main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 310 "Heroes on Both Sides"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Barriss_Coffee, Nov 25, 2010.

?

Grade the Episode - 310 "Heroes on Both Sides"

Poll closed Nov 25, 2010.
  1. 10

11.9%
  2. 9

13.6%
  3. 8

23.7%
  4. 7

23.7%
  5. 6

15.3%
  6. 5

3.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

3.4%
  9. 2

1.7%
  10. 1

3.4%
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. An episode can be boring and yet have good storytelling. I liked LaPR, but you can't say that it had good storytelling. It barely had any story at all. It was a campaign episode, that could sit well between the latest political episodes. I still think this political episodes will make more sense (or even be pivotal), later on.

2. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    The main problem I have with all these political episodes is that they aren't pivotal. I thought for sure that Heroes on Both Sides would be a game-changer, with repurcuasions for the series as a whole, but in the end we just got Ahsoka learning an obvious lesson. And we all know how long Ahsoka remembers her lessons. [face_tired]

3. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    [quote=fEDIT: Bleh, forgot this isn't the episode discussion thread. XD

4. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    7...Again, an episode with good potential totally mishandled.

5. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    I gave it a ten for being the only really good politic's episode thus far.
    Good character episode for Ahsoka too.

6. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    No, this is exactly not the point. Aren't these episodes clearly hinting at the fact that this show is for adults now (ever since season 2)? The only relation this show has to kids is the network it's broadcasted on.

7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    ummm... i think this should be for both kids and adults but this politics with poorly written plots and general childishness , illogical characters and overall stupidity (that is prob in corruption, academy, evil plans, pursuit of peace and assassin) is for no one[face_worried]

8. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Can't really follow that reply..

9. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Loved EVERYTHING about this episode, hated its follow-up. 10/10 I felt like they spent the most time and thought on this one than any other.

10. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Maybe a 6, for mostly for Ahsoka's "If Aayla can do it I can do it better" wardrobe.:p

Oh yeah, the Transforming vacuum cleaners - up to 7.

11. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I sort of liked this episode mainly because you get a feeling that Ahsoka changes her viewpoint of the Republic, which could be a hint of her downfall from grace, or something like it.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    i meant that even childfriendly show don't have to be childish- especially boring but childish show is not good for anyone- kids get bored and adults feel like plot is dumb... got it?

13. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    7/10

A political episode that works.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Much like R2 Come Home from Season 2, this is a nice episode suffering from bad placement.
    The concept is great. But it's a prequel and the most fascinating character in the episode is killed offscreen in the next episode. Not only that but no real peace talks ever occur because the sabotage destroys it easily and so nothing of noticable value is accomplished in this episode. Had this led to actual peace talks with Palpatine, a few loyalists and jedi bodyguard Anakin and Ahsoka, then I'd rank this episode higher. But basically whatever progress this episode makes is completely undone in the next one.

6/10

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Not interested in any of it, especially not Ahsoka's little chat with Lux.

16. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    what in Star Wars insterests you if you're not interested in clones, mandos, droids, separatists, republic or Padmé- do you like any jedi or just Ventress ,many eps like this were interesting to me especially this since we first time saw how Dooku rules his people i was very interested in this concept of separatist senate and i was happy with portrayal of Dooku as leader he is much like Palpatine- no wonder why many cannot choose CIS or Republic -they are pretty much similar- clones and droids. Dooku and Palpatine and corruption is everywhere, sith behind both sides i very much liked this episode..... i also liked that chat especially how jedi are having a bad reputation because of war- makes jedi purge and OT-era believable if jedi are not considered as heroes everywhere.... and Grievous succeeds in his scheme- always worth of special mention in TCW:p

But what do you want to see?

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    9. Love it. Although I do wish the scriptwriters had a thesaurus handy; I don't know how many times they said 'banking deregulation' and 'high security infiltration' but such repetition is tiring [face_tired].

Plus-points each for Nix Card, Gume Saam, Lott Dod, new Ahsoka, Mina Bonteri, Separatist Parliament, Parliament being modelled on British Houses of Parliament, Transformer droids, Grievous winning, and that opening shot of Raxus (OMG it's beautiful:_|)

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    This is the only political episode that gets a 10 from me. I have promised a rant on this episode to come before season four, so keep your eyes peeled, fellow LACWACers. [face_beatup]

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    A rant? As in, bash this episode, after you just gave it a 10? DOES NOT COMPUTE.:confused:

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I use "rant" as a neutral term.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ah, I see. Rant does generally have negative connotations though so I think you can excuse my confusion.

So you liked it too, eh? Finally, something we can agree on. I wouldn't call HOBS perfect, but it's most definitely my favourite 'political' episode, by a looooooooong way.

22. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    My 10 does not stand for perfect episode. I do not believe in perfect episodes.

23. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    So you're a glass-half-empty kind of guy eh?

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    No, I'm actually very consciously optimistic about TCW, there are multiple 10's in each season for me, but I think it's unrealistic to expect perfection. All episodes are going to have their flaws. Of course, we know from posting on this board that what is or is not a flaw is mostly a matter of perspective.

25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It was a good episode, but ultimately pointless. I'll admit, I wanted such an episode to explain why there is the "heroes on both sides" line in the opening crawl for ROTS, but even then, I don't think that line should ever have been included.

I'm sure there were good people in the Empire too, but that doesn't mean that being reminded that they are there really affects the story.

The opening crawl also had the line "evil is everywhere." An episode about trying to establish peace talks between two entities that mutually see each other as being corrupt beyond repair seemed out of place.

I'd give it a 5/10, good episode in execution, but really didn't add anything for me.