main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 4.10: "Jedi Night" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 20, 2018.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 27, 2018.
  1. 10

48.3%
  2. 9

36.2%
  3. 8

6.9%
  4. 7

5.2%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

3.4%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think he knew that the only way to stop the factories was for him to die on the fuel tanks.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    But I am not the only one who's asking. And what's concerning me, the target of the series, 12-13 years old kids were the same - why did he die, it wasn't necessary, did he want to?

And I don't think it's a good thing.
    Why I called it bad or rather sloppy writing? Because it took a character who said so many important things about living, who was a good example of surviving and winning through this, basically committing suicide.

It looked like he suddenly wanted to die and prepared for this the whole episode with the goodbyes and "I have to tell you something". Like the wolves brainwashed him or something ;)

I don't like when death is presented as a better option than living...
    And then we got "he completed the mission" so his death was validated by this?
    He didn't complete the mission, Pryce did.

It was very dramatic, greatly animated, with amazing music but it lacked sense and even a tiny bit of explanation.

We didn't wonder why Ahsoka stayed on Malachor and saved Ezra. But here?

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    But that's a different story. Everyone and their mother knew Ahsoka's fate was sealed in some way, shape or form with Vader. If she thought she could stop him from going after the Ghost Crew by staying behind; of course she was going to do it. She gave them a fighting chance to escape WITH THE SITH HOLOCRON.

4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
  5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I really liked this episode But It was super sad. I think Kanan could be intertwined with the main Loath Wolf What do you guys think? or Kanan will come back as a force Ghost.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Well, it was Kanan's idea to have a very exciting landing at the fuel depot. Who's to say he didn't anticipate this because of the Force or something?

You could potentially go even deeper and say that it was Kanan's idea to get Ezra to devise the plan, knowing he would come up with the weird-ass low-tech gliders that would inevitably get shot and have to have very exciting landings, which would allow him to derail the original rendezvous and steer them towards the fuel depot so that Pryce could blow him up.

7. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Wow, what an episode. That's all I can say. The emotions, the animation, the music; it was perfect.

10/10

8. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    10/10

had the perfect amount of everything

9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Brilliant episode. Easily best of the season so far, one of the best of the series overall.

You knew Kanan had to go this season but I didn't expect it to be in the first episode back after the break! It was pretty much forecast from the start of the episode but that did nothing to take away from the emotion of the scene.

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Excellent episode, even thou I was expecting Kanan to die from the moment it started.

The action was great, the dialogue and character moments were great, and the final scene with Kanan dying was appropriately Star Warsy and emotional.

11. Darth_Narcissist

Darth_Narcissist Jedi Knight

Feb 25, 2012
    As Much As I LOVE Kanan... his fate was sealed from day 1... you knew he had to die..... because of the Luke is the last jedi thing...... Kanan saved his mates and became one with the force... He loved hera and died saving her life ad the life of his friends..... I also believe Ezras fate is sealed in death as well...

12. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great episode for the show to return with. It was very intense and dramatic and had some good action and character moments, both from the heroes and the villains; I liked it a whole lot. Kanan rescuing Hera was the highlight (and tipsy Hera was pretty amusing) but I also liked the subplot of Ezra and Sabine arranging the ride back to the Rebel base (and the gang's way of getting to the Imperial center in the first place by disguising them as giant Lothal bats was pretty clever). The big moment at the end (Kanan sacrificing himself to save the rest of the group) was really sad and emotional, a great scene to end the episode with.

The only real negative was that I found it a bit annoying that Kanan and Hera stopped to have some reunion moments (three if counting the last one atop the fuel cell) during the rescue mission itself, fully knowing that the bad guys are coming to get them, which was just wasting valuable time (not a fan of the trope of having people taking breathers to hug, smooch, reconcile, etc. before they are out of immediate danger, much since bad stuff usually cut everything short and leave someone dead), but other than that it was really good.

9/10

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018