but finally how they handled him the last few episodes was very good. The long game finally came into fruition. I wished they had given us more backstory with Sato, certainly the history with him and Thrawn (the ship sacrifice is the new thing in Star Wars). I guess that might be in the new novel though.

Overall, I enjoyed the season as a whole alot. Looking forward to Season four.

SilentGuy66, V-2 and bergs1975 like this.
  8. PongKrell

PongKrell Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2016
    Not a bad finale, but after last week, it felt a bit flat.

It's very strange they've not followed up on Ezra's meeting with Obi-Wan. I don't think there were even any concerned looks between Ezra and Kanan last week?

I really hope they have the guts to kill one of them off by the end of the series, and really cripple the other... that'd be much more satisfying than if they disappear like Ahsoka.

jakobitis89, V-2 and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  9. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    10/10 everything I love about this show was in this episode

10. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    10/10

I really loved everything about this episode. The ending was bittersweet. I wasn't really surprised that Sato died, but it was still sad to see him and the carrier go, they've been around forever. He died a good death though - taking out the Konstantine (who I won't miss at all). The Deathtroopers were also really cool, even if they didn't have any real standout moments. The final few minutes when the Rebels are escaping after the last Interdictor is destroyed was probably my favorite part. They just barely managed to get away. And of course I'm so excited that Kallus lives.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I know you can essentially watch the new episode all day on-demand or on Watch Disney XD but on the Xfinity Grid it says the new episodes at 8:00pm and 8:30 pm are repeats, whats the deal is this wrong? I personally like the idea of watching it in my darkened living room at 8 pm its to sunny out to watch it even in my living room which is bathed in sun light right now...

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    9/10

A very exciting conclusion to season 3. I was sad to see Sato go, but it was definitely a cool moment when he destroyed the Interdictor, sort of foreshadowing the fate of the two Star Destroyers at Scarif. Overall the initial space battle was fantastic, with a lot of good action for the fighters and capital ships. And then the ground battle from the walker assault to Bendu's wrath was exciting as well.

V-2 likes this.
  13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    8/10

I loved most of the episodes, especially the space battle, but there were some things that prevented me from enjoying it 100%. Some of the decisions certain characters made were little strange.

V-2 likes this.
  14. prlrocks

prlrocks Jedi Master star 2

Jun 15, 2009
    10/10

Intense episode, where I feel all characters got their moment. It was one of those episodes that I get so wrapped up in what is happening that I even forget the real world exists.

Agent Kallus is also my favorite character from Rebels so I was thrilled with the focus on him and his reactions to the events happening. I can not wait until next season to see where they take the character. And you know what... had Kallus died I would have been thrilled he went out on the exchange that he and Thrawn had.

"You have the heart of a Rebel"
    "I'll take that as a compliment."

His character has come a long way.

SilentGuy66, Sandtrooper956 and V-2 like this.
  15. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    10. Great episode. Very intense, stellar battle scenes.

I was pleasantly surprised that Kallus survived. I fully expected him to kill Thrawn like in the books, with Thrawn being stabbed in that back by the character I can't remember. Great scene with Kanan at the end and a fantastic arc.

The show did a great job with Thrawn, who I was never really a fan of until Rebels.

Tom Baker! "Kanan Jarrus, would you like a jelly baby?" Always love his performance and the character of Bendu.

Great job bringing various characters and plot back together, along with "newer" character like Dodonna.

Great job with Season 3!

V-2 likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it a 9/10. An excellent, very entertaining episode. It's certainly the type of episode I'd want to watch again just for the thrill of it. It didn't have the feels that the end of Season 2 gave, which is why I just couldn't give it that perfect score, but it's still right up there among the top.

17. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    9/10 a great episode! I'd say my only problem is with the bendu storm. But otherwise it was great and my heart was racing the whole time!

cwustudent likes this.
  18. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    ... Zero Hour...
    + Overall atmosphere and visuals
    - Bendu ... Giant monkey\turtle and his super magic...
    - Thrawn and Sato connection ... After Iron Squadron I thought we can have some clarifications but nope. He just dies like a terrorist hero.
    - Rebels ships goes down after few TIE fighter shots ...
    - Rebels with few mandalorians was able to destroy interdictor from outside...
    - Thrawn personality. Too much ego for him. Personal attack on Atollon base was reckless move.
    - Ghost plot armor. Bendu lighting oneshots other ships and AT-AT ...
    ...6.5\10...

cwustudent likes this.
  19. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Gave it a 6/10. The pacing started to stress me out by the end of part 1. It was intense and fun to watch, but after last week and last season's Twilight of the Apprentice, I was disappointed. There was a lot at stake, and the rebels took a hard hit, but the gravity of it didn't hit home.

There were, however, a lot of great things that redeemed this episode from being a total failure for me. I was delighted with Bendu and his crazy storm, I completely had my fingers crossed for Bendu to smite Thrawn. Hera was another plus-- she's been badly backburnered for most of season 3, I feel, so it was good to see her take more of the front-and-center. I liked Kallus' part in this episode, and I can't wait to see how his role with the rebels plays out next season.

Sabine's return was lackluster. I felt like she was shoehorned in at the very end, and it was pretty meh.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker likes this.
  20. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
  21. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Well it was exactly what I was expecting the season finale to be (which is not at all a good thing). Thrawn gets to show off how smart he is, a not-quite-main character dies off to show how deadly serious things are this time but in the grand scheme of things absolutely nothing changes whatsoever. All of our heroes make it out entirely unscathed. Lothal is completely untouched. Sabine comes back to be a supporting character to Ezra again. There may or may not be any consequences to what happened re: Bendu, but there is no reason to suppose they will return and no reason for him to suddenly pop up on another planet.

Hera and Kallus got time to shine, which is nice. But overall? Eh.

fett 4 likes this.
  22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Regarding the consequences, I'd say no for the simple reason they don't do consequences for anything

Jedi Knight Fett and cwustudent like this.
  23. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    I did enjoy it, but it did lack the awesomeness of the season 2 ending. And Thrawn has really fell flat for me as the season Big Bad. I don't find him interesting at all.

But there were lots of things I liked. It was emblematic of the whole season in ways: some really great and cool moments, but many episodes overall were just ok.

sent from my Moto X-Wing

24. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Enjoyed both episodes. The graphics were especially well done, along with the space battle. Almost expected the Atollon base to get wiped out by Thrawn's orbital bombardment, but then I remembered Tarkin telling Thrawn to take the Rebel leadership captive. Liked seeing AT-ATs, Rex laying an ambush for the mini-walkers, and the Bendu doing work against both the Rebels and Empire. And of course, glad to see Sabine and her Clan back after a month long absence.

8/10

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    9/10 - A great episode for those that love battles, and I do love a good battle.