main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 304 "Sphere of Influence"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Dec 20, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 304 "Sphere of Influence"

Poll closed Dec 20, 2010.
  1. 10

4.9%
  2. 9

9.8%
  3. 8

9.8%
  4. 7

22.0%
  5. 6

26.8%
  6. 5

9.8%
  7. 4

7.3%
  8. 3

2.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

7.3%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (42 votes): 6.21

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it a 6. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special either.

I hated how they just bargained for stopping the blockade, instead of exposing the Trade Federation for what it is.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    6/10

Seth Green's voice was too noticeable for Papanoida's son, and found the Ahsoka and Chuchi part a bit boring.

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Far from exceptional, but a fairly alright jaunt. And I can appreciate getting more pieces to the puzzle of galactic politics. Here, we see the one-two blow of how the Confederacy gets new worlds: Set up a legal blockade, then 'rescue' them if they agree.

The novelty of the Papanoida family put a smile on my face, though. [face_laugh]

5. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Gave it a 6 as well. Was going to give it a seven, would have given it a seven when I first saw it, but over the past few weeks, I've grown a little less ofnd of the episode overall. Still don't dislike it, but don't like it as much as I did when I first saw it.

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Pretty strong consensus so far. A 6 here as well. An all around OK episode. The Papanoidas were cool (except for Seth Green, what went wrong there? Guy is usually so good) and I liked some of Ashoka's and Chuchi's adventures, specially how Ahsoka had to struggle to use some of her Force powers. However I really didn;t like some of the plot contrievances, like the Baron's plot solving magical machine and Chuchi's selfish decision to sell out the whole galaxy in order to save Pantora from the little blockade.

Oh, and shoving Greedo in there didn't help either.

7. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Gave it a 6/10. I really dislike that this episode is based on us caring about a random Star Wars family that we are given no real reason to care about. Looking like the Lucas family dosent change that IMHO. The fact that the story Is pretty mundane doesn?t help.

Why do they make these episodes when they can make an episode focusing on Cad Bane, Death Watch, Asajj, Dooku, Sidious, Yoda, Mace, Vos, Rex, Delta Squad, Fives, Echo, Bly etc.. to infinity.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I give seven- because this popular six is not enough- this episode was not that bad- why people hate this:_| - ahsoka was not overpowering or anything- she failed many times so she was just like she should be- good but not good enough... also this whole business with TF:s neutrality was explored in this better than anywhere before- Pantora was beautiful and Chuchi (with lovely outfit:p ) returned... Papanoida has badass cantina shootout and Gotal was a cool new model at the time (now i hate them- they are re-used like h*ll:p they should change the color of their clothing or something ) greedo retcon was not needed though but it was nice to see ot-character in ot-locations and rotta returned too for a cameo:p this is worth of seven:)

-It was bit boring though- this could've been whole arc with someone more capable bh behind kidnapping and some other jedi exploring this with Ahsoka- whole "Ahsoka will secretly help her good friend (?) Chuchi" -thing was bit dumb.... and neimoidians were all Tuuk-clones- and no Lott Dod's aide (who is also tuukclone - but absolutely funny) or Nute Gunray (well mention was)

Who gave 1???????:eek: .... it's probably that mysterious stranger again who terrorises these polls... or then absolute ahsoka hater who give 1 to all episodes with her and wants her to die because hates her[face_laugh]

9. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Be resonable now. You give just one point more than everyone else and complain about other people hating it? Aside from the apparent troll, nobody seems to hate this, it's just yet another in the string of "meh" S3 episodes.

10. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    5/10. Not a bad episode, but not a huge favourite either. Like Supply Lines I thought it was an okay filler. I enjoyed seeing Senator Chuichi again, but was pretty indifferent to Chairman Papanoida and his family (didn't dislike them just didn't care for them much either). If I had to rank the 11 season 3 episodes we've seen so far in order of preference I'd probably put this one at #5.

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    well it seems to be quite liked now- but i have heard many bashing it before so i'm surprised that there were no more 3s,2s or 1s....yet..... but yeah i was contradicting myself a bit:D 6 is reasonable- i just think those haters haven't yet voted...

12. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, there's still plenty of time for the haters to chime in. However, it's one thing to bash specific aspects of an episode, and to bash the episode itself. I remember I hotly attacked aspects of this episode like the Baron's little universal crime-solving device, or the whole "Greedo the Elder" controversy, but that doesn't mean I hate the whole episode for it.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    crime solving device is- at least i understood it- just a standard scanner/data retriever contacting galactic databanks- it was not magical solving device... well before Ahsoka made it to look like one in academy:oops: still i would say it it's like mobile phone you can use to call phone inquiry and still your phone don't need to have all numbers of the world in it..... i hope that scanner will never return to do anything else- it can recognise blood and read holos ok but please not much else - it shouldn't be any intergalactic Junior Woodchucks Guidebook:p

14. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009

[image=http://photos.upi.com/story/t/fedcaa89418a8c8429018d0e0542118c/Seth-Green-marries-Clare-Grant.jpg]

"Oh, yeah? Well check out my wife, dude!"

:p :p ppppffffffff!!! :p :p

XOXOXOXO,

Seth

15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    7. It had all the ingredients to be a spectacular episode, but it fell flat. There was no real tension since the villains were in the Republic, and Greedo was uninteresting and unneccesary.

And I couldn't stand Ion's voice. [face_whistling]

16. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    8/10. The Papanoidas were interesting as was the Ahsoka/Chuchi foray.

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The Greedo thing was idiotic.

Good use of Ahsoka learning powers (and actually struggling) and Padme's "I can't believe they let you teach" was great.

6/10. Not sure what I would have ranked it in S1 or S2 though. ;)

18. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    6/10. It was alright, but the contrivances associated with the known CIS members started getting on my nerves around the time of this episode. Chuchi was still good, but I preferred her old appearance, this one just didn't seem right to me.

Seth Green sounded too much like himself for people who are supposed to sound South African.

19. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    9. I LOVED the scenes on Tatooine with Greedo and Jabba. But Seth Green's voice cannot be masked for the life of him, it took me out of the epiosde a little.

20. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009

Ion Papanoida's voice, 1647, and the lack of Cantina Theme held the episode back. Oh, and Basic Greedo.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Ion's voice may have been bad (but since i'm not familiar with Seth Green i don't care- he is also todo i know ) what's wrong with 1647?:confused: Should they use BBY dating system before battle of Yavin or what that would be ridiculous8-} as well as overused cantina theme- would be absolutely stupid if Modal Nodes would spend decades in Chalmun's Cantina playing the same tune over and over again:oops:.... also Greedo speaking basic is nothing compared to fact that he has eyelids in this (and moves them veeeery much)even though he have not eyelids in movie[face_whistling] same with all rodians and Kit Fisto- why to animate eyelids for species who don't have them8-} ...waste of time.... now Greedo and others needs eyelids added to the special editions of saga - or we have stupid continuity problem there.... it's more severe than any basicspeaking since nowhere in movies is stated that rodians wouldn't be able to speak basic- huttese or rodese are both possible for humans to speak as well- so no problem - but do rodians have eyelids or not[face_batting] ?

22. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    I completely agree with you. Green is good as TODO, but that should really be all he does on the show.

23. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    4/10 Boring. Maybe I missed the purpose of this episode. Nothing about it seemed important to SW. The whole plot felt generic to me. Baron Papanoida was lame and had no personality, and honestly I never cared for Chuchi or anyone on her Snow Miser/Talz planet. I liked the goat guy, and Greedo was pretty cool, but overall I got the Season 1 "Who cares?" feeling.

24. imperial_buckethead

imperial_buckethead Jedi Knight

Nov 5, 2010
    7.5 to 8/10. Some very good ideas are explored here with the Trade Federation blockades being used to force worlds to join the CIS - that's Star Wars politics episodes done right. It was great to see Chu-Chi back in the spotlight again after so long, and she and Ahsoka worked well together. But things were brought down by overpowering Baron Papanoida and his family.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

No interest in watching Ahsoka or the Lucas family.