main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 316 "Altar of Mortis"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Feb 10, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 316 "Altar of Mortis"

Poll closed Feb 10, 2011.
  1. 10

16.7%
  2. 9

33.3%
  3. 8

14.8%
  4. 7

11.1%
  5. 6

7.4%
  6. 5

5.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1.9%
  10. 1

9.3%
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wavered between a 9 and a 10 because I didn't quite like so much LotR homages. But psychotic, dark-side Ahsoka makes up for that. 10/10.

2. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, this episode really annoyed me in a way nothing else Star Wars has ever done. 1.

3. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I can't stand the "mortis" trilogy. It reminds me of Star Trek, its so not star warsy

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    The fact that this arc has way more cerebral components and traditional science fiction elements, two of Star Trek's strong suits and Star Wars' weak spots, is one of the reasons I loved it so much. :D

5. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    9/10

Very impressive.

6. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    7/10

Plus points for having Qui-Gon/Liam return, which automatically elevates everything around it. Great visuals. A reasonably fun adventure overall.

Negative points for several aspects of seeming illogic. Most things seemed so open to interpretation it doesn't really feel like as an audience we collectively know more about the Force. The implication that it was all a dream or whatever in essence made the trilogy kind of throwaway. Everything is back to status quo.

7. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    This is the poll for Altar of Mortis, not Ghosts of Mortis. The poll for the trilogy finale will only be up on Thursday, as usual.

8. Prime_

Prime_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2003
    Whoops, my mistake! Apologies...

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    5/10 combination of good and bad- i still dislike these fantasy influences in wrong places- fantasy is good- SW is good...fantasy in SW[face_sick]

anyway it was enjoyable to see story go as i said it will go[face_laugh]

And Dark Side Ahsoka was sooo funny.... still.... dark side Dobby[face_beatup] worst possible way to make her turn... honest manipulation would have been much better- what if Son would have showed Anakin's future to her instead or something anything else than 'dark side poison' really- i would've rather seen possession of Ahsoka's body through crystal ball:p or anything but not darkside elf biting your glove... yes it was funny how it bit her glove/sleeve whatever it is in her costume... not her hand or arm- it didn't even go deep enough to 'poison her'... ok this arc has these dreamlike things but still didn't like that scene...

10. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    =D=

Sam used a lot of the 'Ghost Host' (from Disney's original HAUNTED MANSION ride) in his Son character's voice.

I'll let you guess whose idea that was.

11. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    Uh... Star Wars has always been fantasy.

Anyway, I gave it a nine when I voted awhile back.

12. hanimal

hanimal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2000
    8/10 weakest of the arc.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    magical transformations to griffins and gargoyles are not original SW i mean- neither are magical daggers- lightsaber is more scifithing

there is delicate balance between scifi and fantasy in SW. in this arc it was broken

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Filoni claims it's reminiscent to the cave, but he's failed to show the similarities. This arc started off fantastic and as it progressed on and on and up to the end, it failed to explain what the whole thing was all about, at least to the casual viewer. I'm no fool, and I understand that in the end it was nothing but a Force dream shared by all three of them, but I can't help but still feel unsure of what it means to the saga. They were better off just making them real.

15. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Answered in the appropriate Ghosts of Mortis discussion thread.

16. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    7/10. Highlighted by Ahsoka's dark turn and performance by the Son. Not quite the level of the other two, though.

17. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I gave it a 7/10 but immediately wished I'd done an 8. It was really exciting to watch this one for the first time... it just doesn't seem to have held together as well in retrospect. But I also feel like it was judged more harshly than it deserved.

18. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I kind of regret giving this a 10. I see why I did at the time because I was really psyched about this whole arc and I hadn't seen Ghosts of Mortis yet, but in retrospect this was definitely the worst of the trilogy and probably should have gotten a 9 or an 8. For some reason, although I loved it at first, the voice acting on the "I hate you" line bothers me now. I'm very, VERY rarely critical of the voice acting, but something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I feel exactly the other way round. In retrospect I liked this one better than 'Ghosts', and I wish I gave this one a 10 instead of a 9.

20. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Well, in that case we cancel each other out and break even. Must have been the will of the Force.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    7. Annoying dialogue that didn't make sense, plot that didn't really make sense, everyone just goes along with it asking no questions.
    But what was there was good. Son was cool with his red lightning, and Darksoka was well done.

22. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011

"Then I guess we must fight" :oops:

Ahsoka lame voice [face_talk_hand]

All the other things... :_|

23. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Yeah, that was a bad line, and it wasn't executed well.