main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 305 "Corruption"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Dec 23, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 305 "Corruption"

Poll closed Dec 23, 2010.
  1. 10

7.7%
  2. 9

1.9%
  3. 8

1.9%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

9.6%
  6. 5

13.5%
  7. 4

11.5%
  8. 3

9.6%
  9. 2

11.5%
  10. 1

32.7%
  1. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Really? What about that Jar Jar/Padme episode towards the beginning of season 1? Pretty sure it was called "Bombad Jedi." That's definitely still my all-time least favorite episode. What are that episode's redeeming qualities?

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Just to be clear, because maybe we're having a misunderstanding here;

What I mean is that Satine gets so frustrated by losing control that her ideals are becoming slightly corrupted. In her desperation she turns to more drastic measures. In my opinion we've already seen the start of this.

Filoni talks about a shift in her character, which more or less seems to confirm that.

By 'corrupted' I didn't mean to say she becomes one of the bad guys. What I think could happen is that her vision becomes so clouded she takes a very questionable decision that might lead to an escalation of sorts and her and/or her government's demise.

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Bombad Jedi represents everything that is(or was) right about The Clone Wars. That episode has everyone in character, great comedic interaction between C-3PO & Jar Jar added to Jar Jar accidentally slipping into Anakin's Jedi Cloak from Padme's ship and being mistaken for a Jedi by the Seperatist Battle Droids.

For that episode they decided "Hey, that Kevin Rubio guy is a talented writer, lets bring him onboard and see what he adds to the mix". More points in its favor so far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't try to be something its not, it takes the characters we already know and expands upon them in an entertaining, albeit silly way. It's probably the most underrated TCW episode we've seen imo, and even contains a simple but effective political plot at its center that didn't make me yawn.:p