main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 307 "Assassin"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Dec 30, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 307 "Assassin"

Poll closed Dec 30, 2010.
  1. 10

11.4%
  2. 9

14.3%
  3. 8

14.3%
  4. 7

11.4%
  5. 6

22.9%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

11.4%
  8. 3

2.9%
  9. 2

2.9%
  10. 1

8.6%
  1. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    He should have said 'resumed dead' or 'presumably killed', maybe. It's all about not giving the 'surprise' away.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You guys need to calm down in this thread.

I gave it a 7/10. It would probably be an 8 or 9 with a different Senator and not ripping off the first 1/3 of AOTC completely. The episode looked good.

Probably would give it a 5 or 6 overall, but in comparison to most of S3, this was actually a decent episode so it ends up 7. Guess I'm feeling generous. [face_laugh]

3. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    I gave it a 9/ 10, but I think I should have given it an 8.

I liked the episode overall, especially Aurra Sing's new look, and Ahsoka's friendship with Padme.

The only things I didn't really like was how Ahsoka's visions were a bit too clear, and how Padme was the target, even though we know already she can't die in the CW. If it was some other Senator, I would have given it a 9, or maybe a 10 for seeing Alderran at last!

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    You're being too generous. :p

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There was no need to tie up Aurra's return with Ziro the Hutt- they should have made up more interesting assassin story with Padmé replaced by.... let's say Riyo Chuchi- since she was damn close to Ahsoka in Sphere of Influence.... some cis-allied trade federation-dude would like to see her dead after she destroyed their plot... or something.... not always Padmé

6. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010

8. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Swashbuckler, an EXPLODING FREIGHTER is usually unlikely to have any survivors. A freighter the size of Slave 1 didn't seem to have enough safety measures to justify a check. It had a wing cut off, which meant it was lacking the means to crash land properly like the Twilight. It wasn't as large as a Star Destroyer, so it couldn't withstand a crash on its own.
    Besides which, they saw A HUGE BALL OF FIRE, not just a cloud of dust. In MOST cases, checking would probably result in "Yeap. Mangled corpse burned to a crisp. She's dead, alright." :p

Also, I HEAVILY disagree with your views on Plo Koon. His concern was with the safety of the innocent men they had taken hostage. :p

9. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I don't want to make a big deal out of this. I just mentioned it was interesting that the narrator would flat out lie like that. Ahsoka didn't know whether or not she'd killed Aurra, nor did the narrator, and he said she had been killed. It's an interesting choice of words. It's sorta like him saying "And so Chancellor Palpatine and Darth Sidious, who are completely different people, continue leading their forces..."

Oh, and I fully agree with Shashbucklingjedi on this one. When a plane crashes, you investigate the crash site, no matter how unlikely it is that anyone survived it. You just DO it, out of common sense, out of humanity, whatever. For them to just leave the planet without first going just beyond those hills and checking to see whether Aurra was dead or agonizing under the burning wreckage is just cruel and stupid.

10. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    ...or it's a plot device! :p

11. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Or the dark side! Or maybe Boba was so whiny they wanted to put him in custody as soon as possible! Or a monkey lizard dragged her from the wreckage!

Though I do note: Things can happen off-screen. Who's to say they didn't check? Of course that's just me trying to find an alternative which allows my preferred representation of characters. :p

EDIT: (ahem) Interesting points. I don't really see any way around it. Intellectually, I can see Gry and Swash are right. I'm just so very tired of deconstruction as a whole, let alone Plo Koon deconstruction, even if it's well-founded. Sorry for derailing the topic, it's just instinct. (a'la Bannamu) HOKAY! I SHUT UP NOW! BACK ON TOPIC! :D

12. imperial_buckethead

imperial_buckethead Jedi Knight

Nov 5, 2010
    Gave it an 8/10. It was very beautifully stylized episode, and they did a great job setting up a tense atmosphere - even though we know Padme won't die. And yes, while Ahsoka's force visions are a little too clear for a mere padawan, I think they did a good job in the execution of those sequences.

My biggest problem with this episode is the fact that it's a continuity bait-and-switch. We see this summarization from all these previous recent episodes, giving the impression that the series is actually going to start straightening itself out chronologically, and that the overall story of the Clone Wars can move forward. But at the very end with the confrontation of Ziro in jail, Lucas and Filoni themselves might as well have popped out the TV screen an laughed "HA HA! That's right, the entire last season and a half were all prequel episodes! BWAHAHAHA!"

13. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    The episode itself wasn't so impressive, but I had to give it a 7/10 because of the looks of Alderaan and the inclusion of Williams music.