main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 320 "Citadel Rescue"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Mar 17, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 320 "Citadel Rescue"

Poll closed Mar 17, 2011.
  1. 10

23.7%
  2. 9

31.6%
  3. 8

15.8%
  4. 7

13.2%
  5. 6

5.3%
  6. 5

2.6%
  7. 4

2.6%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (39 votes): 8.02

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ok who voted 1 already???

3. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Nevermind.

Gave this a 9. It was thoroughly enjoyable episode with great action and lots of cool character moments, from Tarkin's words to Piell's death. I'm glad I had no idea of Piell's EU fate, so that didn't bother me.

4. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    This episode would usually be a 8-10 with most people but EU fans/lovers probably have mix feelings about Piell's death so they'll vote lower.

Personally I gave it a 9.

5. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Gave it a 7. I would have been able to take Piell's death a little better if it wasn't so.....lame.(IMO) It was just, they could have done it better is all.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    A perfect episode!
    +1 for Ahsoka carving up crab droids and Osi Sobeck.
    11/10.
    What?!! No option for an 11??!!

7. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Gave it a 9. Certainly some of the most thrilling adventure on the run that I've seen in this series!

In terms of actual execution and overall quality, I'd say the Citadel trilogy might be at around a 7, balancing out egregious plot holes and errors with genuinely interesting and entertaining parts. On the other hand, I found the non-stop action here to be excellently handled with the exception of a lack of starfighter combat.

Also, I liked it as a vehicle to explore matters like Tarkin, the Chancellor versus the Council, and Ahsoka's potentially growing apart from her master. The sheer fun of the action, along with adding such intriguing pieces to the story, warranted a couple more points with me. :p

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I give it an 8. Agree with everyone else, thoroughly enjoyable episode with plenty of action.
    I felt that Sobeck's death was good even though I still would have preferred the original version with Tarkin. In the end though Tarkin still shot him, only this time Sobeck didn't die and got back up.
    I think more time devoted to the space battle was needed, as well as different voice actors for Tiin and Admiral Coburn.
    The Tarkin/Anakin banter was excellent as always, they're really good chums now.
    If I hadn't found out about the continuity chaos this episode created with Piell's death then it would have probably have been a 9.
    So I will end by saying it was good, but like everything we've seen so far, with a little more attention to detail it could have been so much better.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    i gave full ten about enjoyable episode:) - it had cons of course but no major ones IMO- Even's death was too bad for eu-fans but it was best possible choice and this time i did not foresee plot beforehand so it was awesome surprisefilled episode... this is what TCW should be- that's why i ignore the cons (Plo's unexplained behaviour, illogical lava physics) completely this time.... more this please- instead of poorly written Padmé's adventures or predictable symbolic fantasystories..... action, excitement and surprises - Even's or Sobeck's deaths were not spoiled beforehand - huge plus for makers of this show[face_peace]

10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
  11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it an 8.

By far the best episode of this trilogy. +1 for backstabbing Ahsoka. Really cool twist with Piell dying and giving Ahsoka the coordinates. Loved the fact that she's supposed to give it to the council only. Makes me wonder what's going to happen next. The ending with Plo Koon was really cool and intriguing.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    4/10

Wanted to give it a 1/10, but there was enough "pew pew" and "vroom vroom" (even though it was poorly done) to provide some entertainment.

Ahsoka's existence is as annoying as ever, and Piell's death was terrible in every way possible, not just the stomping of the EU.

The plan to fight the anoobas was terrible to begin with.
    He gets mauled, but you couldn't tell from looking at him.
    Ahsoka just tosses his killer with ease...
    Piell gives awful death bed speech.
    They take time in the middle of a warzone to wrap him up and send him down the lavafall.
    Now there is no way he possibly survived.
    We had no reason to care about Piell anyway, he barely spoke this entire arc.

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I gave it a 7/10.

Would have been 10/10 if:

- they had made this a duology. 3 episodes on the Citadel were too many, although it was the 2nd episode that had the most problems.

- they had given us just a little more in the space battle. Pretty anticlimactic with Jedi Top Gun.

- they had done Piell's death a bit better. The funeral was cool, but his actual death and then Ahsoka's Force pushing the beast away actually made me laugh. Something about the timing.

Overall definitely one of the better episodes of the season and maybe the only trilogy this season where the final episode is the strongest. With Nightsisters and Mortis, I enjoyed the first episode the most.

15. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    8/10

- Anakin/Tarkin dynamics (and possible future implications)
    - Anoobas
    - Even Piell's cremation
    - Osi Sobeck
    - Ahsoka stabbing Sobeck...foreshadowing, anybody?
    - Dee Bradley Baker as Saesee Tiin

Not as good as Nightsisters or Mortis, but it works.

16. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

I like it better after re-watching. Based on my first view, I would have given it a 7, but it has grown on me.

17. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    You knew the Father was going to kill himself? I was stunned when that happened!

18. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Gave it a 9. Don't care at all about the EU getting pushed aside sometimes, so no problems from me in that terms. There are two reason why I didn't give this a 10 and that is because I feel that after two episodes on the ground, we could have gotten a bit more time for the space rescue. Also, Fisto has no dialogue :_|. But overall this was a really good arc keeping up the quality of the second half of the season

19. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Gave it an 8. Good finale to a very good trilogy.

20. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    Gave it a higher rating than any other episode in this trilogy, a solid 9. I had a specific reason for not giving it a 10, but it's escaped me at the moment...

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Piell's death? Lack of focus on space battle?

22. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    10. Great ending to a much-needed clone wars-themed episode. And even if the space battle was mostly overlooked, it was still pretty amazing. :cool:

23. Darth_Tarkus

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm quite ignorant when it comes to Clone Wars EU so it wasn't the death of Master Piell, and I certainly would've liked for there to have been more of a space battle, but I don't think that was it...

Ah! I think you've jogged my memory. I'm pretty sure I bumped it to 9 because of a missed opportunity. In my ideal world, the action in the episode would've been over with 2/3 of the way through, and the rest of the episode would've been spent on the dilemma of the Jedi Council having half the secrets and S.C. Palpatine having the other half, and building on their distrust of one another. I really wanted to see that. It could've involved Anakin, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Yoda, Plo Koon, Captain Tarkin, and S.C. Palpatine bringing their disagreements on the handling of the war to the forefront, Ahsoka could've spoken out-of-turn like Anakin in Ep. II, the idea of supposed peace-keepers leading a war could've been more thoroughly addressed, there are just so many things they could've done.

24. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    5/10 A lot of wasted potential.

25. EstarGuars

EstarGuars Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2011
    9/10 Great end for a great trilogy and I liked Even Piell´s death TCW version, for me it´s better than being another casualtie of the Jedi Purge, being killed by an Anooba it´s on another level :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.