main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 303 "Supply Lines"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 16, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 303 "Supply Lines"

Poll closed Dec 16, 2010.
  1. 10

17.9%
  2. 9

7.7%
  3. 8

23.1%
  4. 7

23.1%
  5. 6

5.1%
  6. 5

7.7%
  7. 4

5.1%
  8. 3

2.6%
  9. 2

5.1%
  10. 1

2.6%
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (40 votes): 6.97

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    People are giving it a ten now? :oops:

Gave it a 5... it was just meh. Jar Jar was actually funny ("Did you enjoy that?" *throw* - lmao), but the lack of logic with regards to the escape and the supply ships ruined it for me.

It's hard to put my finger on it but it just wasn't very exciting to me. I wasn't even moved by the valiant death of the jedi general and his commander. Didn't do anything for me. Nada. Zilch. Couldn't care less. Sorry.

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Agree with Humble, gave it a 4. Meh episode. What good there was with Ima-Gun's last stand was squandered by Dave giving the character a stupid name and proceeding to EXPLAIN that he dies as soon as he gets introduced. Plus the whole thing with Jar Jar literally making the TF "look the other way" while the supply ships make their escape really offends my intelligence. ...maybe I should have given it a 3.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I gave it a 9/10. Perfect balance between politics and war, and shows how one affects the other in real-time. And I only didn't gave it a 10/10 because Jar Jar managed to balance those plates, which for someone known for his clumsiness, is out of his character.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I gave it a 4... I liked Toydaria, Bail, and Lot Dod's buddy, but we knew what was going to happen before watching the show. Right down to Imgunnadie or whatever his name was.

But yeah... who gave it a 10? Was it really that outstanding?:confused:

6. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I would give this episode a 5/10, mainly because it was just one of those episodes that nearly made me fall asleep. I liked Bail Organa in this episode though, and Jar-Jar wasn't too bad. But in the end it just moved a bit too slowly for me.

7. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I give it a 7/10

The Ryloth parts were really good, and the battle scenes were as good as anything we have seen before. I though Ima Gun Di was a pretty neat character, a good sendoff for him, and nice to finally have a Jedi die in battle.

It was also one of the better politic episodes we have gotten, but that part lasted to long. Jar Jar wasn?t annoying, for the first time ever.

This is one of those episodes I mostly enjoyed, but haven?t any interest in watching again outside a season rewatch.

8. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    Jar Jar. Enough said. 3/10

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    8/10. Good action scenes. Jar-Jar actually made me laugh rather than want to hold my head like I would at the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard (do they even have chalkboards any more?). Of course, Lott Dod being the typical self-interested politician is always great to see.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Could you develop a little bit? In my opinion, Jar Jar was used well.

11. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    5/10. An okay filler episode IMO. Jar Jar wasn't particularly annoying and I quite enjoyed the last stand of Master Di and co.

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    5/10. Don't like Jamaican Bail but jar jar was good and Kotunko and Lot Dodd are great.

Gets docked 2 whole points for Filoni's big mouth.

13. Jabba_The_Hutt_123

Jabba_The_Hutt_123 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 29, 2003
    8/10
    Jar Jar for once I didn't mind, although it is silly that the plan rested on his distractions.
    I enjoyed the other characters, and Filoni's spoilers is no fault for the episode itself so I won't dock a point.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    This.

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    6/10. The Ryloth battle was great and Jar Jar made me chuckle. But that was only 40% of the episode. The rest was just Bail and Lott Dod repeating the same sentences over and over again.

"We have to help Ryloth because they're dying!"

"But then you won't be neutral!"

Not to mention we already knew everything that was going to happen, and Dave gave away Di's death. Overall, a good idea with terrible execution.

16. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Ahmed Best as Jar Jar. Enough said. 10/10.

Subtext Mining likes this.
  17. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Gave it an 8. It's true that politics and certain things which are a little hard to follow detract from the episode (I've heard mention of 'why not have the staging area somewhere else on the planet', confusion over where the left flank was, etc.), but to me, I was able to get most of it and it explained a lot.

It helped elaborate on one of the most crucial parts of the new politics involving the TF, for one thing.

It had good glimpses into characters as they are placed into dilemmas. Katuunko, Captain Keeli and Ima-Gun-Di are my favourites in this respect.

And Di's last stand was great. An awesome way to go, from beginning to end.

Oh, and Jar Jar was great, too. He was used genuinely, not in a contrived manner, and played to his strengths while naturally bringing to light his likable traits. Ahmed Best gave a really good performance. XD

18. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Gave it a 4. I liked the Ryloth battle, but I was really meh about the politics, and Jars dinner plate thing. He can barely stand without falling most of the time and suddenly he is an expert juggler, I couldn't buy that.

19. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    8. Both the battle on Ryloth and the politics on Toyderia were interesting.

Jar Jar was funny and fit well in his position, and I felt the Ima-Gun Di was a cool character and had a pretty cool line.

"Let's make the end memorable"

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    8 is suitable- episode was nice- pros and cons

+ Bail instead of Padmé
    + Ahmed Best is back
    + Tantive 4 problem is finally cleared up- there is two different ships
    + Toydaria was nice
    + Ryloth battle was good
    + New jedi, new admiral and new clone commander
    + Republic defeat
    + Lott dod is back
    + Lott's aide[face_laugh]

- Ima's name:oops:
    - Jar Jar was not really needed
    - not enough battle and Ima was soooo redshirt
    - republic defeat was masked to look like victory... well it was a political victory

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Indeed. I'm not a Jar Jar lover or hater, I mind him as much as C-3PO. But that was a great pro for the episode.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    If they cannot get Ahmed then they should't add Jar Jar- most episodes work without him- well except Bombad Jedi:D - but Gungan General felt little like they took a story and added JarJar there without any need for him... then they even named episode after him.... and there was no Best:_|

23. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
  24. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Gave this episode a 7/10 as I've defended this episode ever since it was out. Master Di's death scene was memorable, and aside from the dinner scene, this episode was good. However, nowhere near season 2 quality.

25. imperial_buckethead

imperial_buckethead Jedi Knight

Nov 5, 2010
    4/10, though I was tempted to give it a 3/10. While the battle scenes on Ryloth were well done, especially Master Di's last stand, as a whole this episode was a pointless, needless prequel episode that revealed nothing new or noteworthy, it just served as filler.