main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 308 "Evil Plans"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 11, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 308 "Evil Plans"

Poll closed Nov 11, 2010.
  1. 10

4.8%
  2. 9

1.6%
  3. 8

8.1%
  4. 7

14.5%
  5. 6

9.7%
  6. 5

17.7%
  7. 4

11.3%
  8. 3

19.4%
  9. 2

4.8%
  10. 1

8.1%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (64 votes): 4.89

2. TheLucasAdvocate1992

TheLucasAdvocate1992 Jedi Padawan star 2

Aug 14, 2010
    While I did originally give this episode a 5/10 I'll give it a 6 now, partly because I enjoyed the spa scene and partly because I just love Cad Bane's voice. :D

3. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Why do we have a pool for this episode in particular?

4. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I give it a 3/10. Poor episode overall, but good voice acting from Burton and Daniels. Thats about it.

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    I'd give it an 8. I really loved R2 and C-3PO as the center of the episode.

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, the Mod Team decided it would be nice to have polls so that people could grade the episodes, and then we could get a final grade average and such. Well, since we're midway though the season we thought we might as well start with this one. We'll do it for every subsequent episode, putting up the thread the next Thursday night after it airs, so that people have a week to reflect upon it.

Once we go into the Christmas break we can go back and post polls for the past episodes of the season, and maybe between seasons we can even go back and do these for past seasons as well.

7. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    That was hard.................no it wasn't. I hated this episode with a passion. 1/10

The only thing I liked about this ep. was Helios-3E. He's a cool Assassin Droid but that was it. I absolutely hated this showing and I believe many other fans were blown away by how bad it was.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Pretty much this for me. :p

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    7/10. Loved the mob/mafia theme around the Hutts. I've always envisioned them as the Star Wars mafia.

P.S: Will there be a poll for the previous episodes of this season?

10. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Read my post above.

Everybody is surely entitled to their opinion, but I'd really like to hear a few words from the person who gave this a perfect 10. What is about this that makes it the perfect Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode?

11. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    I gave it a five, but I think I was also being generous. Not the worst episode I guess.

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I've read it. But since you only mentioned subsequent and no previous episodes, I decided to ask. So, no previous episodes then?

13. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I gave it a 1. Mundane story + out-of-character iconic characters = EPIC FAIL.

14. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sorry, haven't read that part. :oops:

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    5/10.

It felt like a 3/10 after a string of mediocre episodes, but it's just a so-so episode by itself. ;)

17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I gave it a 4. I was not a fan of the Droid spa, or the idea that Cad Bane would think that Threepio would have the plans. The Hutt stuff was actually pretty decent, though.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    5/10. Liked the couple of Droids references (if intentional), Cad Bane, and the Hutts. But kinda wish Padme's party would have gone up in flames at the end or something. Too predictable. And I've come to despise that apartment.

19. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Gave it a 6/10. It's not the best or the most epic episode, but I really thought it was intriguing that they'd contrast the darkness lurking behind the scenes with the mundane premise given to Threepio and Artoo. I liked their interactions, and seeing the Hutt clans. They also did a great job with settings and voices this time around, which I find laudable. That's my assessment, anyway.

Though I should note, the sheer dedication of Anthony Daniels shows Threepio would make this thing 7/10 to me. ;)

20. imperial_buckethead

imperial_buckethead Jedi Knight

Nov 5, 2010
    5/10 A completely unnecessary prequel/filler episode that is just barely -barely - saved by Daniels performance.

21. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I think I'll have to skip these. I'm the kind of fan who will either like something or overanalyse it enough to like it. When I think about this episode, I go "well, perhaps six-seven", then I remember the C-c-c-c-Kramboan and all that kind of stuff, and just couldn't give it anything less than eight. Insert that kind of thinking to every time I try to put something in order or describe my every though of one episode with a mere number, and it becomes a mess. So better not even try.

22. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    2/10

It was incredibly pointless, filler, mundane and boring.

The only reason I didn't give it a 1 is, I can imagine TCW doing things that I would hate even more. (Which says a lot about my low expectations these days)

23. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Well, I gave it a four out of kindness. As someone above me stated Daniel's wonderful performance was the saving grace of this episode & by the episode commentary he really enjoyed doing this one; also, he's the only solid link to the Saga besides R2. I must say I did enjoyed the droid spa, but like a lot of things in CWS it was mishandled.

24. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    ^^ Exactly. the droid spa would have been very onteresting under different circumstances. If TODO had shoved Artoo in against his will and made the spa droids give him a makeover, there would be nothing wrond with R2's characterization.

But I digress, this isn't on topic.

25. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    By my calculations, so far the grade average is a round 5.

^^And I agree, R2 struggling to escape the spa would have been WAY more entertaining.