main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode: 302: "ARC Troopers"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Dec 8, 2010.

?

Grade The Episode: 302: "ARC Troopers"

Poll closed Jun 26, 2011.
  1. 10

29.5%
  2. 9

36.4%
  3. 8

9.1%
  4. 7

9.1%
  5. 6

6.8%
  6. 5

2.3%
  7. 4

2.3%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.5%
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Average grade (43 votes): 8.3

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Gave it a 10/10.

One of the only episodes in all 3 seasons to really blow me away.

Some great visuals, and it was nice to see Grievous and Ventress being badass. Shame about the edited death kiss though.

3. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Geeked out at first because Kamino was stunning. Loved the setting more than anything else. Nothing against the episode itself, but I got the impression we'd seen it all before. Especially the fight between Grievous and Kenobi.

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Gave it a 9. A pretty healthy dose of awesome action (action which was actually pretty even to me), and character. Though I do note that the character bit works better when paired with Clone Cadets. ;)

A subtle point is detracted for the whole 'Grievous vs Obi-Wan' rehashing and Shaak Ti's minor role, but I still enjoyed those because firstly, Grievous got some good licks in, and secondly, Shaak Ti had a great role in Clone Cadets, so this was icing on the cake. :p

Highlights would be Echo and Fives in battle, 99, and Ventress against Anakin. :D

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Mass baby-slaughter, hunchback slaying, and necrophilia.

TCW, how did you go from that to poison tea?

I'm torn between 8 and 9. 8.5 rounds to 9 so 9 I guess.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    i give seven because of Shaak Ti:p - but i agree battle was bit lame- especially when best parts were spoiled in previews- like tridents drilling themselves to the city:oops: and then escape of baddies- surprise, surprise [face_tired]

Asajj/Grievous scene was awesome though and as said Shaak in action- pure awesomeness- please change the kaminorepresentative and bring Shaak to the battlefield:cool:

7. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    9/10

Two people voted 1. Who are you and why?

8. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    10/10

My favorite prequel era battle.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    It must be Filoni again;)

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    A perfect 10 for me. Incredible animation. Great lightsaber battles. A dazzling Shaak Ti. The best quote from Ventress ever. It'd be an 11 if they had included the Ventress-Clone kiss.

11. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    10 (of course)

;)

Actually, it's like the pastry at my local bakery.

A few bugs, but generally yummy.

:eek:

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it a 7. It was a good episode but I really didn't like the fact that they let Obi-Wan duel Grievous again. Should have given it an 8 though because the death of 99 and the moment where Anakin wanted to let the clones execute Ventress were awesome.

Also, swashbuckling, I think you accidentally gave it a 6 or 8, because there were no 7s before I voted.

13. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    "The best quote from Ventress ever"

Which one?

14. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm guessing the one where she says there's nothing Grievous has that she could possibly want.

It has to be GG! Because clones were promoted to ARC Troopers! :p

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I bet it wasn't him. However, I still would like to know who voted 1, so I could get some explanation.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm. Always two there are. [face_thinking]

17. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    10. Both season openers were just perfect.

18. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    9/10 just because I thought 99's death could have been better. He was running to get something they said they didn't need

19. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    8/10. Great episode, took the series in a new direction. Regrettably, it didn't last. But anyway, my only gripe was that the battle didn't really seem that large. At most, we see only a few droids fighting a few clones. We don't get a good idea who big the battle on the ground really was. Pretty much a textbook example of "Suspiciously Small Army."

20. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You guys have to stop thinking that I voted for 1. :oops:

While I hated ARC Troopers for all kinds of reasons, I did not vote for it yet. ;)

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I said you didn't. ;)

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Ooops number is above the bar:D ... sorry i gave six accidentally.... LOL error again:p i thought is above and it was below :oops: still i gave six as i said but i was about to give seven.... well six will do -episode was bit disappointing- i was expecting Shaak vs. Grievous duel and 99s death was uneccessary when he had no reason to go and i thought he was only physically weak but after all he wasn't so bright as he was in clone cadets and killed himself without good reason- disappointing - i was expecting he would sacrifice himself to save someone but he was just stupid in this to be frank- in cadets it seemed like his brains work normally and he was smarter than average clones.... now he suddenly was bit dumb:(
    and i agree about Obi vs. GG duel- it was too similar to others- grievous pushed against the wall.... he escapes in his "scorpion-mode".... they really want to make Obi and Grievous to be arch enemies.... well they made it- they are arch enemies now- 4 duels so far.... let Windu to fight Grievous or Yoda or Plo Koon or Ki-Adi or anyone else :_|

23. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005

Great episode, great animation and amazing battle sequences. This is currently my favorite episode of the season so far.

24. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Gave it an 8. Decent episode, not my favourite this season, though.

25. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I was only kidding, GG. [face_beatup] Hence the: :p

I know that if you gave it a 1, you'd motivate it too.