main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 309 "Hunt for Ziro"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Nov 18, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 309 "Hunt for Ziro"

Poll closed Nov 18, 2010.
  1. 10

16.7%
  2. 9

24.2%
  3. 8

40.9%
  4. 7

7.6%
  5. 6

3.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

6.1%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (70 votes): 7.95

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    8/10

I don't know who gave it 1, but I would like to hear some explanation.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I was one of the 8's, but yeah, I'd like to hear from who gave it a 1 as well.[face_thinking]

4. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    I was going to give it an 8, but decided to settle on a 7. I'm still pretty sure this episode SEEMS better because of the atrocities that came before it.

And I'd like to hear from the 1 as well. We never heard a word from the 10s in Evil Plans, so I'm starting to think these extremists are just trolls.

5. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    7/10, that is what I put in the other thread. It was going to be a 5/10 but I thought the ep. was hilarious.

I still love TODO with a lightsaber! :D

The person who put a 1 must have been a TCW-Vos-Hater. Typical. I guess some fans would rather have a dead Vos rather than Lively one...

6. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Pretty much my logic, but I still gave it an 8.

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Gave it an 8/10. I enjoyed it heavily. The character work wasn't as strong, but there was a lot of great adventure involved, and the whole Ziro subplot actually caught me by surprise while having the character be both smarter and more pitiable than ever before. :D

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I agree. However, this episode deserves a bonus because all my fear that I had about the episode didn't materialized.

9. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    8/10. Humor, adventure, and action. Need I say more?

Only the terrible love scenes brought it down.

10. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    Quinlan Vos acts like a stupid wacky fratboy compared to his comic counterpart and he's an obviois Anakin stand-in. I AM NOT AMUSED!

Also, Ziro's death was anti-climatic to the extreme. And I didn't like how EVERY major character on Nal Hutta sounded like someone out of the Deep South.

Also, at this point, I hate Cad Bane. He has survived way too many fights with the Jedi cream of the crop. He should be dead by now.

1/10, mostly for Vos. The only redeeming quality was that Ziro died.

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    That's exactly what I mean, it shouldn't get a bonus just because "it didn't suck like I was expecting it to".

However, it might deserve a bonus for offering the first genuine surprise in the series (even though the fact of Ziro's death was spoiled by the preview, how it came about was completely unexpected).

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  13. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I gave it a 9/10. Would've been a 10/10 if it wasn't for Gardulla living past Bounty Hunter.

14. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    8/10. Good episode, but not among the highlights of the series.

15. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010
    8/10. Good material, weird material, but entertaining overall.

16. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I gave it an 8. I think we've had a very good run starting with "Assassin" and this one kept that up.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    There were many thing that I feared about it, and TCW handled right: Bane with a lightsaber, Ziro and Sy relationship, Nal Hutta, etc... But it's just my opinion.

I'm glad I didn't saw that preview. The Vos one was enough.

18. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I gave it a solid 8 - there were a few little things that could have been better, but overall, a solid episode.

19. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I gave it an 8 as well. Probably closer to 7.5, really... but that rounds to 8 so thats what I went with. Not big on the Ziro-Sy interaction but the rest was very good. Loved seeing Quinlan Vos :)

20. AvadaKenobi

AvadaKenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 2, 2009
    I gave it 9/10. I enjoyed it quite a bit (one of my favorites of the entire series, actually) but Bane getting away knocked it down from a 10.

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Gotta agree with Avada, also the Gardulla thing was a minor irritation.

Overall , it was 9/10 because they made a huge gamble in having a Sy/Ziro focused story and they actually pulled it off.

It had Obi-Wan, Vos wasnt too bad and used his psychometry, and generally the dialogue was great.

22. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
  23. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    8...Much of the plot did not make since but, was bizarre, creative, fun and had OW in it though the are somethings I did dislike:

-Ziro's mom.
    -OW killing the water snake.
    -Mega Force jumps.

Oh, and I'm glad Bane sucked with the lightsaber.

24. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I would give this episode a 9/10. Easily my favorite episode of Season 3 so far.

You know I just want to state that this episode completely redeemed Snootles to me. You see before Hunt for Ziro came along I disliked her. I disliked her mainly because of the awful Jedi Rocks scene in ROTJ, which in my opinion is the absolute worst Star Wars scene ever created. However this episode managed to give me a more positive view on Snootles. I liked the whole Sy Snootles/Ziro the Hutt romance thing too. Plus I thought Nika Futterman did a great job voicing her.

25. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    9.. Ziro+Sy is and was the most surprising Star Wars couple, and I absolutely love both of them. Ziro's death was both tragic and beautiful not to mention totally unexpected. Couldn't have gone out a better way.

Ziro's mama was just plain perfect. Just so perfect. Sad, funny, and beautiful in her own way. I'd be very pleased to see her again, but I won't get my hopes up.

Pretty indifferent about Vos, Bane, and Obi-Wan. Their whole thing is the reason I give it a nine out of ten. But yeah this is a personal favorite of mine, dethroning Bombad Jedi.