main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 305 "Corruption"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Dec 23, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 305 "Corruption"

Poll closed Dec 23, 2010.
  1. 10

7.7%
  2. 9

1.9%
  3. 8

1.9%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

9.6%
  6. 5

13.5%
  7. 4

11.5%
  8. 3

9.6%
  9. 2

11.5%
  10. 1

32.7%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (53 votes): 3.6

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I just had to give this episode a "1". It's just about as bad as the series has ever got. An infuriatingly mundane episode, that really makes you wonder why anyone with the power to tell an official tale in the Star Wars universe would choose to tell THIS mediocre story.

PS: Wanna bet someone will give this a 10?

PPS: Wanna bet we won't get a post from said person?

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    4/10

I've voted 3 by mistake. If there is any chance to alter this, I would be appreciated.

4. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Hard to believe this was written by the same writer as ARC Troopers and Clone Cadets - two of the highest rated episodes.

5/10 for me. Inconsistent storyline. Very heavy on politics. Plus the oddest behavior ever from Satine.

5. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    It's a 5/10 for me. Interesting material that could potentially have larger implications, such as...
    -Mandalore is finally straining under the burdens of neutrality
    -Possibly signs of how the war is affecting ordinary people
    -The Mandalorian government, and possibly Satine herself, are cracking under the stress
    -Satine's own personal sense of losing it
    -The badassitude of Mandalorian guards (well, that one is still present to me [face_laugh])

Sadly, a little like Pursuit of Peace, this material isn't explored thoroughly. Too much time given to Padme and Satine reacting and not much done exploring their characters or the world around them.

I'm sure many people will bring up poisoned tea as being 'not Star Wars', or such a mundane plotline, or a waste, or not even a malicious plot but a chemical mixup. But strangely enough, I don't begrudge them that. In fact, I even think it helped me pay attention to the episode and care about what's happening to the Mandalorian children, since the real world had a plastic-chemical-in-milk scare. I'm probably alone in this, but I just felt I should share. :p

6. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    1/10 for me. The animation was beautiful, but the episode itself was so tedious it was almost painful to watch. A banal plot can sometimes be rescued by engaging characters and good character interaction, but IMO the Padme and Satine team-up we see here just doesn't fit the bill.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    3/10. Terrible plot, bizarre logic, and complete derailment of one of the series strongest new characters.

8. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004

It was incredibly mundane, but I didn't hate it with the same passion as many others did. I have to agree with Gry about this not fitting Star Wars. The only thing that was interesting about it is that it showed how Satine becomes increasingly paranoid and eventually loses it, effectively becoming corrupted herself. They overdid it a little, but I think that's due to the short duration of the episodes.

Should have given it a 4 probably. Oh well, consider it compensation for whoever voted a 3 instead of 4. ;)

9. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I gave it a 6. I liked the premise, the visuals of the New Mandalore was incredible (though the massive whiteness started hurting my eyes), there was a cool firefight in the end, with flamethrowers (even though that made no sense)!

Hey, at least it's better than FOTJ! :p

10. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner!

[face_whistling]

11. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    1/10. This episode had the villains poisoning childrens' snackpacks. The utter banality of the entire plot plus Satine's absolutely insane characterization (burning potential evidence to use against the perpetrators of crimes is now standard procedure for the government of Mandalore? No wonder civilization is somewhat ephemeral for them!) give this episode the title of worst of season 3 in my book. I dislike this episode more than Heroes on Both Sides and Pursuit of Peace, because while those episodes were hampered by ridiculous logic slip-ups and ever-present strawman politics, but otherwise had a sound intention, this episode was bad from beginning to end.

12. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I give this episode a "nothing" for its utter lack of anything.

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Sad to say voted 1/10.

Only episode to actually make me literally angry with rage.

Ruined my favorite new character (Satine).

14. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    That wasn't me. I gave it a 6. Just sayin'.

15. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Sorry for giving you the impression, but I wasn't implying it was, DG.
    Apologies for any confusion I created.

:)

16. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I gave it a 4. Not great, but I'd still watch it over Senate Spy.

17. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I agree. Although I have to admit that scene with the characters in the Naboo shuttle was pretty funny.

18. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    There is so many things wrong with this episode: Satine threatening to imprison the Captain if he didn?t destroy the evidence, accidental poisoning of the tea (couldn?t it at least have been deliberate) etc.

The one thing that annoys me the most is that the Mandalorians want all/expect all the benefits of being in the republic(Supplies, Jedi help etc.), but at the same time they have no interest in backing it up. They want all its benefits and no responsibility for its survival.

I?m fine with George Lucas wanting to present his version of Mandalore, but it?s so boring in comparison with what it could be.

5/10 - Star Wars should be better than this.

19. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    I remember hearing that Bryan Young (Big Shiny Robot) and Jimmy Mac's (The ForceCast) children really enjoyed this episode. Just wanted to throw that out.

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    6/10. Meh. Didn't like this episode, don't think I need to go into detail since most of it has already been said.

21. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    1. This episode's awfulness was beaten only by The Academy. The story was just awful. In a galaxy full of exciting tales, the TCW team had to waste a slot in their schedule for this.

In addition, it practically ruined Satine, one of my all-time favorite characters, for me. I liked her because she was steadfast in her beliefs. She was what I wanted out of Padme in this show. But they just made her a Padme clone, running off into situations that shouldn't involve her and getting herself into battles she should be appaled by, even threatening to torture a man.

Then there are the plot holes. Why would pacifist police cars carry military-strength flamethrowers? And the list goes on and on from there.

Just an awful, awful, excrutiatingly disappointing episode. I only hope Satine's character can be redeemed in the future.

22. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    I don't think Bryan Young ever says ANYTHING negative about Star Wars though, does he? If I'm thinking of the right person, anyway.

23. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    2/10.

Terrible, TERRIBLE episode. But I still would re-watch it only because I'm a fanboy.

24. Darth_Gamek

Aug 10, 2009
    Sorry, I meant Bryan's kid. Bryan didn't like the episode, but his son did.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    worst episode of the series for sure.... still some nice models made for this and smuggling and corruption was a good idea.... everything went wrong thougho_O - weak stuff -i give 3- because models and idea were not completely trash and Mandalore made comeback....

i just had odd desire to see Senate Spy- it's so much better than this:p Padmé didn't kill any smugglers and poison was used in right place and not accidentally....

yes she was pacifist not pyromaniac last time but now she didn't say anything when her "friend" killed sentient beings.... is she specistic too- killing Tal Merrick(pure idiot) is wrong but killing some aliensmugglers is right8-}